• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

i was making these glow worm/mask dungeons harder on myself, i thought if you used two sets of 3 for a combo of the same color you'd do twice the damage, but it doesn't work that way and i was wasting my much needed gems.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
New Rare Egg gacha is water! I'm surprised Neptune isn't part of that increased hit rate though... :x

Either way I managed to get him. Excite!

Also got my Flare Drall's SKL to level 3. First time I've skilled something that far up, I think.

J0dy77

How do your guys/gals get so many pulls? Are you spending $$ on them?

I have take 3 rare pulls, currently have 7 gems and 100 boxes.

I also just got wiped on the 4th level of Fertile Land. I tried to run with Ammy as my leader, and my one green Odin friend as the other. I just couldn't heal fast enough.

Well that's just it, I only have 50 boxes and 45 boxes on my 2 accounts. I have no clue how some of the guys have 80 when posting screenshots. I've bought 3 eggs personally across the 2 devices but that was it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well that's just it, I only have 50 boxes and 45 boxes on my 2 accounts. I have no clue how some of the guys have 80 when posting screenshots. I've bought 3 eggs personally across the 2 devices but that was it.

You don't want to know how many boxes I have, hahaha.

Radav

I made a huge mistake. I entered Flame Mechdragon expert with my grass team.

Don't feel bad. I've done that more times then I'd like to admit.

Soo slow trying to grind out the xp I need to level up all my stuff. I've had zero luck with kings which makes it take that much longer. Cause I have to farm tech dungeons over and over. Bah...

Anyway, I sent a bunch of people who have ADKs listed on the spreadsheet invites. I'll try and level my own up some tomorrow. If you have one and didn't get an invite feel free to toss me one my ID is 396,139,295.

Raven77

I'm sitting on 15 magic stones right now.

Anyone know what the special chance will be this weekend? Like Gods, Dragons, etc.

Saving them for when they have an increased chance of something really awesome.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Anyone know what the special chance will be this weekend? Like Gods, Dragons, etc.

I don't know if they announce it early or not. If you aren't craving a strong water monster, it's best to save them. Neptune is a nice addition to a Hera team (or any high defense dungeon), but that's the only thing in there that really screams legit (Siren the Enchanter, too...But she's at least semi-farmable).

It's usually a specific element (water since the previous one was fire) unless there's a special event going on, when the chances for certain Gods go waaaaaay up.

Quick question: if I level the skill of a monster, and then later evolve that monster, do I lose the skill ups?

Only if the skill changes between evolutions. I think they even warn you about it...

$$

I dont think any of us here are even that bad. On the FB froup a few people have spent over $1k. I paid $100 to import Tales of Graces from Japan and then i didnt even play it. This game ive put easily over 60 hours into already, so it seems silly to me to be averse to paying.

Just me though

I have 135 slots in my monster box and I find even that limiting, as I'm holding monsters to fuse for later (mostly pengdras and such). Sucks about the skill, not a huge deal considering I'm dealing with Carbuncles (they're my emergency need-a-color healer, shut up!), but having my skill at level 5 makes me not want to evolve them...

So I tried searching both here and google, but my search-fu is apparently weak today. Can anyone link me where I can find what I need to do some of the dual-color ogre fuses? Not sure if they're that great, but I kinda want to do one just to see. I also feel like they'd be good for farming masks, as you can get 2 attacks per monster instead of just 1.

commish

$$

I dont think any of us here are even that bad. On the FB froup a few people have spent over $1k. I paid $100 to import Tales of Graces from Japan and then i didnt even play it. This game ive put easily over 60 hours into already, so it seems silly to me to be averse to paying.

Just me though

It's always interesting to me how averse some people are to spending money on freemium games. Sure, no problem spending $65 for a game that you play for 15 hours, but spend $25 on a freemium game you've already put 50 hours into for free? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU. Of course, I'm not talking about the guy you quoted, but just a general attitude I've noticed whenever freemium games come up.

ParityBit

So I tried searching both here and google, but my search-fu is apparently weak today. Can anyone link me where I can find what I need to do some of the dual-color ogre fuses? Not sure if they're that great, but I kinda want to do one just to see. I also feel like they'd be good for farming masks, as you can get 2 attacks per monster instead of just 1.

You can find them in this list and see what you need when you select them

http://translate.google.com/transla...om/wiki/Puzzle_%26_Dragons_%E7%BB%B4%E5%9F%BA

*sighs* I died on the last level of the green tech dungeon. I got steamrolled.

ToxicAdam

Completing all dungeons through Castle of Satan = 18 stones
Completing Daily Dungeons = 5 stones
Completing Metal Dragon Dungeons = 5 stones
Completing first 4 Tech Dungeons = 4 stones
GungHo Giveaways from Dec/Jan = 25+ stones
Consecutive Log in Bonuses (30 days) = 8 stones

So that's about 65 stones that can be had fairly easily in this game (over a 45 day time period). That's not counting the other random dungeons that gave a stone pretty easily (like Breakers).

Granted some of those stone giveaways were related to holidays (christmas and new years) and you can't count on them being so generous, but there is always some kind of milestone/reason for them to hand them out every month.

xelios

I did a LOT of work this week. Game's more fun if I can share my progress right? Anyway here are today's pulls and the evolutions I've worked towards all week (would've had a couple more but I didn't get enough keepers). Coming week I think I'll be working on Minerva and Neptune's busty evolutions, and evolving Berserk and Aurora Dragon.

Good/decent pulls:

pulls2ys2u.png

Today's evolutions:

evolve2r2s33.png

evolve410sy1.png

evolve11lsrm.png

306fsw4.png

ToxicAdam

Ohhh .. never saw an evolved Leviathan before. His 5 star artwork is laughably bad. He has a great leader skill (for me), since I run Water/Light a lot.

It's always interesting to me how averse some people are to spending money on freemium games. Sure, no problem spending $65 for a game that you play for 15 hours, but spend $25 on a freemium game you've already put 50 hours into for free? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU. Of course, I'm not talking about the guy you quoted, but just a general attitude I've noticed whenever freemium games come up.

Yea, pretty much. Except change 15 hours to, insome cases, as little as 5 :p

Plus, i imagine the better the game does financially in this market, the more likely we are to see updates with all these new monster packs like JP is getting. So it doesnt bother me in the slightest

You can find them in this list and see what you need when you select them

http://translate.google.com/transla...om/wiki/Puzzle_%26_Dragons_%E7%BB%B4%E5%9F%BA

Thanks! Wouldn't work translated but I was able to find the pictures on the untranslated site. Probably the machine here at work. Guess I'll have to wait on my Ogre. Have 3 green lits, but no green keeper. Have 4 blue keepers, but only 1 blue lit. And no sta! Now I know how this game makes its money...

Edit: I said goddamn! at that Dark Flame Ifrit. What materials did that take?

Edit 2: nm... it's on the page i'm already looking at...

commish

Yea, pretty much. Except change 15 hours to, insome cases, as little as 5 :p

Plus, i imagine the better the game does financially in this market, the more likely we are to see updates with all these new monster packs like JP is getting. So it doesnt bother me in the slightest

Japan is so far ahead of us :\ Granted, the game's been out almost a year :p

I read that GH is making something like $11m a month on this game, so I think it'll be around a long while.

xelios

Edit: I said goddamn! at that Dark Flame Ifrit. What materials did that take?

Edit 2: nm... it's on the page i'm already looking at...

Yeah, they're not too bad. The 5* versions are very easy to evolve and then you just need a rainbow dublit, three colored ones and a dragon fruit. I went with a fire/dark and water/light since I'm going to do a dark and light with Minerva and Neptune respectively as well.

and here i am, still waiting for a damn eu release on either android or ios...
and i keep rerolling on my droid using the us application..... i've rerolled OVER 200 times now.... best drop 5 star... where is my 6 star damn!

ccbfan

I haven't spent any money on the game and I have 115 boxes and have 5 rare pulls.

Even with 115 boxes I feel extremely limited.

Every thursday I get as many dragon plants as possible which usually is like 10-15. This week I had terrible luck so I only have 8. I also keep 2 dragon seed and 3 dragon fruit for evolve purposes. So you're talking about 15-20 there.

Then I have a of each mask and one of each ghost, I keep every divine mask, mystery mask, and dual orb ghost. Thats like 20 - 30 right there.

I also keep every keeper I get so thats like 5-10 right there.

Then comes the colored dragons and pendgas. Where I probably need 15 slot saving up leftover low color dragons and pendgas.

Thats like 60-80 Slot right there. Save me a lot of times maximizing my leveling and almost never have to waste stamina on low level evolve mats.

Plus the fact that I haven't gotten a 5 star drop from the rare gacha make me feel 25 extra slots > 1 rare pull.

Aggrotek

I wish I had the money to buy stones. Some of these monsters are so bad ass. Almost have the things to evolve my Mystic Dark Knight.

and here i am, still waiting for a damn eu release on either android or ios...
and i keep rerolling on my droid using the us application..... i've rerolled OVER 200 times now.... best drop 5 star... where is my 6 star damn!

6* only shows up during godfests and is arguably a worse pick than a 5* for first-time players because of how intense the team cost is.

xCobalt

Seems like I'll be running the legendary flame dungeon tomorrow. Can't pass up today's daily dungeon since I got two monsters that needs to evolve. It'll give me another day to level up my team for that dungeon too!

Decided to pull a frw more because i really wanted a Viper Orochi. Bleh. Best i got was a dino rider, drall, and an unevolved tiamat. Are these colored guaridans (ice/flame/etc) any good? Seems like i should just feed all of them to my mains

Internets

So what are the ways of obtaining Magic Stones? The only ways I know of are, to complete certain dungeons for the first time, certain giveaways from GungHo, and buying it via IAP. Is there any other ways?

Also, can you Rank Up forever? I was thinking of maybe there was some sort of tactic to just refresh your Stamina. I doubt that either of these are true, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

So I hit a wall. Evolved most of my monsters, but cant get past the first lvl of Tower of Satan without getting one shotted by the bosses. Tried to do Friday dungeon but got one shotted by a dub-lit (Ironically the one I needed to evolve my other monster). Thanks to healer friend I was at full health both times. Seems I can't really progress meaningfully anymore.

I can try to level up what I do have but that seems like a painful process. Sigh.

So what are the ways of obtaining Magic Stones? The only ways I know of are, to complete certain dungeons for the first time, certain giveaways from GungHo, and buying it via IAP. Is there any other ways?

I got 3 from the Log In bonus just for logging in today

Also, can you Rank Up forever? I was thinking of maybe there was some sort of tactic to just refresh your Stamina. I doubt that either of these are true, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

Every 10th consecutive login day you get a few. At 50 days you get 5 and i believe at 100 days you get 10. Otherwise, yea thats it

xelios

Seems like I'll be running the legendary flame dungeon tomorrow. Can't pass up today's daily dungeon since I got two monsters that needs to evolve. It'll give me another day to level up my team for that dungeon too!

My Flare Drall is at Lv.38 at this point, and SKL is Lv.3 (9 turns)

Unless you find/found something better just let me know when you want to use him and I'll put him up.

ToxicAdam

So I hit a wall. Evolved most of my monsters, but cant get past the first lvl of Tower of Satan without getting one shotted by the bosses. Tried to do Friday dungeon but got one shotted by a dub-lit (Ironically the one I needed to evolve my other monster). Thanks to healer friend I was at full health both times. Seems I can't really progress meaningfully anymore.

I can try to level up what I do have but that seems like a painful process. Sigh.

You need to have a leader skill (either yours or a friend) that reduces dark damage. You also need that Dark monster on your team to help you make quicker work of the Light monsters you find on that level.

xCobalt

My Flare Drall is at Lv.38 at this point, and SKL is Lv.3 (9 turns)

Unless you find/found something better just let me know when you want to use him and I'll put him up.

Thanks! I'll definitely be using it. Any chance you can give me its current stats? I'm hoping to break 13000 total hp...currently sitting at about 11600 without the second leader.

xelios

Thanks! I'll definitely be using it. Any chance you can give me its current stats? I'm hoping to break 13000 total hp...currently sitting at about 11600 without the second leader.

HP: 1171
ATK: 453
RCV: 200

I'll level him a bit more with metal dragons today to help you get closer. Won't be a problem. :) Max HP is 2146 so I think it can be pulled off.

Nista

Xelios has some badass looking monsters, I need to get him on my friends list.

Never fails, finished the expert lits twice and no drops on the final boss. :/

xelios

Xelios has some badass looking monsters, I need to get him on my friends list.

Never fails, finished the expert lits twice and no drops on the final boss. :/

Just PM me your ID and I'll try to make room.

How much cold hard cash was spent? :p

It's embarrassing. But this game has kept me from hoarding more games on Steam for a while now, so I don't think I'm coming out any worse.

After a few stones from the start (2 or 3) I decided to not using stones again, and use them to increase my box. Now I have 145 box space, so I used 2 stones:

1.- Verche, that I already had.
2.- Sylph, that I already had.

Perfect.

I hate that Sylph. I've gotten half a dozen since I started the game, and 5 Freyjas...Also, $5 for TITANS ARE YOU F*ING KIDDING ME

After a few stones from the start (2 or 3) I decided to not using stones again, and use them to increase my box. Now I have 145 box space, so I used 2 stones:

1.- Verche, that I already had.
2.- Sylph, that I already had.

Perfect.

I had the clever idea last night that since I was 1k until rank up, I would save my stamina, then run Flame Mechdragon in the morning in hopes of drop + rank up, then do ore stuff. Sadly, I accidentally chose Ice Mechdragon with a woefully inadequate team and got raped. So there goes that idea

So I JUST started playing this a few minutes ago and got the 5 magic stones and did the rare machine thing and got this, it said super rare. Is it any good?
image.jpg

Game is really fun so far. I can see many hours wasted.

Raven77

I have been looking around for some of the awesome GAF member FRIENDS CODES.

Can anyone post them please?

My friend code is: 332549203

I have a LVL 31 +1 Loki starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom