• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

IHaveIce

Banned
Joakim is not a real perosn in the sense that he is the developer or this is his real name, but yes this was a real human being.

I mean come on guys.

Double D

Joakim is not a real perosn in the sense that he is the developer or this is his real name, but yes this was a real human being.

I mean come on guys.

But I hope that guy is actually a developer for this game. And I hope he is at GDC with a #teamCG shirt on.

Anyone that voted for CG non-sarcastically has mental issues of some sort.

I think someone needs a cqc-hug:

teamcgcqchug6by6j.gif

I was on the fence so I showed my wife and straight away she said it was CG.

Team CG +1
Did you ask her if the actor looks real? Because if you actually asked her a similar question as opposed to simply hearing a comment made on the video then your question could have influenced her response into giving you such an answer.

Cuburt

What? Like intentional misdirection. Nah not from Geoff.

People really believe that a vote from Geoff is proof now?

I bet the same people really believe they were in a hotel room for that "interview", that that interview wasn't heavily edited if they were even sitting directly across from each other at all, and that none of their exchange was scripted with the Fox engine reveal being an sincere accidental leak.

LeleSocho

Banned
Can't wait to laugh at all the people saying "come on..." or " how there are even people that thinks that is CG" and whatnot.
I will laugh at you and you'll cry for not believing.

Midou

Anyone that voted for CG non-sarcastically has mental issues of some sort.

Even as someone who voted and believes in Real, I completely understand why a sane person can pick CG. Usually the big 3 are

1) There was no point to the interview, Geoff got called to the hotel to be shown a couple pieces of artwork and a couple screens, and it essentially revealed it to be 'the fox engine' which is a useless reveal because we get to see it for real soon anyway.

2) The GDC talk is rendering in the Fox Engine, EDGE has a story about 'facial rendering in the fox engine'. Kojima has spoken about Fox Engine aiming for photo realism.

3) The interview seems really unnatural, this one is more feeling than fact based, but even as I believe it was real, the way the two interacted seemed sort of uncanny valley kind of thing. Like they were having a conversation, but something was off.

I feel Kojima purposefully made it so something feels off, but that he is still real. Yet I don't think the people claiming it to be CG are insane or anything, either they fell for it, or us in #TeamReal were fooled.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
When TeamCG leaves the hospital after their routine brain checkups, I bet they too see fire whales in the sky.

Eusis

I feel Kojima purposefully made it so something feels off, but that he is still real. Yet I don't think the people claiming it to be CG are insane or anything, either they fell for it, or us in #TeamReal were fooled.
Made him wear the bandages all day long out in the sun to get REAL sweaty with bees stinging the guy's lips so they get all swollen looking.

I voted real by the way, I think you guys are crazy for thinking it's CG.

Midou

Made him wear the bandages all day long out in the sun to get REAL sweaty with bees stinging the guy's lips so they get all swollen looking.

I voted real by the way, I think you guys are crazy for thinking it's CG.

That is a big reason I believe it is real. A lot of the over-analyzing to his eyes and mouth are because those features are exaggerated because it's all you can see.

Something is definitely off with the whole interview...I don't know. I guess I'm with the crazies.

Throwing in with #TeamCG

Of course there's something off with it, it's the fake head of a fake studio dodging questions about a mysterious Kojima game with fucking bandages wrapped around his entire head!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Of course there's something off with it, it's the fake head of a fake studio dodging questions about a mysterious Kojima game with fucking bandages wrapped around his entire head!

Seriously, listen to the cunt war veteran. Dude obviously knows his shit.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
How many viewers does GTTV get? I can't imagine the cost of making CG of that quality for GTTV would be worthwhile.

That's the thing. It's photorealism in a cheap engine.

Believe.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I went through hell for you people and now you're fighting for a virtual world.

:'(

I'm on your side! Seriously. :)
We'll come out on top eventually once the dust of war settles.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Better dead than CG Mogren.

It was a goofy skit about a made up developer working on nothing while KojiPro is doing their thang. MGS2 story in marketing action.

Fun and interesting approaches to game design, story design, and marketing are Koji's real talent. Interweaving them. MGS2 story is bluntly about controlling the narrative, and they did that from every aspect. Design, reveal, marketing, story.

This is the next stage of that, and to a degree doesn't have the same luster. Because we know Koji's style we look for the even more extraordinary. And occasionally find ourselves not crossing over into a new realm but dangling over the 100 foot drop of a snake filled cavern.

TeamReal because unless taking the piss, there is no other option.

AkuMifune

Banned
I can#t even comprehend how so many of you can think that is CG.

I want some deep analysis run afterwards. Age ranges/locations/platforms of choice/blood type...we must find out who would be so dumb and how we can breed ourselves out of this mess.

onQ123

8GB of Ram!

this is freaking Mortal Kombat & Street Fighter The Movie in 3D

believe!

streetfightermovie-scrn.jpg

Started from the bottom now we here!

I don't have much invested in this (other than whichever side is wrong must fess up and eat crow) but Joakim is one of the creepiest people/faces I've ever seen. Those bright whit eyes and awkward movement.. just unsettling! Maybe it is CG..

Top Bottom