• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Ask Slayven Thread / Honour Thy Slayven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, this thread is in a way to honour our comic book Mastermind Slayven...Who literally has every answer to every Comic Book question in existence. His knowledge should be acknowledged. And thus I have created this thread for us to either just thank him or ask him a comic book related question, If he deems us worthy enough hopefully he'll reward us with Answers.

First Question...

There's a Black equivalent to Superman (Calvin Ellis) and Wonder Woman (Nubia) is there one for Batman?

Honestly, this thread is in a way to honour our comic book Mastermind Slayven...Who literally has every answer to every Comic Book question in existence. His knowledge should be acknowledged. And thus I have created this thread for us to either just thank him or ask him a comic book related question, If he deems us worthy enough hopefully he'll reward us with Answers.

First Question...

There's a Black equivalent to Superman (Calvin Ellis) and Wonder Woman (Nubia) is there one for Batman?

I think it was Slayven that said Black Panther is what Batman wants to be when he grows up.

It was either him or ManMadeMan.

Dear Slayven:
Why are you the way that you are
Who do you think you are
Do you think this is a game
I'm going to hit you right in the balls

rjinaz

If you could only read one comic again for the rest of your life, which would it be?

And if you could make have any comic made, you had genie powers, what would it be?

Ahasverus

Dear Slayven, honestly how manu times a day do you invest in comic books.

Do they make a profit for you. They should.

Thanks.

Slayven

First Question...

In that universe probably but the first Black Batman was done by Stan Lee of all peopel
10-most-bizarre-versions-of-batman-images-from-just-imagine-stan-lee-s-batman-2001-475229.jpg
250px-JUSTIMAGINEBATMAN.jpeg

does Slayven enjoy video games
Yes a lot
What does he think about tomato soups?
Soups suck
Why do you like Asian women so much?
Why don't you like Black women?
Kick rocks hatter

What is the regular air speed velocity of The Falcon?
last time they listed it, it was 60 to 120, it is limited by the fact he can't breath at high speeds. Unlike ANgel.

If you could only read one comic again for the rest of your life, which would it be?

And if you could make have any comic made, you had genie powers, what would it be?
Spider Girl MC2
When getting into comics should I start from the beginning?
No, you can but it isn't neccary.

I have a serious comic book question....

who is the most dangerous genius in the Marvel universe.
Reed Richards
Dear Slayven, honestly how manu times a day do you invest in comic books.

Do they make a profit for you. They should.

Thanks.

Like about a an hour maybe. I wish I could make money from this

Here's my questions

1. Can you give me a list of characters that are similar to spider Man . Shooting slinging etc

2. What is the best website to view comic work. Coves and panels in decent resolutions

3. Why are there a lot of boring looking fire characters, is there a fire based character that is functional and looks cool?

4. Are there any characters similar to the blob?

5. How many times does batman actually kill in all his books and series. Accidentally and purposely

6. Who are the top.artists today as far as skill

7. Has flash ever been angry. Shot a gun and stopped the bullet by catching it as it exits or taking the bullet himself

Slayven

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
How did you become a comic expert?

Is Death of the Family supposed to be good? I'm just getting into comics and a good friend pushed this on me (they loved it and figured it would be a good entry into the genre for a neophyte) but I really found it to be a whole lot of nothing. Am I missing something and/or I am wrong?

Mechazawa

Slayven when people say Idris Elba should be Green Lantern I think they're stupid. Michael Jai White sounds way closer to the hardheaded performance that Phil Lamarr put in to John Stewart in the Justice League cartoon.

Are they dumb or am I dumb. Because maybe comic book John Stewart makes the Idris Elba thing make more sense, but my only exposure to DC superheroes are the Bruce Timm cartoons.

Slayven

Here's my questions

1. Can you give me a list of characters that are similar to spider Man . Shooting slinging etc

2. What is the best website to view comic work. Coves and panels in decent resolutions

3. Why are there a lot of boring looking fire characters, is there a fire based character that is functional and looks cool?

4. Are there any characters similar to the blob?

5. How many times does batman actually kill in all his books and series. Accidentally and purposely

6. Who are the top.artists today as far as skill

7. Has flash ever been angry. Shot a gun and stopped the bullet by catching it as it exits or taking the bullet himself

Spiderman 2099, Venom, Hybrid, Spider WOman 1-4, Arana the Spider Girl.

Comicvine

Fire, like cold, or electricity is one of those quick and dirty powersets. Firestorm is the best
4076c23ff6a9150a870348ebf0fea345_l.jpg

Shape and Phat are the only ones I can think of right now

Batman has thousands of bodies, he built a superhero killer satellite that went rogue and slaughtered thousands of people. He couldn't life a boulder and a little girl drown so he started taking the prototype to Venom. Robin 2 got killed. So did Orpheus.

Funny thing is I don't keep track with artists. But my favorite of all time is Amanda Connor.

Flash Mad is a bad day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom