• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

keep debating if I should pick up dishonored 2

not really a fan of first person stealth but some of the lethal stuff seems pretty interesting. combat still felt weird when I played the demo though...

nice sale on GMG at the moment though

Tizoc

Legend of Dark Witch 2 is just a 'bigger' version of the previous game: More bosses but WAY more upgrades. In fact more upgrades than is even needed.

Eila

This definitely isn't the right place for this question but I'm not sure where to go.

Does anyone know where I could get a digital copy of Black & White 2? I'm not even sure such a thing exists.

I'm finally getting a gaming PC and that game has been on my list since it came out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Doesn't seem the PC version is on sale digital. Looks like only the Mac version is for sale.

Tizoc

i REAally should be playing through my Summer 2017 purchases, but I forgot what I bought and Idlemaster moves around my 'recent' category as I keep idling for cards :V

So instead this is on my plate for the foreseeable future
Dark Witch 1
Dark Witch 2 (currently playing this)
Marlow Briggs
Onechanbara Z2
Oniken
Onikira
Rad Rogers
RainBlood
Shadow Warrior
Slain
Song of the Deep
Spiderman SD
Steel Strider
Super Cyborg
TMNT Out of the Shadows
Tembo
Velocity 2X
Witch & Hero
Zheros

Yeah I think I can clear this by year's end

That or just stick to the shorter games >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This definitely isn't the right place for this question but I'm not sure where to go.

Does anyone know where I could get a digital copy of Black & White 2? I'm not even sure such a thing exists.

I'm finally getting a gaming PC and that game has been on my list since it came out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The expansion is listed as a "PC Download" title on EA's site but even it isn't actually available on Origin. The best you can do is upvote it on GOG's community wishlist and hope that EA will one day take notice.

zkylon

zkylewd
what's the name of the game in which character upgrades came as tattooes?

i'm pretty sure planescape torment was like that but i think my head's thinking about something else?

i'm pretty sure planescape torment was like that but i think my head's thinking about something else?

Far Cry 3, but I think there's a more interesting example. Like back covering tattoos.
There is that anime tattoo girls game.

Warhammer Quest is strangely addicting. Can't remember who recommended it, but thanks.

I'm a big fan of Warhammer Quest (I even crafted a level 5 badge on Steam) and posted about it two times in this thread, so it was probably me ^_^ Glad you liked it!

A trailer for Warhammer Quest 2 was released today. Sadly, it's mobile-exclusive, but maybe we'll get a PC port eventually:

WQ2_TET_003.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9lZmATn3Q8

Jurassic Park Trespasser had a tattoo on your boob that changed depending on your health status, that's the only one I can think of besides Far Cry 3 which has already been mentioned.

Grief.exe

Whoa, just watched the weapon explanation in Monster Hunter World. This looks crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9sOvw1Kz5s

Can't even find Black and White 1 these days.

keep debating if I should pick up dishonored 2

not really a fan of first person stealth but some of the lethal stuff seems pretty interesting. combat still felt weird when I played the demo though...

nice sale on GMG at the moment though

Have you played the first? It's the better game, especially with the DLC.

Second one gets moving and has some real shining moments. Sadly, I think the core drive of the narrative kinda gets in its own way.

I didn't see this posted yet. Credit to lashman.

From the developer of Action Henk. Man, it looks pretty cool and reminds me a lot of the fun memories I had with the PS2 game, Downhill Domination.

How I wish I hadn't sold that game back when. =[

MUnited83

For you.

From the developer of Action Henk. Man, it looks pretty cool and reminds me a lot of the fun memories I had with the PS2 game, Downhill Domination.

You can join their Discord and pick a team and you'll be selected for the beta.

Those random game packs are on sale at Greenman Gaming right now. Managed to get Tekken 7 and Overwatch (and a ton of junk)

Might be worth the risk for some people

zkylon

zkylewd
definitely not those

maybe i'm imagining it, i have this image of my head of a dude's body getting inked with tattooes as they were upgraded

now i'm thinking mark of the ninja but i can't remember

Far Cry 3, but I think there's a more interesting example. Like back covering tattoos.
There is that anime tattoo girls game.

anime tattoo girls? link me!

definitely not those

maybe i'm imagining it, i have this image of my head of a dude's body getting inked with tattoos as they were upgraded

now i'm thinking mark of the ninja but i can't remember

anime tattoo girls? link me!

I definitely have the feeling there is a third person action game where the MC gets inked as you go, but I don't recall other than Wei Shing and that was just cosmetic.

Tokyo Tattoo Girls is what I remember seeing announced in this thread. Zky, you should really watch the anime though.
I have no idea if there is an anime.

zkylon

zkylewd
I definitely have the feeling there is a third person action game where the MC gets inked as you go, but I don't recall other than Wei Shing and that was just cosmetic.

Tokyo Tattoo Girls is what I remember seeing announced in this thread. Zky, you should really watch the anime though.
I have no idea if there is an anime.

wishlisted

also why -__-

oipic

i think one of these days i'll have a bigger wishlist than games library

I hear you, zky - not so long ago, I set myself an arbitrary wishlist ceiling of 100 titles (which in itself I thought was a little crazy, particularly if the 'wishlist' was viewed as a 'buy this' list)... but it has blown out since then. 400 now. Still, I think I use it more as a 'bookmark interesting games to keep an eye on' list, more than anything else - stuff I want to follow, but not necessarily 'follow' in a Steam sense.

"When you're told to finish your business before going elsewhere, take heed. You likely won't be able to come back there later."

"Hmm, they're offering to take me elsewhere, but didn't tell me to finish my business first. This trip should be safe enough."

*lands in new area and starts failing multiple quests*

"Well shit. Time to load."

Cth

Reminds me of that MTBFreeride Downhill Mountain Bike Simulator indie game.

zkylon

zkylewd

looks like a good videogame

I hear you, zky - not so long ago, I set myself an arbitrary wishlist ceiling of 100 titles (which in itself I thought was a little crazy, particularly if the 'wishlist' was viewed as a 'buy this' list)... but it has blown out since then. 400 now. Still, I think I use it more as a 'bookmark interesting games to keep an eye on' list, more than anything else - stuff I want to follow, but not necessarily 'follow' in a Steam sense.
yeah basically i pile em on there without much care and then end up just buying whatever i feel like lol

Echoplx

How scary is The Evil Within? I loved RE4 (Played for the first time last year) but I've heard that TEW is much more tense and you're less of a badass.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
How scary is The Evil Within? I loved RE4 (Played for the first time last year) but I've heard that TEW is much more tense and you're less of a badass.

You can try the demo and get a feel for it. I haven't played the game, so I don't know if it's representative of the rest of it. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it gets scarier or anything though. I want to say I mostly remember people saying it got "manageable" if you picked the right upgrades.

zkylon

zkylewd
QYuTweP.jpg

played a little bit more of this god eater post-game or whatever it's called

game's kind of weird, i appreciate this being really light on story but the actual bits of story have been way more interesting than anything in the rest of the game so this is where i would actually want a little bit more

not a lot, certainly not a terrible cutscene every level, but you know, one cutscene every few levels wouldn't hurt much

game continues to be exactly the same as like 5000 hours ago but it's still a good podcast aid and i really only have a head for that kind of shit these days (and league, but you can't like not play league)

i wonder if that monster hunter game will be much better than this. i mean, as much as i like to hate on the story i appreciate it's there and idk if i would have the drive to keep playing if there wasn't a bit of a story motivation there, even if it's simple or bad lol. but if the gameplay is really good who knows, i mostly wish this game had more variety and a more sensible sense of progression. just having like levels or stats instead of all this instant skill and predator style and personal stats and upgrades and otehr nonsense would be much better to me, it just feels too crowded with bad, unsatisfying systems

but yeah, still going, more slowly tho, cos less free time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom