• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

I was kind of wondering if Valve would consider doing a PUBG game of their own. They see first hand how popular it is. And how big their own in-house game like that could be. Maybe they could release a F2P version (or dirt cheap) and push it with esports n shit like DOTA. It would blow up big I think. They could introduce a new Source engine with it too. All their other IPs are dead and never getting sequels so something like this could be a game they make.

Make everything a Battle Royale game so we never hear the end of this shit.

Do it GabeN

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I was kind of wondering if Valve would consider doing a PUBG game of their own. They see first hand how popular it is. And how big their own in-house game like that could be. Maybe they could release a F2P version (or dirt cheap) and push it with esports n shit like DOTA. It would blow up big I think. They could introduce a new Source engine with it too. All their other IPs are dead and never getting sequels so something like this could be a game they make.

Do it GabeN
They would usually just hire Playerunknown directly and have him make it for them as a Valve employee, and it looks like Bluehole beat them to the punch.

They would usually just hire Playerunknown directly and have him make it for them as a Valve employee, and it looks like Bluehole beat them to the punch.

And then they would add lots of hats (even more than there already are) and they would sparkle! This would add $500M/year revenue to Valve.

Appears to be new Bundle Stars
The Predator Bundle
$2.99 for:
Dead Effect 1 and 2
Blue Estate The Game
The Bug Butcher
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart
Neverending Nightmares
Doorways: Holy Mountains of Flesh
Shark Attack Deathmatch 2
Survivalist, Odallus: The Dark Call
STANDBY

Do it GabeN
For dead IPs, Counter Strike and DotA sure make a lot of money.

Damn, it looked so cool. Guess I'll grab it in a humble bundle a year from now.

The Predator Bundle
$2.99 for:
Dead Effect 1 and 2
Blue Estate The Game
The Bug Butcher
Neverending Nightmares
STANDBY

I don't know about the other games, but Odallus is worth playing.

Wok

Please, anyone, tell konjak to stop playing PUBG and release Iconoclasts.

ueL6zjm.png

The guy has finished his game, released a trailer, and now does whatever he wants... but seemed to have forgotten to push the "RELEASE" button.

soundtest

Banned
does anyone have issues with rumble and their steampads? it seems that anything past a slight rumble will completely shut down my controller. Kinda sucks if i have to return to a non-rumble life : /

Nabs

does anyone have issues with rumble and their steampads? it seems that anything past a slight rumble will completely shut down my controller. Kinda sucks if i have to return to a non-rumble life : /

Could your batteries be on the way out?

ueL6zjm.png

The guy has finished his game, released a trailer, and now does whatever he wants... but seemed to have forgotten to push the "RELEASE" button.

What if after you get chicken dinner 20 times in PUBG, it secretly unlocks Iconoclasts? That brand synergy.

ueL6zjm.png

He's on gaf, send a pm :")

The Predator Bundle
$2.99 for:
Dead Effect 1 and 2
Blue Estate The Game
The Bug Butcher
Neverending Nightmares
STANDBY

Decent bundle. The Bug Butcher is a fun arcade-like game if you happen to like Pang!/Buster Bros.

Karak

Thats mine thanks for posting it!
As for the game. It is just so damned repetitive in its level design, attacks, and so forth even within the first hour, and the horrid skill tree. Uhg. Buying 100 versions of basically +10 to health just feels weird on that skill tree. It looks like oh man there are going to be tons of things to do blah blah blah and then its sort of like. Nope.

Glad others liked it. I liked Jotun more than some so it was bound to happen and I love that Dev team.

Also its interesting as another person I was playing it with and I both agreed the game can be insanely easy due to how the level generation and enemy dynamic battles occur. Where you can basically sit right outside your shrine a room or two down and jump, leap, roll and let enemies appear and then kill them and rinse and repeat and level up. Since the skills are mostly just +1 or +10 to a passive it doesn't take long to become fairly high powered. Luckily I found this out after I was done with the review but he had figured it out in seconds and because of the largely passive number of upgrades the game has a very hard time catching up to you because there is no skill involved in those passives

Granjinha

ueL6zjm.png

he basically works 24 hrs a day (he's working to the point of getting sick), so yeah, he's not finished his game and hasn't forgotten anything

Vlad

Holy moly, The Witness keeps throwing content at you just when you think you're just about done with the game. Thankfully it's all been engaging enough that I'm not hitting that "oh for crying out loud, just end already" moment.

The Predator Bundle
$2.99 for:
Dead Effect 1 and 2
Blue Estate The Game
The Bug Butcher
Neverending Nightmares
STANDBY

I only want space rangers, but that's a good price for just that game. Wouldn't even redeem the rest of the bundle though. Already have odallus.

Last year you "only" needed level 1000 to get the statue. Say what you want about Valve but they know very well how to milk those wales.

You still get the replica Aegis at level 1000. What's new this year is the Roshan statue at level 2000.

I spent quite a bit of money to get to level 245 and I don't even play the game these days :\

Anteater

What the hell even is that RE4 thread. No tank controls? I don't even

yeah that thread is blowing my mind right now lol

i don't even care about the actual argument but the fact that half of the people think it's not tank controls, like walking into an alternate universe day, what the shit

Anteater

RE4 ain't tank controls because it's good

i remember dino crisis 1 allow you to walk and shoot (I think, it's been over a decade since I've played it)

i'll always praise it for that, shit was ahead of its time

edit: unfortunately that's all i remember about DC =o

Thanks to lashman for the heads up.

Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare Remastered can now be bought alone for the fair price of fourty do....

Hahahahahahah I couldn't finish my sentence with a straight face on.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I only want space rangers, but that's a good price for just that game. Wouldn't even redeem the rest of the bundle though. Already have odallus.

I dunno, besides Space Rangers and Odallus, Neverending Nightmares has always looked really good. Dead Effect 2 looks like it could be decent as well, but I fall below the minimum specs for that one so eh.

iosefe

Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare Remastered can now be bought alone for the fair price of fourty do....

ive already seen physical copies of this next to copies of infinite warfare

gabbo

I'll bet the original version is still $20 on Steam too isn't it?

Just got Titan Quest anniversary, anything I should know before I play it?

You could look up build ideas and push towards one, or you could wing it. I say wing it and go with what feels right.

The game had a late resurgence of people noticing it and if it wasn't for that, I'd say it's super underrated.

The early game setting is so cool to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom