• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus $100 w/ 1st Party Games Included for Free

HTK

Banned
Would this be a good move?

Keep regular PlayStation Plus at $59.99 and also offer PlayStation Plus at $99.99 w/ 1st Party Games included for Free, only valid if you have PS Plus.

It's super tight to create a thread and purposefully name it misleadingly so people click and expect something, but then don't get it.

Great job OP!

Kyry

Raise the price of a core service by 40 dollars and in turn give away hundreds of dollars in games a year? Am I reading the idea right? That sounds fiscally problematic for Sony.

Grinchy

Banned
That's an awful deal for Sony.

Why do people make these threads without even remotely thinking about the logistics of it.

I don't think it's that bad of a deal for Sony. Since it's a first party game, anyone buying that package would be putting $100 right into Sony's pockets. Sony doesn't charge itself a 30% store fee and they don't have to lose any money to retailers.

They might only get $40 or less when selling their games in stores, so bundling it with a year of PS+ for $100 isn't such a horrible proposition.

HTK

Banned
60+ Million consoles sold compared to 26 Million PS Plus subscribers, a lot of room for growth.

Kyry

I don't think it's that bad of a deal for Sony. Since it's a first party game, anyone buying that package would be putting $100 right into Sony's pockets. Sony doesn't charge itself a 30% store fee and they don't have to lose any money to retailers.

They might only get $40 or less when selling their games in stores, so bundling it with a year of PS+ for $100 isn't such a horrible proposition.

Compared to making even 40 dollars on a disc based first party title thats a bad deal.
Sony released like 10 first party game in 2017 alone.

I read that as ps+ and ONE first party game. Wondering why people were so appalled, then I actually read it....Yes, it's horrible, this idea.

Grinchy

Banned
Compared to making even 40 dollars on a disc based first party title thats a bad deal.
Sony released like 10 first party game in 2017 alone.

Why is that bad? That's still $40 on the game and $60 on Plus. And the consumer thinks they got a deal. Not to mention the majority of the people who signed up to Plus this way won't even know that auto renewals are on and they'll get fleeced for full price the next year.

edit - ohhhh wait I am reading the OP as saying that it would be $100 for a single first party game with a year of Plus. So like you buy TLoU2 for $100 and get a year of Plus. Yeah, it would be retarded to let people have all 1st party games for $100 per year.

Why is that bad? That's still $40 on the game and $60 on Plus. And the consumer thinks they got a deal. Not to mention the majority of the people who signed up to Plus this way won't even know that auto renewals are on and they'll get fleeced for full price the next year.

edit - ohhhh wait I am reading the OP as saying that it would be $100 for a single first party game with a year of Plus. So like you buy TLoU2 for $100 and get a year of Plus. Yeah, it would be retarded to let people have all 1st party games for $100 per year.
The OP suggests all first party titles should be free.

SmashTheState

Neo Member
Would this be a good move?

Keep regular PlayStation Plus at $59.99 and also offer PlayStation Plus at $99.99 w/ 1st Party Games included for Free, only valid if you have PS Plus.

One of the best ideas for losing money I've ever heard of. The only person who would possibly pitch an idea this bad for Sony would be phil spencer.

wipeout364

I’m sad that you’ll be leaving GAF once you get your offer of Sony PlayStation division president which I am sure is imminent.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I think it will be a better idea to increase the based PS plusprice

xviper

i have a better idea, offer Playstation Extra large plus for 300$ a year, which gives you all games on PSN store for free

Top Bottom