• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

famousmortimer: Xbox One OS and Xbox Live issues bouncing about as we approach launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
volcano-erupting-from-space-GIF.gif

Awesomely epic and yet terrifying gif.

But yeah, the idea it will take months to fix is a big flag being raised.

DeltaJay

Banned
Anyone besides myself think that news of bugs on a product before that product releases which could be easily fixed with any number of patches.. is no news at all?

jusufin

Jeez, MS cant catch a break. Since the reveal, Its been one thing after the next. Ridiculous, glad I decided to go PS4 first this gen.

I still can't get around how they have fucked it up THIS much. The whole thing. I know we've sought of seen this direction coming ever since we heard the word "Natal" but jesus flipping christ... this is a mess.

And what's worst, is that they would have been heading for an ever more catastropic disaster had we not put our foot down on the DRM shit (or maybe the backtrack caused some of this... I don't know).

One things for sure, I wasn't picking up an Xbone up on launch and I sure as fuck wouldn't now. Heck, I'm even glad I'm not getting a PS4 at the US launch date so they have a bit of headroom to fix whatever inevitable launch issues they have.

Console launches ladies and gentlemen :)

EDIT: To those saying this isn't a big deal, you do realise the only 'percieved' benefit of the Xbox One over the PS4 is its online? People I know are literally buying Xbone's over PS4's because 'the online is better'. This is f'ing huge, and if this bones up I am very confident they will jump ship, I'm nigh on convinced them already that the PS4 is a better option (which at this point, it is from purely a value propsect let's be honest). They will not stand for party problems I know them too well, he sold GTA5 because it didn't work for 3 days

Figured there were some major features causing problems but this just sounds like kinks that need to be worked out.

To be hhonest I was hoping this was some big news that would convince me to waot for next year. But this doesnt seem so ssurprising

Wizman23

Banned
I'm having a hard time believing this honestly, or that it's that bad at least. Mort's been desperate for attention and validation lately and it could lead to poor judgement on some of these source's reports.
Pretty much. It's like he is jealous of CBOAT and wants to break that one big story. It's actually quite embarrassing

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm having a hard time believing this honestly, or that it's that bad at least. Mort's been desperate for attention and validation lately and it could lead to poor judgement on some of these source's reports.

I have heard exact things that echo this and other devs sharing some opinions ranging from what's in the OP and the 3 OS's in HyperV-esque VM's that are not really necessary for a home console.

In short, MSFT does not have its act together.

There is no real downplaying of all the things accounting for the mess behind the scenes.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the system is going to be released in a month, but the first day patch can still go through the day before release I guess if they get to fix anything.

If people think this is nothing, then you might as well never say that MS has the best online experience in gaming, because this is taking the things that made the 360 great.

Well, this guy got the undeserved blog hits he was looking for.

I feel terrible for giving his blog a hit. Fuck me this is nothing.

Please do explain.

Orca

So this is the rumour he couldn't post here because he didn't have the sources to avoid a ban...so he posted in on his blog and it winds up here anyway. Genius.

ethomaz

Banned
I will shared my guess that I posted on twitter.

@atPeteDodd seems like the issue is because the hypervision... they have separated OS now... not a single master like 360... my guesses

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
What's worse to you, 720p games or broken XBL/Online play?

I find it strange that people are saying 720p is a bigger deal, when (if true) this XBL issue could take months to iron out and people are buying a XBO to play with their friends ONLINE.

unwound

Neo Member
“The system OS and network integration was written by a group of people who do not play games. They don’t understand why things were set up in the ways they were designed by J Allard back in ’05.”

The network issues are but a microcosm of the larger issue that essentially everything xbox related is run by people who fundamentally misunderstand games and gamers. That's really the root cause of PR disaster after PR disaster and unimpressive hardware.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
With each little thing, I more firmly believe that Microsoft just lost their way with the Xbox back in 2010 or so with the departure of Allard (and I'm sure others) along with the shit in focus to Kinect, casual, and Windows 8 direction.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I guess proelite has been desperate for attention and validation lately too.

Wait, so the big reveal is that there might be some software issues at launch? Well, no shit! The PS4 has already delayed some features and it wouldn't shock anyone if the One did the same. Plus, they literally have a month before launch to iron some of this crap out.

Bsigg12

That we don't know when it will be fixed. Why give them the benefit of the doubt that it will be all good Day 1? Do they deserve it as of now? If basic Live functionality, things that people are paying for, are fucked up and not working at or around launch that's not an issue?

I'm waiting 2 more weeks, once both the PS4 and Xbox One have been out in the wild. Once people have played with retail hardware and software, and hearing their experiences with it. I fully expect issues on both sides, and I give new hardware 6 months typically to really breathe. Like Stephen Totillo said in an article written by Kirk Hamilton, "Console releases are like waking up. You get up, stretch your legs, get some coffee and shower and get dressed. You aren't ready for work the moment you wake up" (he said something to that effect).

Skeff

Not as big of a deal as 720p CoD/BF4.

I'd disagree playing Cod at 720 is still playing CoD, this is kicking people from party chat and XBL and whatever else, if it's as bad as it seems, I would not expect a fluent online gaming experience, which will be game breaking for a lot of Fifa CoD bro's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom