• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YOSHINORI ONO is working on an "unreleased title PS4"

Dr. Kaos

Banned
It's Street Fighter 5. I know this because he retweeted a comment I made about him making SF5 for the PS4.

Please be SF5...

Hydrargyrus

This could be pretty good.

I would bet for Darkstalkers, bit even if he's not involved at all with Dragon's Dogma, please, be Dragon's Dogma 2!!

Shin

Banned
Maybe some game related to Chinese history for to appeal to the Chinese market?
We all know PlayStation is entering China soon, it wouldn't be too strange if they wanted to create a game for that specific market (especially with the millions of gamers the country has).

Could be far off, but who knows, interesting find nevertheless.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Hasn't Ono been hinting that they've been working on a new fighting game since last October?- https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/statuses/393257221284315136

If you look at all the videos for Ultra Street Fighter done on the Japan side of things, it's always Ayano... not Ono. Safe to assume Ono and a core team have been working on something new, while Ayano, Combofiend, and a smaller team were doing Ultra.

Your avatar. What the hell am I looking at?

Kalamari

I kinda doubt it's SF5, especially after the pay-to-win comments from the COO, why would he put Ono on the project if he's against going in that direction?

KoopaTheCasual

I'm genuinely confused here. Why is everyone posting their fantasy wishes here, when it seems like it would most realistically just be the Ultra port for PS4? Like, is there something I'm missing that invalidates Ultra? Because if not.... it's Ultra, and you guys should save your tears for another day.

RyoonZ

Banned
ONIMUSHA featuring RAIN

20080513_rainninja21.jpg

Salex_

I'm genuinely confused here. Why is everyone posting their fantasy wishes here, when it seems like it would most realistically just be the Ultra port for PS4? Like, is there something I'm missing that invalidates Ultra? Because if not.... it's Ultra, and you guys should save your tears for another day.

I highly doubt it's USF4. Why would he hide that in his LinkedIn under 201X? Judging by the information posted in this thread, it could be related to a game that he's working on with SCEJ.

Or it could be this
Hasn't Ono been hinting that they've been working on a new fighting game since last October?- https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/statuses/393257221284315136

If you look at all the videos for Ultra Street Fighter done on the Japan side of things, it's always Ayano... not Ono. Safe to assume Ono and a core team have been working on something new, while Ayano, Combofiend, and a smaller team were doing Ultra.

Or...both of these are the same project?

One thing to pay attention to is that PS4 is the only platform mentioned. If it was an existing Capcom IP, it would most likely be multiplat.

It's not SFIV. Xbox One already has a decent community with KI that would also be interested in Ultra. It makes absolutely no sense only porting Ultra to PS4.

In the event that it is SFIV... I won't be happy. I'm not buying another stick and will think twice about supporting Capcom in the future.

DRAGONS DOGMA 2!!!!!!!!!!

I can'y imagine how good a DD2 on PS4 would be especially if they improve some of the shortcomings of the first game. Such a fun game.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Maybe some game related to Chinese history for to appeal to the Chinese market?
We all know PlayStation is entering China soon, it wouldn't be too strange if they wanted to create a game for that specific market (especially with the millions of gamers the country has).

Could be far off, but who knows, interesting find nevertheless.

Capcom making another Dyanasty Warriors, I suppose.

Top Bottom