• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YOSHINORI ONO is working on an "unreleased title PS4"

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
wow and god damn. im pretty sure ono has hinted multiple times that he is working on a NEW fighting game for the FGC. come on people, we all know its a versus cause there is a pot of gold for capcom waiting for them when they announce it.

Salex_

Chaos Legion has a licensing problem which is why it would be difficult to get a Chaos Legion 2 even if Capcom wanted to make a sequel.
Ah. I just checked wiki and I didn't know it was based on a novel.
Back in February he traveled to China and Hong Kong to research for a "next game," together with "SCE Staff." This might be that game, which also mean that it could be set in China or have something to do with China.
Do you have a source about this? I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. SCEJ has been pretty active on these joint projects lately.
What other series has he been producer on?
ಠ_ಠ
The OP has all the information you'll ever need about Ono's career in this industry.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
guys, it says he is the producer for this title.... whos the executive producer?!?!?! if ryota niitsuma is, then all hell has broken loose and we have capcom fighting all stars on PS4.

yes to however said Capcom All-Stars.

cfas03.jpg

AWW YEAH SHADOW OF ROME 2 BABY

Edit: Wait, Didn't Ono actually produce SoR? I just came up with the first irrelevant Capcom game to come to mind, haha.

Coxy

Capcom vs Capcpom
Classic Megaman vs Fat unemployed megaman
Dante vs Donte
Amaterasu vs Japanese businessman
Breath of Fire vs mobile phone
Claire Redfield vs Roid Monster punching boulders at her

Coxy

Wonder why PS4 exclusive though. Must be a japanese focused IP or a F2P title. Maybe we'll find out at TGS.

sony are probably providing some sort of funding so it's probably something that couldnt be done without support, like Darkstalkers

Shin-Ra

Back in February he traveled to China and Hong Kong to research for a "next game," together with "SCE Staff." This might be that game, which also mean that it could be set in China or have something to do with China.
Shenmue III.

Takao

Banned

oh, so it's really mh online after all

Rival Schools has many mens.
Yes, yes it does. Some of my favorite video game "mens" in fact.

But would you believe that what first got me interested in the series was the female cast? Two of them in particular. (Tiffany & Kyoko) Their fighting style totally blew me away as a kid, I thought it was the coolest thing I ever saw. And I loved the way the game was presented with the various schools in an expansive, branching story. The idea of the different "teams" really resonated with me.

The appreciation of the dudes came a bit later. ;)

Top Bottom