• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One & PS4 size comparison photos

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I've seen it in the flesh, it's really not that big. Sony did some amazing stuff with the PS4 hardware design...let's see if it pays off once they start to ship...MS certainly weren't taking any chances.

Yeah, I think PS4 is just really small. Xbox One doesn't look THAT big in person.

gohanrage

I hope that isn't a real XBOX ONE cause Microsoft said stand the XBOX ONE on its side at your own risk. Its not meant to stand up. its meant to sit horizontal

Microsoft said you could damage the the BD-ROM

GYNGA

Poor little black controller
bth_lol.gif

Tenumi

Banned

Ah, yearning back to the days of recording TV with VHS tapes. Good times....

Wait, those times didn't go away, they just got better.

Never-the-less, PS4 is definitely smaller than I was expecting, at least based on the comparison pictures.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've got no intention of getting an Xbox One anytime soon, but I can't fault Microsoft for being extra safe with cooling precautions after what happened to the 360. It's too early to know what the failure rates are on either of these systems.

With that said, I do think the PS4 looks a hell of a lot cooler.

Curufinwe

I like how certain members of the media have been all "the XB1 really isn't as big as you think it is".

The large size doesn't matter to me, and neither does the external power brick. I would prefer it if the PS4 had an external power brick.

But why do these people lie to us? Especially when the lie is so obvious.

What about its bold eraser shape?

Meh. It's better than flat but it doesn't seem all that impressive to me aesthetically (the light on the console and controller are nice touches though).

What is impressive though - referring to an earlier post - is that it packs more power into a smaller case.

Hopefully the inevitable redesigns are a bit more interesting.

My biggest concern with the One is whether it has touch buttons again like the Slim. There's nothing more annoying than accidentally opening the disc tray.

Curufinwe

I hope that isn't a real XBOX ONE cause Microsoft said stand the XBOX ONE on its side at your own risk. Its not meant to stand up. its meant to sit horizontal

Microsoft said you could damage the the BD-ROM

You'd assume the machine was off and didn't have a disc in it at the time.

mattp

so am i the only one who notices that the left side of the ps4(the part that doesnt have rubber feet under it) slightly droops down?

i feel like over time that added bit a stress of the console isn't going to be good. i dont understand why sony didn't just put a foot under that side of the console. i'm definitely going to put a piece of something under there

Sapiens

Yeah, I think PS4 is just really small. Xbox One doesn't look THAT big in person.

Weird, I thought the ps4 kind of looked big in person wheni saw it today.

All these shots make the xbox seem even huger than I originally imagined.

Like some gaffer said before, it really demonstrates each companies strengths quite well.

Duxxy3

Wow

On the other hand if the PS4 overheats and the XB1 doesn't, then the size is justified. If it doesn't, then microsoft will come across as lazy.

Baby Milo

When I was at Target for the PS4 games on Tuesday they had an XB1 out. It was my first time really seeing one in person and I couldn't believe how massive it was. It literally did look like one of those old VCRs people had in the 90s.

saw it at target as well and I was like whoa. thing is big as hell.

bud

where's the side comparison? the ps4 looks fantastic and much better than the xbox, but i do think it's a bit longer than it.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If the PS4 has an external power supply and the Xbone did not, it would make sense.

But when the actual case is the opposite...

Omni

I mean, the X1 is big... But it's not that much bigger than an original 360. The blocky design really isn't doing it any favours in these pictures. (Plus the fact that the PS4 is really freakin' small).

Satchel

Banned
Now that Ives even the xbox One in person, those photos tell me the PS4 is really small. Because the xbox one doesn't look as big in person as it does in pictures.

I'm as surprised how small it seemed. Could just be the design. Black is very slimming.

REV 09

I like both designs. Kudos to Sony for getting it that small though....unless more reliability concerns come out.

frayne182

Banned
I've seen it in the flesh, it's really not that big. Sony did some amazing stuff with the PS4 hardware design...let's see if it pays off once they start to ship...MS certainly weren't taking any chances.

Good to hear. I think people should see if for themselves before judging how big it is.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I like both designs. Kudos to Sony for getting it that small though....unless more reliability concerns come out.

The power consumption data leaves me with little worry.

Danneee

I'd rather like to see the consoles compared to consoles I've owned. Now it's just one console is smaller than the other one...

Top Bottom