• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One & PS4 size comparison photos

VanWinkle

I've seen the Xbox One and PS4 in person and I think the easiest way to compare them is like this:

Xbox One is about the size of an original 360 and PS4 is roughly around the size of a Slim 360. I haven't actually measured them or anything but I think this will end up being fairly accurate.

XB1 is quite a bit bigger than the original 360.

Wow though.. in all seriousness

I remember an interview that went along the lines of the first thing the Japanese thought when they seen the original Xbox was that it was too big...

How big is this compared to the Original xbox?

Marvel

could never
If the PS4 was not rocking that sexy Rhombus slant it would be nearly identical to XB1's depth would it not? very clever.

At least the Xbox One will be quiet... I hope, or else the ridiculously larger size is a waste.

It's only like 2cm larger than the 360, right?

It is thinner than the original Xbox 360 and like a hair taller than the original 360 with the HDD in. Overall it's pretty much like the same size as the old Xbox 360 and slimmer than the old PS3.

People who say the Xbox One is "enormous" have obviously never seen it in person.

Can we get a comparison with the PS4 and the Xbone power brick?

here's the ps4's

5PtyXAR.jpg

tbm24

Having seen an Xbox One in person, people comparing it to a VCR really forgot how big VCRs used to be. It's pretty small honestly. It's footprint is small.

The Cowboy

The old comparisons (the mock ups) made the Xbox One look a bit bigger than the PS4, but good lord that looks huge compared to the PS4 (more so when you add the power brick on the Xbox One).

WOW.

yamo

Heat vents on the top is such a bad design. Sure it's good if you are only conserned about temperature, but at the same time it's perfect dust trap. Should imho only be used as a last resort if you can't solve heat problems any other way.

GetemMa

j8fsnSQ.jpg

the symbol of the 21st century was created here

dont even try to pin ms and sony's garbage designs on the rest of the tech world. Apple's console would eat these alive

LOL.

"Symbol of the 21st century"........LOL

Holy crap man, It's a piece of consumer electronics. Step outside the bubble for a day.

BTW: I agree, I bet Apple would create a great looking console....and it would cost $1000 at least which doesn't make them good designers, it makes them shameless.

IMO, a guy who can get the same thing out of a cheaper, smaller box is the better designer, not the guy who can spend the most money and charge the most at retail.

XB1 is quite a bit bigger than the original 360.

They're quite similar actually. XB1 is a little bit wider but beside that they take roughly the same amount of space on the shelf. I've seen the XB1 in person a couple times and it doesn't scream "HUGE!" when you see it. My DVR is bigger than the XB1 actually.

The PS4 is quite small, but doesn't blend as well in a living room setting IMO, the shape is a bit too wild for my taste. That's why I prefered the OG PS3 to the OG X360 this gen. Blends a lot better under the TV.

Lunchbox

Banned
LOL.

"Symbol of the 21st century"........LOL

Holy crap man, It's a piece of consumer electronics. Step outside the bubble for a day.

BTW: I agree, I bet Apple would create a great looking console....and it would cost $1000 at least which doesn't make them good designers, it makes them shameless.

IMO, a guy who can get the same thing out of a cheaper, smaller box is the better designer, not the guy who can spend the most money and charge the most at retail.
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/201...e-Sales-Top-Nine-Million-Sets-New-Record.html

step out of your bubble and into the real world. apple gives people what they crave and it drives their success. they create art not electronics

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I've been telling everyone for weeks they were going to be really surprised by the size difference after seeing them side by side. It's a HUGE difference. The Xbox One is very large.

Having seen and played a retail X1 myself, I must say that I was quite shocked when I saw it. It was actually a lot smaller in person than it appears in photos & video. That being said, after seeing these comparison photos, the PS4 must be very small indeed.

That XB1 is such an ugly design which just shows MS is not a hardware company. PS4 is like in another class, like Apple designed iPhone. Really classy looking and compact but yet more powerful. How they managed to even have no power brick is just amazing! Wish Sony PS would hire some great OS/UI/UX designers too.

That XB1 is such an ugly design which just shows MS is not a hardware company. PS4 is like in another class, like Apple designed iPhone. Really classy looking and compact but yet more powerful. How they managed to even have no power brick is just amazing! Wish Sony PS would hire some great OS/UI/UX designers too.

I think they purposefully designed it that big so that it would blend well with DVR's and such. PS4 is so small it would leave a lot of empty space on a shelf under the TV. Doesn't look too hot IMO.

kodecraft

I have never been a fan of both Sony and MS's hardware design. The Xbox, the 360 and now the XB1 all were huge to me. The XB1 is the size of an early 90's VCR.

At least 90's consoles were pretty small in size, Xbone looks like it sould be rack mountable like an amp

Actually the PS2 and PS3 both look like speaker amps to me.

genjiZERO

This might be obscure, but does anyone remember that joke article that came out years ago about how the original XBOX was the size of the second story of a house or something like that? I even think there was a fake picture that went with it. I always thought it was funny, but I've never been able to dig it up on the internet. If it helps, I think it was something I read linked off of Gaming-Intelligence Agency.

MCD

What is people obsession with an powerbrick size?

Not obsession but it's their 3rd console and the power brick is still not inside and it is still not universally rated in voltage or whatever.

Power bricks, extra wires, Kinect, charging cradles, charger for gamepad...all these things complicate matters and make things messy IMO.

I usually buy a PS console for the family because it's simple. Just a console, HDMI and power cable. Kids approved.

Another factor was region free but at least X1 is the same as well.

kodecraft

xbone genuinely looks worse than the original xbox.

what is the name of this "designer"
what was his "inspiration"

Obviously these tivo devices found in the home. That's what the XB1 looks like. Like its a Comcast Xbox or something.

Top Bottom