• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One & PS4 size comparison photos

TheKayle

Banned
j8fsnSQ.jpg

the symbol of the 21st century was created here

dont even try to pin ms and sony's garbage designs on the rest of the tech world. Apple's console would eat these alive

clearly i agree...
i like the xb1 design today squared. is the fashion of the designer...but is really big...cmon and i hate the power brick
i totally dont like the aerodynamic (wtf they was thinkin) design of the ps4 and that patterned plastic seem so cheap....and also the ds4 seem cheap material...must be that gray dont know ...just a feeling

and before you start im talking about design nothing else

if they do a white version of the xb1 the first year...ill drools

xbox-one-white.jpg

Having seen and played a retail X1 myself, I must say that I was quite shocked when I saw it. It was actually a lot smaller in person than it appears in photos & video. That being said, after seeing these comparison photos, the PS4 must be very small indeed.

I had the same reaction having seen it...it doesn't look anywhere as big in person as pics...not sure why that is.

Last Hope

Someone needs to make a picture of this thing on the flatbed transportation vehicle for the space shuttle.

With all the criticism they got for the size of the original, they tried their hardest to make the second one as small as possible. And now this monstrosity?

Just who the hell is running this division? Looks like the PS4 is about half the volume.

Goldmund

I really like how the Xbone looks. It's a bummer it's a bit "big-boned", yeah. The (hopefully smaller) re-designs will be great, I think the overall look has potential.

Arkam

I like how certain members of the media have been all "the XB1 really isn't as big as you think it is".

Have you seen one in person?
I have and its smaller than you think. Pretty much the same size as the launch 360.
The PS4 is just some kinda dark magic to be that sleek. (its very sexy)
While I do trust sony hardware it does worry me.
After the RRoD I am glad to see MS giving it some breathing room.

Going on the dimensions posted by XboxOneDev on Reddit I'm only going to have a millimeter or so to spare to fit the Xbox One into my furniture... I really hope it fits.

TheKayle

Banned
Have you seen one in person?
I have and its smaller than you think. Pretty much the same size as the launch 360.
The PS4 is just some kinda dark magic to be that sleek. (its very sexy)
While I do trust sony hardware it does worry me.
After the RRoD I am glad to see MS giving it some breathing room.

no cmon is the bigger console ever...

size23_jpg_0x0_q85.jpg

Qassim

I like the Xbox One design more - doesn't look as cheap. Hopefully that bigger case makes for a quieter, cooler system.

Microsoft taking no chances when it comes to hardware failure. Good for them.
They can get cute when they release the slim model. No one wants another launch disaster.

Borgia

Banned
The xbone is pretty massive and that's with a power brick. It still blows my mind how small the ps4 is and it still requires no power brick.

Mix

Honestly, I think it's amazing how the two complement each other as far as how good they could look in a living room together.

TheKayle

Banned
That's ok. You can prop up the PS4's one side with the $100 in small bills that you saved by not buying an Xbone.

ill no buy a ps4 for 8 months at least till when we will have some reasonable exclusive game to play...

ill wait to see the game review for the bbw xb1

but i really dont know the console designers wtf was thinkin when they dont add feets on that side

TomoK

Banned
I like the Xbox One design more - doesn't look as cheap. Hopefully that bigger case makes for a quieter, cooler system.
I thought I was the only one who preferred the Xbox One's design. I love both, but the Xbox One looks so clean, modern and simple. It'll sit perfectly beneath any television. I love everything about its design, except the size of it.

I think it's well worth the size if it's quiet, and cool.

VanWinkle

ill no buy a ps4 for 8 months at least till when we will have some reasonable exclusive game to play...

ill wait to see the game review for the bbw xb1

but i really dont know the console designers wtf was thinkin when they dont add feets on that side

When are you going to get an XB1?

Top Bottom