• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX coming to Switch

butman

The console seller that i've waited for. Damn!

I will finally know what is happening on the screen. Fuck off 240p.

Might give MH another go and jump in on this with my friends who are big into that series. Great to finally have an option for the television again!

BOOM

rPNCqww.gif

Alrus

But its the type of test game you'd actually want like RE4 on Wii or Splinter Cell, AC3 and Zombi U on Wii U. Its either a new IP or a popular one that people want to spend money on that is a fair test of the system's potential to move software. You don't want shit like what EA did to their sports line on Wii.

Oh it's a much better test game than a crappy SFII port for sure haha.

The Hermit

Its got a bonkers amount of content but from the comment above I'm not alone in finding it a bit easy. You won't find it easy if its your first one but the initial challenge was a big part of why I got into 3U in the first place

3U was hard? It was my first MH and I loved it (over 200hr) but it was a bit frustrating sometimes.

I hope I don't feel this is a step down

Boke1879

Guys. If I never played a MH game ever in my life can I get this one and fully enjoy it?

It's a series I've always wanted to get into but never really got into it. Definitely willing to jump in on the Switch.

True Fire

Ya'll doubted Capcom.

I mean, I still have very heavy doubts about Capcom that a last gen port will not erase.

Guys. If I never played a MH game ever in my life can I get this one and fully enjoy it?

It's a series I've always wanted to get into but never really got into it. Definitely willing to jump in on the Switch.

It'll probably play like a 3DS game, so it'll be clunky as hell. If you can accept that, then XX is a fine place to start.

heck

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Can't wait for 60fps (and upres'd 3DS textures and models lol if you think we'll be getting anything better) and playing monhun on a proper monitor with a proper controller

Great news. I was hoping for a new entrant of MH to Switch...but yeah well, it's Capcom. They are gonna milk it for all it's worth.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Wonder if it'll be a bare minimum port with ass textures locked at 30 FPS or if they'll do textures suited for 1080p and 60. Will probably get tho, couldn't be assed to get it on the 3DS because wew they looked really bad on the 3DS

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
3U was hard? It was my first MH and I loved it (over 200hr) but it was a bit frustrating sometimes.

I hope I don't feel this is a step down

Monsters before the endgame in Generations die pretty fast. I thought it was just my personal perception but a guy upthread agrees with me

jmizzal

Probably why Capcom USA has held off on saying anything

they were waiting for the switch version to be revealed so they could release both simultaneously

That sounds about right, whats the usual time frame from Japanese release til US release, it came out in March in Japan

Frimaire

It's an update to Monster Hunter Generations, which is already one of the most polished games in the series.

In fact, Generations' only real flaw was the fact that it was on 3DS, so...

Its got a bonkers amount of content but from the comment above I'm not alone in finding it a bit easy. You won't find it easy if its your first one but the initial challenge was a big part of why I got into 3U in the first place

The Monster Hunter games have, overall, only gotten better and better over time, in my opinion.

Thanks, I'll probably pick this up when it comes over here...

Top Bottom