• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Caddle

Check my shared replays out aurie is my gamertag. They also redid the lighting in foggy and rainy conditions, it looks phenomenal now. It look good on Xbox one s but it's on another level now.

Em3112

Neo Member
Trust me, they are 30FPS.

I play games at 144, 60 and 30 and this is 30.

When you start the replay you see the shift in fluidity.

frontieruk

What version was he playing on Xbox one or PC. I can tell the difference between the two versions on Xbox the replays or 60 fps.

As I said earlier replays are 30fps on PC unless the frame rate is locked in the options so I severely doubt the one x is doing something that isn’t standard on PC when they’ve basically matched the PC performance everywhere else

frontieruk

Like I said check it out on Xbox one x.
Dude I fucking have!!! want a photo of the fucking thing????

You have a bunch of people saying it's 30, you have DF and other sites saying it's 30 when the fuck are you going to give up???

I've even explained how the PC version has to be l forced to run replays at 60 but no my shiny new box (which I imagine most of the old community here upgraded to in a heart beat) Has to improve the replays fuck what everyone who has tested it with frame counters say.

Forzathon doesn't register completed challenges properly here. Some sort of delay. I need to do another race after a challenge before it works.

xrnzaaas

Forzathon doesn't register completed challenges properly here. Some sort of delay. I need to do another race after a challenge before it works.

Yeah the servers are slower this week, probably because the game got an influx of new players after the XONEX premiere.

Stop bickering and explain Forzathon to me!

Do I just have to complete the first of each challenge or all of them (5?) To get the reward?

Also how to beat Dan's drivatar in rivals, do I have to add him or some shit?

I just got pared up with Petran's and gave up after a lap.

frontieruk

Do I just have to complete the first of each challenge or all of them (5?) To get the reward?

Forzathon : complete each goal in the task to get the reward.

So for This is Forza Motorsport you need to :-

· Complete 5 laps at Maple Valley in a Classic Street Muscle division car

· Complete 5 laps in Dubai with a Track Toys division car

· Complete 5 laps at Mugello in a Forza Touring Cars division car

· Complete 5 laps at Prague in a GT Racing Reborn division car
Etc

I think it's under rivals / featured events / bounty hunter

Can I bicker again now?

xrnzaaas

They only provide info on what you must do. It's up to you how to complete them (with the current ones its best to mix freeplay races with autocross events from the career mode and some 1 easy rival event).

Gek54

Easier to just add Dan as a friend. His time isn't anywhere near Petran's.

Gek54

Oh, is he going to be attempting better times?

It looks like he is currently using every driving aid but autobraking.

It's a fun car in the raw and especially on that track, he is missing out on his own game in his own car.

Though I'm sure he has more important things to do like getting the awful Nordschleife bonnet cam shake BUG sorted for us.

xrnzaaas

Oh, is he going to be attempting better times?

It looks like he is currently using every driving aid but autobraking.

It's a fun car in the raw and especially on that track, he is missing out on his own game in his own car.

Though I'm sure he has more important things to do like getting the awful Nordschleife bonnet cam shake BUG sorted for us.

Well he has over 80k points on his Xbox account so I assume he's not that bad of player. That is if he's not sharing it with anyone. ;)

I think they have. Bought my first crate yesterday as I'd finally run out of mods and saw the 30k one. It was great value so went googling to see what I'd missed by not bothering with them and people are saying they've changed for the better. Good timing.

Drifting in the Forzathon?

No, no, no.

I think they have. Bought my first crate yesterday as I'd finally run out of mods and saw the 30k one. It was great value so went googling to see what I'd missed by not bothering with them and people are saying they've changed for the better. Good timing.

yeah the mixed ones appear to have disappeared too. There was a 70k one that included a car

Drifting in the Forzathon?

No, no, no.

I dont care about mods, or cars.......but I need that driver gear! I just want one outfit and I fear ill never get it :(.

Shit, the driver gear hasn't got me hooked. Yet!

Fucking bought my first crate today then about 50 more. Spent millions on mods. Running extra long races every time they're so worth it.

I see Leagues still isn't up. How did it work in F6?

A success, clean racing?

Senua

How is this on PC now?

A lot better, micro stuttering is still apparent but not as bad as it used to be, menu stutter is almost eliminated. I still hate the homologation system so I can't play career but enjoying making custom races on free race.

Also getting 90+fps at 1440p maxed with a full grid, feels real nice.

Mascot

A lot better, micro stuttering is still apparent but not as bad as it used to be, menu stutter is almost eliminated. I still hate the homologation system so I can't play career but enjoying making custom races on free race.

Also getting 90+fps at 1440p maxed with a full grid, feels real nice.

I don't like the sound of micro stuttering still being apparent. Stuff like that drives me nuts.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Well i got this game and gt sport.

I hope the lootbox shit is okish.
And i hope gt sport gets better.

50 for 2 seems ok imo.
Anyone got some hot takes and tips ?

Senua

I don't like the sound of micro stuttering still being apparent. Stuff like that drives me nuts.

I've had micro stuttering in every single Forza game on PC, and they are the only games I absolutely can't get rid of it, I'm thinking it's my old 3570k or 8gb DDR3.

I seem to remember you having a much better PC than me, maybe give the demo a go I think they updated that with the performance stuff.

amdb00mer

Holy poop. I came in to ask about the progression of the game and VIP to see if it has all been fixed as I was thinking of grabbing it in today's Black Friday sale. Instead, I find a fight over replays. :-D Anyways, back OT. How is the credit earning and natural progression since the updates?

amdb00mer

I've had micro stuttering in every single Forza game on PC, and they are the only games I absolutely can't get rid of it, I'm thinking it's my old 3570k or 8gb DDR3.

I seem to remember you having a much better PC than me, maybe give the demo a go I think they updated that with the performance stuff.

Have you updated Windows 10 to the creator update? I read somewhere it has all but eliminated the micro stutters for Forza 6 Apex, Forza Horizon 3, and Forza 7.

Bubba77

Holy poop. I came in to ask about the progression of the game and VIP to see if it has all been fixed as I was thinking of grabbing it in today's Black Friday sale. Instead, I find a fight over replays. :-D Anyways, back OT. How is the credit earning and natural progression since the updates?

Its fine to me. I havent bought any crates or used any mods yet. Great game. Especially on X and PC

Mascot

The demo ran great on my 6600k/980Ti combo actually so maybe I wouldn't have that problem. I keep forgetting I can't play FM7 in VR though, and the pCARS 2 demo somehow impressed me a lot more today than the full game did on release before I refunded it.

Gek54

Can't beat Dan. Cannot even nab the Ferrari.

Jeez I suck.

Edit: oh I forgot ForzaGAF died. Maybe I'm dead too. I...feel..so..cold.

He is going full Petran. The training wheels have come off. I now have less than a second lead.

Oh the event has completed. Just barely beat him. Whew!

It drives me nuts too, though I took a risk on this game with today's sale and it's honestly been pretty damn good. There's still some weird loading hiccups between races, though nothing like in the demo, but otherwise it's been much more stable FPS-wise than any previous Forza on PC. I think at worst I get occasional mid-race streaming hitches, but these are extremely rare.

However, there was one big exception. During my fourth race something happened that gave the game Forza Horizon 3 launch-level hitching, it was horrific. I'm not entirely sure why -- I did get a Windows message pop-up during the race, perhaps the game/Windows isn't smart enough to give the game full performance afterwards? But the race itself was far more conservative than the previous (and flawless) races, being on a small track with no weather and low speeds, so it was definitely some kind of bug. Hopefully it was just a one-time thing. After restarting the game everything since has been fine. So it might be worth a try for you, I hear MS is good with refunds.

Only real problem otherwise I'm having right now is no Forza loyalty rewards, which I always love getting. Presumably those will unlock once their pokey Forza servers figure out I own the game.

Top Bottom