• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Piven passes polygraph test over groping accusations

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Polygraph tests are complete bullshit and there's absolutely no reason to ever take one. It's pseudoscience trash used to mine for more information. The only result that people will find any meaning in is guilty. You won't get out of jail because you passed the test, people will say that you simply learned how to trick the test and therefor the results are invalid. Do yourself a favor and never take one for any serious reasons.

To be fair, it's a little more balanced than the 50 odd pages of "holy shit" or lynch mob mentality against anything that wasn't hyper-progessive.

100%

Those goddam threads was people trying to outdo each others outrage.

"Polygraphs arent reliable, but interesting none the less"
"What this is bullshit, you cant trust polygraphs"
"Polygraphs are ALWAYS wrong this guy clearly is in the wrong"
"This man is definitely guilty, probably did even worse stuff"
"This is fucking horrible we even give him a chance to be innocent! We should stop him right now"
"This man is a fucking serial rapist and deserves to be executed! How dare anyone defend this!!!!!!!"

"Maybe they should run this through the judicial systems first and we shouldn't act so hastily..." (BANNED)

Aintitcool

Banned
I don't understand how polygraphs hold any kind of credibility these days.

People who are not used to lying can be very noticable on such a test. but anybody who has learned to be straightfaces and knows whats coming to him can probably create not enough evidence to say weather its a lie or not.

Jeremy Piven being a great actor makes me guess that he very likely would be one of the people who could pass a test like this.

In 2007, ten years ago, Radar Online wrote a feature on "toxic bachelors"

https://twitter.com/ckloote/status/933538606580453376

https://twitter.com/harrysiegel/status/932790056447823872

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/932760842533138432

The list included:

-Joe Francis
-Jeffrey Epstein
-Kevin Spacey
-Charlie Rose
-Jeremy Piven

That is NOT good company to keep, and a polygraph does very little to argue for him. Well practiced liars, pathological/habitual liars, and sociopaths defeat them easily.

Guilty until proven innocent.
This isn't a trial and no one is arresting him and sentencing him here. At some point in life you will learn that there are times when you will have to exercise judgment that does not and cannot meet a "beyond the shadow of a doubt" standard.

Would you say the same about a female accuser in the same profession?
Guess what, an accuser passing a polygraph means very little as well.

Portugeezer

ONkFg8s.png

According to her tweet that started all this. He sent her text messages.
He flat out denied it under the polygraph test.

That's actually the one thing that has the potential to be any kind of evidence to backup one side of the story.

And he completely denied it. That would seem to me to be a pretty stupid denial, if he knows he really sent those text messages to her. She could easily refute it with proof.

I feel she should now release the text messages if she's telling the truth.
Let me guess they have been deleted.

Top Bottom