• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party: The Top 100 announced

mrmickfran

56 out of 100 confirmed:

DJpMiEZUIAE3lsq.jpg:large

Source: https://twitter.com/PixlPlume/status/908122448515788800

Researched by PixlPlume and SlimKirby (known for Mario Party playthroughs on YouTube). They can pretty much recognize any minigame with almost only one pixel available, so yeah.
SNOW WHIRLLED YASS

Complaints about wanting it on the Switch aren't about not owning a 3DS. It's about a fundamental shift in what the game offers. On the Switch, it's a party game with friends and family. On the 3DS, for the majority of us whose friends/family won't be whipping out their 3DS with Mario Party on it, it's just a batch of minigames against AI opponents.

Which is why the decision to put it on the 3DS only is so bizarre.

Yukinari

The excuses about install base should be thrown out the window when it comes to constantly making 3DS entries of MP. Its a waste of time to put a local multiplayer series on a handheld this old.

How hard is it to just make a console compilation game with the best of every board, item, minigame and character voted by fans?

"Rakin' Em' In" from 2 better be on this.

I know it's been said, but this really is a missed opportunity for a full-fledged "best of" game with past boards and everything.

tribal24

Banned
Complaints about wanting it on the Switch aren't about not owning a 3DS. It's about a fundamental shift in what the game offers. On the Switch, it's a party game with friends and family. On the 3DS, for the majority of us whose friends/family won't be whipping out their 3DS with Mario Party on it, it's just a batch of minigames against AI opponents.

Which is why the decision to put it on the 3DS only is so bizarre.

exactly Nintendo keeps pulling this, this would have been perfect for the Switch.

DodoZozo

Neo Member
If I had to pick one minigame from each game that's not yet confirmed for this:

1. Buried Treasure
2. Speed Hockey
3. All Fired Up
4. Team Treasure Trek
5. Mario Mechs (I want a lot from this game...)
6. Note to Self
7. Gimme a Brake
8. Mosh-Pit Playroom
9. Manor of Escape
10. Balance Ball Brawl

If this has at least a few boards then I'll happily get this. Me and my brother will remember most of these from our youth, so it should be a decent time. But, if it doesn't have any of the board game stuff, I'll pass.

Not like this Nintendo. Not like this.

We needed remakes of boards as well, and the classic Mario Party gameplay. And especially, for it to be on a system that support local TV multiplayer!

Updated list:

DJpnIhZU8AA7u0E.jpg

I wonder if it'll be 10 from each game. The DS/3DS Mario Parties should've also been included, though. :<

Hot take: Bumper Balls sucks. It always goes to a draw.

Alchemy

Online and on Switch I would have bought this day 1 but 3DS? I don't really need offline party games on that system especially at this point.

NolbertoS

I'll buy it for 3DS, but knowing Nintendo they'll port this game 1 years time so they can say Switch getting Mario Party love. Slowly some 3DS games will make Switch debuts, I'm betting

Sloane

Banned
I'll never understand the appeal of playing Mario Party, a game that virtually requires local multiplayer to be fun, on a DS or 3DS.

This is really cool and I'm not worried about it not being on Switch. I think Nintendo is working on some better true classic Mario Party game for Switch.

NolbertoS

I'll never understand the appeal of playing Mario Party, a game that virtually requires local multiplayer to be fun, on a DS or 3DS.

The appeal is the minigames that can whacky but fun tonolay. Once Mario Party became like Monopoly, the fun factor increased significantly. I was also skeptical on why people loved this series but my ex and some friends made me realize how fun a local multiplayer party can be

El Odio

Banned
Updated list:

DJpnIhZU8AA7u0E.jpg

I wonder if it'll be 10 from each game. The DS/3DS Mario Parties should've also been included, though. :<

Hot take: Bumper Balls sucks. It always goes to a draw.
MECHA-MARATHON??? How can that honestly make an official top 100 list? Replace that with Move to the Music or something.

ramparter

Banned
Does anybody want the boards at this point?
Actually I can't believe they're squeezing out one more Mario Party game.
I have played very few MP games but I can for say I want the boards of tbe first game. Pretty basic not many stuff going on, turns didnt take long so you would spend a lot of time on mini games. But no board at all? I dont see the point :/

J@hranimo

Banned
This is something I wanted a few years ago when me and my friends were still actively playing our 3DSes.

But now it's like...too late for me. It's still a great idea and hope they do have minigame boards as well.

scamander

Banned
Why exactly is everyone jumping to conclusions about the boards? They didn't show them yet, that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Ever heard of Download Play?

HotHamBoy

mario-party-advance-eu-gba.jpg

Remember this useless garbage?

Ever heard of Download Play?

Okay, here's the thing. In 2018+ not a lot of people are going to be carrying their 3DS around for spontaneous bouts of Mario Party and if you are at a friend's house who likes Mario Party, or you have friends over who like Mario Party, you probably have a console with a Mario Party game already. No need for everyone to bring their 3DS, if they even have one.

Local-MP-only 3DS games don't really make much sense at this point in the system's life (and honestly never did, I am the only person of all of my friends who has a 3DS).

But Nintendo keeps doing this. Mario Maker, ugh. Those eShop Kirby games, etc.

I feel like for this, it should've been Switch. Would've been a neat party game the Switch kinda lacks, plus top 100 is a damn cool concept. Sad they wasted it on a 3DS game honestly. I'd be all on this if I actually had friends with 3DS consoles.

Like everyone else said

WHY on earth is this 3ds and not switch.

I feel like Nintendo always comes up with crap decisions lile this. Like how hard can it actually be .....

Holding my thumbs

Top Bottom