• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Gizuko

I kind of want to uncap Quattre, but his RNG BS is a huge turn off.

Also, making GW dagger useless while he's in party is also a bit... I mean, if you max upgrade a weapon with it's element matching it's GW character's (i.e: water dagger for Quattre), you clearly mean to use that weapon in that element's grid.

His new ougi makes water SS an even more attractive setup, which is good, but I probably would have max upgraded my wind dagger, had I known.

Might use my current Damascus to 4* xeno ifrit's axe down the line, and the new one in the shop to 5* six after I get him.

MrCinos

I fully uncapped dominion harp and dark flame scion summon from the event, but I also have spares (2 harps and 3 scions). Do I just reduce them or is it better to get more copies of them later to fully uncap them 2nd time? Same thing with other SR light weapons from the event.

Managed to get Rank 52.5, 3 mil of honors and all the medals by this time and I think I've got enough from the event.

I fully uncapped dominion harp and dark flame scion summon from the event, but I also have spares (2 harps and 3 scions). Do I just reduce them or is it better to get more copies of them later to fully uncap them 2nd time? Same thing with other light weapons.

Managed to get Rank 52.5, 3 mil of honors and all the medals by this time and I think I've got enough from the event.

Use the harps as skill level fodder, save the summons unless you are rolling in rupies.

TUSR

Banned
Thanks for the advice ! Yeah D. Jeanne seems pretty up there, she's labeled as "attacker" but apparently fills in great with support. My only dark SSR is Lady Grey which is apparently "ok but not all that" à la Vaseraga, so I'm really hurting for more dark SSRs. Which is mean to all the potential good dark SRs I have but heh, everyone knows that ultimately SSR is where it's at (so shallow ! :p )

D.Jeanne just does so much damage, and she has an incredible buff you get rolling and just make her auto things to death.

While Naru and others don't require much work to figure out, DJeanne will carry your ass through a lot of content. There has been some later game content where i've only completed because of her third skill. Her defense down Skill 1, also stacks with mist.

Strimei

It was mentioned a page or two back, but you can now obtain Seraphic weapons from the store (go under the weapon one, the one that includes the Bahamut weapons and so on). You get the initial stage free and then upgrade them.

Sorry Dark/Light players, none for you. Just Fire/Earth/Water/Wind.

The weapon's skill is a boost of its corresponding element's damage against the element its strong against (i.e. the wind one, Ring of Raphael (its a bow), boosts wind damage against earth). You get one of the upgrade materials from the fight against the archangel that's associated with it (and I think you can only do that fight twice a day).

Unrelated, but any advice about fighting Akasha?

I was surprised that I can use my light team against them even with the Non-weak elemental damage reduction. Of course the fight still took 20ish minutes. Most annoying is there intense debuff resistance and for Michael, burn is extremely annoying. Even with 3 clear users, I still end up going turns burned.

captainpat

god this magfest is going like shit for me. I've only got 3 ygg swords. Can not wait until xeno Vohu. Gonna puts as many harps as I can in my earth so I don't have to deal with ygg's bullshit

I finally got a good magfest going myself. Three Levi daggers, finally my first colosso cane, and one each of tia gun, ygg sword, and Celeste axe. Plus a lumina harp filler.

Also got a bunch of pendants burning a hole in my pocket. There were some rumors that maybe there would be new things to exchange them for, but I guess that didn't pan out since both the primary weapons and rose queen weapons are treasure trade?

Verelios

This event really killed me. Twice I got the Dropbox to less than 20 items before getting Baha, the first one was literally 5 items and Baha left when I drew it. No one should be so unlucky.

Meanwhile I had two bahas from tokens and honor and I drew bahas from the first few pulls of each box but I still had to completely empty the second box searching for a champion merit.

Juliet or Ferry.

Ferry gives you huge buffs if you live long enough to activate and use them. Juliet buffs your entire team and helps a weaker character stay alive. Ultimately you want both for now.

Ferry is a fine choice if you are comfortable managing the charge bar. Juliet should be much easier to use though since you won't need to put clear on the main character, she will also offer Lucio's weaknesses to dark damage and you won't have to worry about your characters building charge bars out of sync with each other.

MSMrRound

What do you mean by using them as skill level fodder? Do I just put the in my grid for skill boost even though their stats might not be the best?

You use fodder as sacrifices to increase your weapon level.

At the start it's fine to use some SR weapons, but you will want to eventually upgrade to SSR tier weapons.

By skill fodder they mean something like

to get a SSR weapon (with skill level 1) to the next skill level 2, you need to use 2 SR weapons to increase it to the next level.

Examples of the type of materials that you can use are explained here in a very clear format:

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/595/weapon-summon-optimisation-progression (look at the Leveling Weapon Skills section)

if you notice there's a SSR (2) written as skill fodder material, it only mean that you need to use an item with a skill level of at least 2.

They made it pretty foolproof though, just before you confirm if you want to upgrade your weapon, you can see the % chance of increasing the skill level of your weapon to the next level. If it's 100% it's good to go. Others like 86% and what's not mean there's a chance of failure, which means your skill fodder material will go to waste.

Also, DON'T EVER EVER use your gacha weapons as skill fodder. You got extra ones that you want to get rid of? Reduce them for weapon stones instead. Gacha weapons give a cool number of 200, while your standard event/manga drops only give 20 (and which is why they are used as fodder instead if a SSR weapon is required).

I did that mistake before^ so just letting you know.

3Kaze

Xeno showdowns were mistakes, they're nothing but trash. I made a shitty wind pool and can barely beat extreme. Good thing we can leech raids at least.

no, not the bars

it's the crystals that are needed for 5* (the mats you need 10 of to trade for the bar)

I heard you needed the damascus grains, so it would be even worse than both the crystals and bars if true lol.

I just realised angel halo is open all the time now, so I can farm for weapon/summon exp and rusted weapons to my heart's content. Kill me now.

omg even in the throes of despair and emo D. Jeanne is too adorable
"I must seal these poisonous children for the sake of the wooorllld!!!"
*concocts evil plan involving picnics*

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Sorry, I've never done that one. Anything special about the encounter or is it just enemy waves?

It's a battle with 2 enemies with just Tyre and some other nerd I forget the name of & don't wanna spend 10 AP to check.

I actually raised his level up twice just to do this and still can't lol.

Got my first Ygg drop today. Brings a tear to my eye... Or it would if it had been the sabre, but of course it was the staff. At least it wasn't the dagger. I don't know much about managing enmity builds so I'm also glad it wasn't the bow.

Uthred

If I have Amira and Ferry would I be better going with Juliet or Jeanne? (Or decide to finally get a water SSR and grab Altair) I hate surprise tickets, its like Sophie's choice, only about something that doesnt matter at all ;)

MrCinos

Thanks, now I feel bad mindlessly using 20 weapons in one go to lvl up weapons.
---

Also, what's the best way method to farm fire High Orbs? Should I wait for Scarlet trial and grind it 1-2 times a week when it's available while spending AP in other days for Angel Halo to grind common orbs and exhange 30 for 3 high orbs in the shop daily?
I need 35 more to uncap Magisa for the last time and I'd like to get them as soon as possible.

Strimei

I remember being pretty disappointed when I rolled Carmelina. Not any more, she's the mvp in this event.

She was one of my first ssrs, I think, and I've always been content with her on my team, though I realized she wasn't super useful (but when you don't put any money in, you work with what you get). I'm so happy with the buffs she got.

Somewhat related, man Akasha took me a while to whittle down.

Thanks, now I feel bad mindlessly using 20 weapons in one go to lvl up weapons.
---

Also, what's the best way method to farm fire High Orbs? Should I wait for Scarlet trial and grind it 1-2 times a week when it's available while spending AP in other days for Angel Halo to grind common orbs and exhange 30 for 3 high orbs in the shop daily?
I need 35 more to uncap Magisa for the last time and I'd like to get them as soon as possible.

Reduce SR/SSR fire weapons.

MrCinos

Reduce SR/SSR fire weapons.
Which is problematic since I don't know what can I reduce safely as something might come in handy later if I get a 2nd/3rd copy of it. I am planning to go fire route, at least until I get more good SSR characters of other elements.

Do I just leave the best weapon for each class of the weapon and reduce the rest?

Ala Alba

Is there any active GAF crew that has room for a rank 79 player? The GAF crew I joined last year is pretty dead (so dead that I was automatically made captain).

Ultimadrago

Is there any active GAF crew that has room for a rank 79 player? The GAF crew I joined last year is pretty dead (so dead that I was automatically made captain).

Yep! Trick Room still has space. We're more on the casual side though, so the expectations largely range from donating to funds when you can and giving backup to fellow members when possible.

If you mean more 'Prepare for every Guild Wars' Active, then you may want to check if Cypher or the other one in Discord has room.

Ala Alba

Yep! Trick Room still has space. We're more on the casual side though, so the expectations largely range from donating to funds when you can and giving backup to fellow members when possible.

If you mean more Hardcore Active, then you may want to check with Cypher or the other one in Discord.

As long as people play and there are buffs up, that's good enough for me.

Do I need to leave my current crew before joining a new one?

Falk

that puzzling face
dlNT9OQ.png

disadvantage element farming

Top Bottom