• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Top 5 favorite Bat family members!

1. Dick Grayson
2. Tim Drake (primarily as Robin, but his stint as Red Robin in Detective was rockin', but I haven't read him as RR in anything else)
3. Cassandra Cain
4. Kate Kane (more recently due to Detective, but still)
5. Barbara Gordon (primarily as Oracle)

Honorable mention: Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
0. Alfred
.5. Selina
1. Cassandra Cain
1.5 Dick
2. Tim
3. Steph
4. Barbara (lowest lows really screw her over)
5. Kate Kane (thanks to Detective)

Can't rank technically
Helena Wayne
Jason
Zatanna
Harper
Damian
Bertinelli

Dalek

1. Alfred
2. Dick
3. Damien
4. Tim
5. Barbara

Alfred will always be number one.

Whoever recommended me Ultimate Spider-Man: thank you very much dude.
I just got to MJ breaking up with Peter, sad :(

It's so amazing to finally read comics since they barely exist here. I currently have Marvel Unlimited so any Marvel comics y'all recommend? I need some variety so I don't burn out on Spidey :D

If you've never read anything I'm kind of overwhelmed because it's hard to recommend Marvel if you're just starting. I would normally recommend Uncanny X-Force but I think you'd have more of an appreciation for that if you had a surface knowledge of X-Men history over the past 25 years or so.

How about Hawkeye by Matt Fraction? It's self contained and fairly short. We love it around here.

Then after that if you want to start digging into some big work-you could dive into the deep end and read Inifinity Gauntlet. That was one of the first books I read when I was a kid -there's a lot of characters and it's from 1991 but it's so crazy and epic you can't help but love it.

After that I might recommend Grant Morrison's New X-Men followed up by Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.

BaasRed

Banned
1. Alfred
2. Dick
3. Damien
4. Tim
5. Barbara

Alfred will always be number one.

If you've never read anything I'm kind of overwhelmed because it's hard to recommend Marvel if you're just starting. I would normally recommend Uncanny X-Force but I think you'd have more of an appreciation for that if you had a surface knowledge of X-Men history over the past 25 years or so.

How about Hawkeye by Matt Fraction? It's self contained and fairly short. We love it around here.

Then after that if you want to start digging into some big work-you could dive into the deep end and read Inifinity Gauntlet. That was one of the first books I read when I was a kid -there's a lot of characters and it's from 1991 but it's so crazy and epic you can't help but love it.

After that I might recommend Grant Morrison's New X-Men followed up by Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.
Thanks for the recommendations :D I screenshot your post. Any more small self contained stories like the one of Hawkeye you mentioned? I appreciate any feedback :)

Dalek

Thanks for the recommendations :D I screenshot your post. Any more small self contained stories like the one of Hawkeye you mentioned? I appreciate any feedback :)

Jason Aaron is the currrent writer on Thor and it's amazing and you can start thatmoff pretty much without proper knowledge of Thor. This is the reading order that I found-although you can skip the gwenpool and avengers ones:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/vertig...ding-order-for-female-thor/amp/?client=safari

I go for reading order here because Marvel has a tendency to start their series over at #1 every few years and it makes it tough to read a series straight through on Unlimited.

OmegaX

1. Alfred
2. Damian & Dick (working together as a duo)
3. Jim Gordon
4. Barbara
5. Kate Kane
999. Tim Drake (seriously, he can get fucked for all I care)

Honorable mention: Terry McGinnis and Selina

Whoever recommended me Ultimate Spider-Man: thank you very much dude.
I just got to MJ breaking up with Peter, sad :(

It's so amazing to finally read comics since they barely exist here. I currently have Marvel Unlimited so any Marvel comics y'all recommend? I need some variety so I don't burn out on Spidey :D

Like already posted, Hawkeye by Matt Fraction is a perfect book for someone like you. It's relatively short and self-contained and easily one of the best runs they've put out. I can't recommend it enough. Fantastic art and strong writing.

Beyond that, some other self-contained series worth looking into:
Daredevil - Pretty much everything is good, but for something more recent you can start with Waid's run which began in 2011. If you want more, you can always go back and read the runs by Miller, Bendis, and Brubaker.

The Superior Foes of Spider-Man - Another short and self-contained story. It's a comedy focused on some of Spider-Man's villains. It's very funny.

The Vision by Tom King - Brief 12 issue series focusing on The Vision and his newly created family. It's very well written and engaging.

I'd also recommend The Immortal Iron Fist, X-Force #116-129 and then X-Statix #1-26. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl too. I know some people don't care for the art, but it's a great comic.

Dalek

Like already posted, Hawkeye by Matt Fraction is a perfect book for someone like you. It's relatively short and self-contained and easily one of the best runs they've put out. I can't recommend it enough. Fantastic art and strong writing.

Beyond that, some other self-contained series worth looking into:
Daredevil - Pretty much everything is good, but for something more recent you can start with Waid's run which began in 2011. If you want more, you can always go back and read the runs by Miller, Bendis, and Brubaker.

The Superior Foes of Spider-Man - Another short and self-contained story. It's a comedy focused on some of Spider-Man's villains. It's very funny.

The Vision by Tom King - Brief 12 issue series focusing on The Vision and his newly created family. It's very well written and engaging.

I'd also recommend The Immortal Iron Fist, X-Force #116-129 and then X-Statix #1-26. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl too. I know some people don't care for the art, but it's a great comic.

Good choices especially Squirrel Girl. If it clicks with you, it's phenomenal.

Yeah, felt so much better. Next meeting in a week.

God, that I2 trailer. I'm going to be consumed by this game.

"That's the problem with fighting for truth and justice, the battle never ends."

XS5LK.gif

Thinking about getting Batgirl Rebirth, what some peoples opinion of it so far?

Also, I forgot who said it, but they were right about the She-Hulk comic. It's been such a tease, and it's even worse since it's only a monthly title.

Also, I forgot who said it, but they were right about the She-Hulk comic. It's been such a tease, and it's even worse since it's only a monthly title.

I gave up around issue 4 as I thought it was pretty bad. Barbara seemed like a complete dumbass and the story was pretty pointless.

I dropped Batgirl after issue 6 aka Rafa's last issue. His art was keeping me interested in it for a while. The whole Burnside vibe is getting stale.

Ross61

Seems to be turning around as soon as she went back to Burnside.

That would be badass if he wasn't saying that to Bane who would break his damn back.
It's Dick at the top of his game. It's not just talk. Win or lose, he will fight them, and he's playing for keeps. That's what makes it badass to me.
I never got why Hawkeye poses became a thing. Look at that second page, ffs. That is downright gratuitous.

It's not even sexy

His butt has a beak
Dick's ass will not be censored!

I rank Alfred at Zero because without him there really isn't much of a Batman or Batfamily.
Alfred is so essential he is basically a default.
By that logic, Bruce should be on the list as well. It's like saying that you have to put the first Super Mario on a list of top five favorite Super Mario games because technically no other Marios would exist without it.
Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine
1. Alfred
2. Damian & Dick (working together as a duo)
3. Jim Gordon
4. Barbara
5. Kate Kane
999. Tim Drake (seriously, he can get fucked for all I care)

Honorable mention: Terry McGinnis and Selina
Damn, the hate is real.

Also sad I forgot about Terry. Sadness unto myself.

shingi70

Banned

First arc was forgettable, but I like the first issue of back.to Burnside.

Tim Drake is the worst batman member.

Looks like we were correct in guessing who "Clark Kent" is.
Who else would scream "You ruined my life! You ruined everything!" in the middle of the night right outside the Kent's home.

First arc was forgettable, but I like the first issue of back.to Burnside.

Tim Drake is the worst batman member.

Seems to be turning around as soon as she went back to Burnside.

I dropped Batgirl after issue 6 aka Rafa's last issue. His art was keeping me interested in it for a while. The whole Burnside vibe is getting stale.

I gave up around issue 4 as I thought it was pretty bad. Barbara seemed like a complete dumbass and the story was pretty pointless.

Hmm guess, I might just pick up the most recent arc then.

Dalek

Looks like we were correct in guessing who "Clark Kent" is.
Who else would scream "You ruined my life! You ruined everything!" in the middle of the night right outside the Kent's home.

So who do you think it is?

Superboy Prime
right?

Messi

glad you didn't. O'Mailey doesn't deserve the support till he comes with a way to tie plot holes in his own book.

For me the story comes second when buying art. But I understand it's frustrating.

That said. I've never read Xstatix or Dead Girl. I have no idea what is happening in my page or if it's good. But I love dragotta and Allred so I had to jump at the chance. I hope I didn't get a shit page :/

Top Bottom