• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

The Old Guard will hopefully improve over the next few issues, as there really isn't anything special going on in its debut

Yeah, I was really surprised at how underwhelming it was. There just wasn't anything there to grab on to. Even the conversations and moments where you have main character interacting it just seemed so pointless and superfluous.

She's a real Mr. Poopey Butthole type to me. Like suddenly she's there and people are like, "Oh good, America Chavez is around, we've had so many fun adventures, I'm glad you are here now as you've been here for always." and I'm like "wait, who?" and then spider man is like "haha, remember when I had a crush on you in high school when I didn't realize you were gay?" and I'm like "wait, when?" and Iron Man is like "haha, America, you've always been my favorite protegee!" and I'm like "wait, really?" and Captain America is all like "Boy America, remember how we were frozen in the ice for so long after we punched hitler together" and I'm like "wait, what?".

I'm less confused by the sentient singularity girl than I am by America Chavez.
O_______O

mreddie

Iron Fist preivew

C5YK0qcWEAUl0ov.jpg

Better than Living Weapon I guess.

Owzers

Reading the last Pleasant Hill issue is so weird, Cap's line: " I look around, and to be honest- I'm not sure what i see anymore. Feels like we've spent so long at each other's throats- splintering, fighting amongst ourselves- letting our differences tear us apart. it's made us weaker- " etc etc etc.

Knowing Civil War 2 is next and Cap is a Nazi or whatever.

Seriously comics, you're going to do this?

mreddie

Reading the last Pleasant Hill issue is so weird, Cap's line: " I look around, and to be honest- I'm not sure what i see anymore. Feels like we've spent so long at each other's throats- splintering, fighting amongst ourselves- letting our differences tear us apart. it's made us weaker- " etc etc etc.

Spencer didn't write CW2 and wasn't planning on it. I feel he did do that for the full year build of being a face heel.

Owzers

But...wrestling is terrible too :/

I'm two weeks behind on raw, but I did see reigns vs Anderson and gallows as the fans demanded.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Good that Sin has her Face again. Her beeing Red Skull 2.0 was the pinacle of the stupid Time Travel Bullet Plot back then when Steve was displaced in time.

Pre-ordered War of Kings Aftermath omnibus back in November on Amazon when it was £67. My order was dispatched a couple of days ago and I've just got an email saying I've been refunded.They claim it was damaged during transit.

Coincidentally it's nearly doubled in price on Amazon since I bought it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Pre-ordered War of Kings Aftermath omnibus back in November on Amazon when it was £67. My order was dispatched a couple of days ago and I've just got an email saying I've been refunded.They claim it was damaged during transit.

Coincidentally it's nearly doubled in price on Amazon since I bought it.
Call them and complain about it. They will most likely offer the previous price.
Dont use the text chat since calling them works out better most the time.

Sandfox

This actually makes works considering how Steve feels about what happened during Civil War 2 and the Marvel universe in general.

Dusknoir

How was Elektra #1? Has anyone read it yet? Also it sucks to hear that Old Guard wasn't as good I want it to be. I haven'tread it yet but my copy in coming this weekend.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Damn, Slade is such a terrible father.

This was a great issue. Deadpool earning his Avenger status.
Yeah, I really, really enjoyed it. Loved every comic this week so far. Read my Marvel's, getting through DC's offerings now.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
All right ComicGAF friends, I'm leaving in a minute for a job interview for a position that can only be described as the exact job that I've been hoping to get for the last 4 years.

It's just the first round, but it's seriously cool and exactly what I want to be doing with my life.

Think good thoughts.

Top Bottom