• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising E3 Demo Title Screen

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
444444443dcsc.png

OH MY GOD THAT MUST BE A HINT FOR MGR!

Apocryphon

That character model is really unimpressive up close.

The model itself is fine, the texturing on the armour is meh.

First impression was "bah... thats too garish..." but on second thoughts, it's not so bad. Suppose it's fitting for the style of game, and I wouldn't mind this kind of title screen for a Virtua Fighter or Tekken game.

I can't watch any vid or anything in work, but does it say "Revengeance" in the same way it says "VANQUISH" ?!?!?

If so, that would be fookin awesome.

MGS4 stealth play was still immensely enjoyable, and that Octocamo really added a lot to the gameplay. Plus I love all the neat quirks like MK Mark II. Nah MGS4 was a fantastic game but Im all for a Ninja Raiden title, it's what Ive been asking for the past 4 years. Its what I live for!

I agree. The Big Boss emblem run was fun, except for those two vehicle sections.

Whoa whoa whoa

Let's leave that to a Kamiya directed action game at the very least. Rising has enough to prove already, it doesn't need that kind of monumental pressure.

If PG is cool, this game is gonna have a very similar structure-- deep combat system, buying/earning new moves, multiple difficulties, unlockables.

If this is really amazing and sells a ton, it may just save the hardcore character action genre.

Gbraga

Raiden is such a flop/pathetic-looking character. /notimpressed

Even though I disagree, why the hell should that be important for a hack'n'slash game? You don't like the way he looks? So what?

Unless you're talking only about the title screen, then his looks are all you have to talk about.

The gameplay was awesome but I do hope they polished a bit more the animations that were pretty choppy.

Even though I disagree, why the hell should that be important for a hack'n'slash game? You don't like the way he looks? So what?

Unless you're talking only about the title screen, then his looks are all you have to talk about.

this is gaf. people will hate the game because their favorite kawaii voice actor isn't in it or because of the story.

Replicant

They're trying to sell him as this cool-looking character but he's anything but one IMO. The presentation is part of the package. If you want your audience to feel that the MC is cool, then I don't think Raiden does that job. YMMV

Because they're trying to sell him as this cool-looking character but he's anything but one IMO. The presentation is part of the package. If you want your audience to feel that the MC is cool, then I don't think Raiden does that job. YMMV

please show us examples of characters you find cool.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't think Raiden is cool, probably because the horrific voice actor sounds like a fourteen year old trying to be an adult.

Gbraga

They're trying to sell him as this cool-looking character but he's anything but one IMO. The presentation is part of the package. If you want your audience to feel that the MC is cool, then I don't think Raiden does that job. YMMV
I don't think Raiden is cool, probably because the horrific voice actor sounds like a fourteen year old trying to be an adult.

But his sword is a tool of justice :(

Carbonox

Am I the only one that likes Raiden's design? I find the sharp and stressed nature of his armour reflective of his personality. I also like him as a character but then I was championing him in MGS2. :p

Gbraga

Solid Snake from MGS (or Naked Snake from MGS3), Dante from DMC4, Adam Jensen from DXHR, Isaac Clarke from Dead Space 2, etc.

Have you never even heard about the backlash from the fans when MGS2 came out?

Yeah, but isn't that the reason why they turned him into his MGS4 self?

I was convinced at least, he was pretty awesome. And I'm not that into over the top stuff.

Am I the only one that likes Raiden's design? I find the sharp and stressed nature of his armour reflective of his personality. I also like him as a character but then I was championing him in MGS2. :p

I really like Raiden, I just hope they find a reasonably good excuse to bring him back as a cyborg in this game... Not that I expect much about the story in this game, just that single detail.

Replicant

Yeah, but isn't that the reason why they turned him into his MGS4 self?

Sure, but this is more of MGS4 Raiden and in MGS4 everyone loved Raiden!

That's the thing, I still wasn't impressed even with his MGS4 transformation. It's like Kojima has been trying so hard to make him happen even though it's not working at all (at least for me). It's similar to how Hollywood is trying to force-sell Sam Worthington or Taylor Kitsch as lead actor to film audiences.

But like I said, YMMV.

Sn4ke_911

Look at this shit, it looks freakin epic.

Haters be damned.

risingg2rtp.gif

Sn4ke_911

I alway wondered how the soldier is still able to raise his left hand after getting cut into pieces :lol

Raiden cuts him so fast he doesn't even notice it, until he's dead.

Top Bottom