• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Chitown B

Finally doing hyrule castle, wow! Why isn't the entire game filled with places like this?! It would fix all the issues with the game. If every major area of the world had a structure like this, with tons of rooms, challenges, epic music playing, great rewards, secrets and a boss, then this would be my favorite zelda.

I scaled up the side basically to Ganon (but warped away) so I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think I might have a glitch (not the blood moon one.)
I recently encountered my first advanced Yiga soldier, the ones with the wins swords. I just walked from Hateno to Tarrey town and must have fought about 15 of them. They are appearing constantly.

Is that normal?

Can you get your horse in the Gerudo Desert? I'm having trouble getting mine to walk down, it just won't walk down a little ramp, even if I call it.
Nope. There's a reason for that though.

There are special desert-only "mounts".

I recently encountered my first advanced Yiga soldier, the ones with the wins swords. I just walked from Hateno to Tarrey town and must have fought about 15 of them. They are appearing constantly.

Is that normal?
There are some stretches where they are common.

-MB-

I don't really miss proper dungeons, Hyrule Castle being similar to those on its own is good enough for me.
Would have loved a bunch of elaborate cave systems to get lost in or use as shortcuts to get somewhere else though.

jariw

Is that normal?

After your have defeated
the Yiga boss at the hideout, they start to appear very frequently

Geddy

I don't really miss proper dungeons, Hyrule Castle being similar to those on its own is good enough for me.
Would have loved a bunch of elaborate cave systems to get lost in or use as shortcuts to get somewhere else though.

I've done probably 30 or 40 shrines and three of the Divine Beasts and I definitely agree here.

But what I think this game lacks most of all is that feeling of whimsy. Still a great game of course, just not my favorite Zelda game. Every Zelda game is a tough act to follow.

Red

Dragons must be gated behind a quest trigger. There must be some main quest line branch that must be completed before they spawn.

Naydra is always present near Hateno village, until its shrine quest is complete. It then disappears to never return. No other dragons appear. I have spent literally seven hours trying to make Farosh spawn. Not fake literally. Literally literally. I have tried every guide and bit of advice I can find through google. I have repeated youtube walk throughs dozens of times. It never spawns. Naydra too is completely absent since clearing it of malice. I reset my switch hours ago, thinking the spawns must be bugged. But nope. Still nothing.

I can only speculate why they don't spawn. My feeling is they don't appear until some early quest trigger occurs. Maybe the visit to Impa in Kakariko. I have done no main story quest since leaving the plateau. That's the only reason I can think might stop them from appearing.

Spinifex

Dragons must be gated behind a quest trigger. There must be some main quest line branch that must be completed before they spawn.

Naydra is always present near Hateno village, until its shrine quest is complete. It then disappears to never return. No other dragons appear. I have spent literally seven hours trying to make Farosh spawn. Not fake literally. Literally literally. I have tried every guide and bit of advice I can find through google. I have repeated youtube walk through dozens of times. It never spawns. Naydra too is completely absent since clearing it of malice. I reset my switch hours ago, thinking the spawns must be bugged. But nope. Still nothing.

I can only speculate why they don't spawn. My feeling is they don't appear until some early quest trigger occurs. Maybe the visit to Impa in Kakariko. I have done no main story quest since leaving the plateau. That's the only reason I can think might stop them from appearing.

Have you unlocked a Great Fairy? Just a hunch.

Now I'm taking my time to explore hyrule castle and not going the Zora way (Swimming up waterfalls). The dungeon is awesome, so many pathways.

In general I've really liked all the dungeons in this game even if they're not as amazing as the best traditional dungeons in the series, they still get big points for non linearity and fun mechanics of controlling them (Divine beasts)

The things I wish they had done better is the UI, I wanna be able to drop my shields and bows from the quick menu, give an option to drop my shit when I open a chest and I have no room for what's in it. A more substantial story too.

Red

Have you unlocked a Great Fairy? Just a hunch.
Two of them.

Tabantha and horse god.

In other news, I realized Satori mountain has various platforms that offer gifts for the player. One is full of mushrooms, dozens and of many different types. Another has what must be 150 apples across many trees. The whole area is a nice tribute.

vareon

Naydra is always present near Hateno village, until its shrine quest is complete. It then disappears to never return. No other dragons appear. I have spent literally seven hours trying to make Farosh spawn. Not fake literally. Literally literally. I have tried every guide and bit of advice I can find through google. I have repeated youtube walk throughs dozens of times. It never spawns. Naydra too is completely absent since clearing it of malice. I reset my switch hours ago, thinking the spawns must be bugged. But nope. Still nothing.

This might sound weird but have you quit (closed entirely) the game and booting it back on? I got a dragon related problem that was solved that way.

I lucked out. I read Kass' diary and turned to go talk to him when I see a Blood Moon rising. After talking to Kass I practically dive off the mushroom tree to get Link onto the platform in time.

As a personal challenge I decided to ride my horse all the way to Ganon's room without it getting killed by Guardians (and without me getting off unless I had to clear a barrier). I succeeded, turned around and rode it all the way back out of the castle area. I was riding off in victory to the nearest stable when one of those Yiga MoFo's showed up, performed that ground explosion spell and killed my horse. I was very angry when I murdered that guy.

The things I wish they had done better is the UI, I wanna be able to drop my shields and bows from the quick menu, give an option to drop my shit when I open a chest and I have no room for what's in it. A more substantial story too.
The game is a quality of life patch away from being, uh.... even more the best game ever?

But seriously, inventory management is my only gripe.

Red

This might sound weird but have you quit (closed entirely) the game and booting it back on? I got a dragon related problem that was solved that way.
I restarted the console. I didn't exit the game first, but I had to start it again from the title menu after the reset.

Excellent OT title. Completed the game few days ago and at this point I'm just wasting my time with it until I can get my hands on P5 :D

I think my favorite character in the game is Beedle. He makes hilarious noises, and has goofy reactions to everything. Plays patty cake with himself when he's bored etc.

Hazmat

Is that normal?

That's an unusually high amount, but it's also a long distance. I never saw them with that frequency. You can just walk away from them, they give up pretty easily.

That's an unusually high amount, but it's also a long distance. I never saw them with that frequency. You can just walk away from them, they give up pretty easily.

When you run into the disguised
Yiga clan members
and give them all negative responses I wish there was a dialog option where they'd eventually just ask if you know who they are and Link can respond with "Shall we get on with it?"

Two of them.

Tabantha and horse god.

In other news, I realized Satori mountain has various platforms that offer gifts for the player. One is full of mushrooms, dozens and of many different types. Another has what must be 150 apples across many trees. The whole area is a nice tribute.

Pretty sure the quest you're looking for is at the top of Mt. Lanayru. I could be wrong but I don't think so. They show up without it, but far less from what I recall.

Gotta find me 8 more shrines
C8dvFEsUQAE0Jfg.jpg

And 830 Korok seeds

Is there anything better than Hydromelon for the heat. I just cook up about 5 of them.

As far as food goes, I don't think so?

But there is a
heat-resisting clothing set that's much better than the Gerudo Vai set.

It's the
Gerudo Voe set
, which can be purchased at the
Gerudo Secret Club
and at
Terrey Town
, the latter of which requires a fairly lengthy quest before it's available.

jariw

Satori mountain also has excellent Korok seed puzzles quality. There were many great ones in a pretty small area, that it really felt like a tribute area for Korok puzzles.

Vibed

Found all the memories. That last one was really good.

Still don't understand why
the Master Sword is all beat up like that. It never decays! Don't tell me it decayed just because Link was losing?

_Clash_

65 hours in, 3 beasts, just under 60 shrines.

Had the pleasure of roaming the Hebras mountains in my snowquil armour this afternoon, just completed my barbarian set with the labyrinth out that way.

It's a rare game that gets better and better

Just too damn easy however.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I still have no desire to face Gannon lol At 85 hours now... just completing shrines... upgrading my
guardian armor
an completing quests

the Master Sword is all beat up like that. It never decays! Don't tell me it decayed just because Link was losing?

I mean, has there really been anything in the lore that says
the blade is infallible
?
Neither Link nor the sword have really faced such odds/power in canon thus far, and even the Hero and the Master Sword would in theory have limits. It wasn't just Ganon at full power, it was a literal entire ancient Sheikah army. I see no reason why the blade couldn't begin to give out against such overwhelming power, even with its own power behind it

Also, that final memory you get automatically got even more amazing when
Fi "spoke" to Zelda, complete with the sound effect from Skyward Sword. Awesome nod

Ok there's a spot to put a shrine ball by kakariko village across from the
fairy fountain
I've searched everywhere for it and can't locate it. Can anyone lead me in the right direction.

99Luffy

Banned
Ok there's a spot to put a shrine ball by kakariko village across from the
fairy fountain
I've searched everywhere for it and can't locate it. Can anyone lead me in the right direction.
You have to finish all the sidequests in the village first. Some quests from the villagers only come at night..

Finished the game at 55 hours. What a ride

But man, I only did 41 shrines and I swear I looked EVERYWHERE

Where the hell are the other 80?! This game is huuuge

Nictel

I don't know if that's correct:
In Wind Waker the sword needs to be re-energised. It seems to never break (and it would be strange if it did) but far from infallible. When you pull it out after a 100 years it is in far better condition then when Zelda put it in.
In contradiction to the numerous other rusted weapons you find. It suggests it has re-energised itself, with or without help from the Deku Tree.

Vibed

I mean, has there really been anything in the lore that says
the blade is infallible
?
Neither Link nor the sword have really faced such odds/power in canon thus far, and even the Hero and the Master Sword would in theory have limits. It wasn't just Ganon at full power, it was a literal entire ancient Sheikah army. I see no reason why the blade couldn't begin to give out against such overwhelming power, even with its own power behind it

Also, that final memory you get automatically got even more amazing when
Fi "spoke" to Zelda, complete with the sound effect from Skyward Sword. Awesome nod
Technically not, but I like to think
a holy blade impevious/untouchable to all evil, the blade of evil's bane, wouldn't be able to be damaged by said evil. :p Most blades in lore like that are this eternal, never rusting slab of magic unless the plot specifically calls that it loses it's luster. I guess I expected more from that since Anouma hinted at both the Master Sword of Ressurection's and the Silent Princess's significance, like it had a greater meaning.

Still haven't beaten the game yet, if those things do pop up later.

Vibed

I don't know if that's correct:
In Wind Waker the sword needs to be re-energised. It seems to never break (and it would be strange if it did) but far from infallible. When you pull it out after a 100 years it is in far better condition then when Zelda put it in.
In contradiction to the numerous other rusted weapons you find. It suggests it has re-energised itself, with or without help from the Deku Tree.
Yes but they give a reasoning for that in
the dead sages. Ganondorf cannot touch the blade, so he goes after the sages to prevent it's edge.
That's kinda what I expected.

I don't think I'll finish this game for some time. There's just so much content, places to explore, things to discover, etc. More than 35hrs in and haven't even seen a dungeon or explored more than half the land. The problem is my OCD , I want to explore everywhere before I complete it, so I'll easily put 100hrs into it. But the great thing is I haven't been bored once.

Top Bottom