• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I got a Claymore X. With the Dethfiltrator, I 1 shot Brutes on Gold. Never had a match below 100k with it.

You can snipe with the damn thing... the only flaw to the Claymore is Phantoms. You can't afford to miss.

Screw you, next thing you're going to tell me you have a Widow X and a Carnifex X, and also a Valiant on top of that.

...while my Widow is still I and my Carnifex is II.

Yes, i only get upgrades for the shitty to "just ok" guns.

Dreamer RD

I posted a link to the best build ive seen for a melee infiltrator (credit to godlesspaladin from the BSN for his writeup) a few pages back, I guess nobody tried it :(
Tactical Cloak (5) Damage, Melee Damage
Proximity Mine (6) Radius, Damage Taken, Damage
Hunter Mode (6) Accuracy, Power Damage, Damage
Networked AI (3)
Advanced Hardware (6) Melee damage, Martial Artist, Power Synergy

I use almost the same build. Level 6 Cloak for remaining hidden is better than Proxy damage.
Carnifex X + Melee Stunner V, destroying everything very fast.

Have 7 million credits at the moment, hope they will add some good pack with high chance of ultra rares. I had enough of Premium spectre crap.

Dreamer RD

And here i am spending my credits everytime i hit above 60k or 99k.

And this guy have seven freaking millions.

You dont have all weapons at level X? (except ultra rares obviously) Because if you do, all these packs become worthless. I wasted about 3mil just for fucking XP cards.

Bisnic

You dont have all weapons at level X? (except ultra rares obviously) Because if you do, all these packs become worthless. I wasted about 3mil just for fucking XP cards.

My only weapons that are at X are the common ones and the Arc Pistol.

Everything else is below VI (with a few guns still at I and II like Carnifex, Widow, Revenant, Claymore and Geth Plasma SMG), except maybe the GPS at VIII. Hell, im still missing Geth Engineer and Batarian Soldier.

But i dont play ME3 all day, maybe 3 or 4 Silver matches per day at best. Didnt waste a single dollar on Bioware points either.

Maybe i should do some Gold Geth White farming instead... but i like being able to play more classes without feeling useless and not being stuck in one room always against the same Geths and Geths.

Chocobro

My Revenant, Carnifex, Kishock Harpoon Gun, and GPS are still sitting at rank VIII :|

I also tried the melee GI (6/6/6/0/6 build) this past Friday and it was pretty awesome, except I can't help but feel some of my melees didn't register against Geth Primes at point-blank range. For PM, I went with damage/damage taken/damage; should I change the R4 damage to radius? How big of a deal is getting Networked AI (3) as opposed to getting R6 PM?

Screw you, next thing you're going to tell me you have a Widow X and a Carnifex X, and also a Valiant on top of that.

...while my Widow is still I and my Carnifex is II.

Yes, i only get upgrades for the shitty to "just ok" guns.

trollface.jpg

WeaponUnlocks_resized.jpg

I still have a loooooooong way to go with Ultra rares though. Wish they would make a pack that helps you a bit better than the Premium SP. I also have all character appearances unlocked as well.

Mindlog

I just hopped on to play a game and check. It has not arrived yet.

I took my Geth Bruce Lee into Gold. It was set for random/random!
Geth Gold White

:sigh:
I've had my fill of that combination so I played it very aggressively with melee. I scored over 180k and another player was over 100k. Our clear time was still ~27 minutes. Boring.

I just hopped on to play a game and check. It has not arrived yet.

I took my Geth Bruce Lee into Gold. It was set for random/random!
Geth Gold White

:sigh:
I've had my fill of that combination so I played it very aggressively with melee. I scored over 180k and another player was over 100k. Our clear time was still ~27 minutes. Boring.

That is so awesome. I'm going to respec my build today and see how it goes. You can handle it on Geth Gold too? My only concern is the Hunter/Flamethrower combo.

Also, here's a comparison vid to see the damage comparisons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiGXwPqjQ0

exYle

I swear, this game knows exactly what I want and refuses to give it to me. Still stuck on Tempest III, despite buying about 400,000 credits worth of Veteran packs.

I just swept through a match on gold where I couldn't die, couldn't get ammo, and I could one shot kill any enemy with melee. I hit a new Atlas and it died. I hit three Phantoms with at one time thanks to my Geth engineer.

Needless to say, that was one of my better matches.

rozay

Banned
Finally decided to try out both drells, using walbertsmith's posts as a reference and slapping on a Talon. Holy hell are they fun classes, I'm still not 100% efficient with grenade placement but I still finished a few gold games without too much trouble.

I'm beginning to favor the Talon over a carnifex on some builds, shredder and barrel mods break the shield gating concept.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I swear, this game knows exactly what I want and refuses to give it to me. Still stuck on Tempest III, despite buying about 400,000 credits worth of Veteran packs.

You can get uncommons in Spectre Packs too along with your guaranteed rare.

knock out two birds with one stone

Bisnic

I get much more uncommon weapon mods and character cards than weapons from spectre packs though.

Maybe that will change once i get all mods.

Bisnic

This. I'm sick of getting mods and character cards.

I dont mind mods, they make my guns stronger and stronger. I get so many of them that i think only 3 of them arent maxed yet, but will probably be soon.

Uncommon character cards though... everything is maxed, other than Quarian Engineer i think, so tired of getting them, i want to get a Mattock X already.

Sai

I've got almost all of my mods at V. I think the Sniper Scope's the last one, and I'm pretty sure it's at IV.

Gui_PT

I dont mind mods, they make my guns stronger and stronger. I get so many of them that i think only 3 of them arent maxed yet, but will probably be soon.

Uncommon character cards though... everything is maxed, other than Quarian Engineer i think, so tired of getting them, i want to get a Mattock X already.

By weapon mods I thought you meant equipment to increase damage, my bad =P

I still don't even have all the characters or weapons =\ I'd rather have those first and the mods after

Bisnic

By weapon mods I thought you meant equipment to increase damage, my bad =P

I still don't even have all the characters or weapons =\ I'd rather have those first and the mods after

Yeah i mean things like Improve damage by 25% or improve magazine size by 80% that you put directly on the gun. Not the consumables that can only be used once.

Dont know how im supposed to call them, always thought it was mods.

Finally got an Ultra Rare weapon to X. 7 more guns to go (including the Indra).
aBEJr.jpg

Holy cow - how many Ultra rare weapons do you get on average per week? I've played a TON, yet my luck with Ultra rares is no good... :(

Aside from the crappy indra, I have gotten an ultra rare unlock in the past 3 weeks. And I have played ~30 hrs each of those weeks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Keep in mind, some of the uncommon weapon mods are only available in Spectre packs. It's a way to trick/force you to spend the money.

OPERATION SILENCER

Cerberus defectors have verified key intel on Reaper banshees to help provide us a vulnerability to exploit. Banshees are created from a specific kind of asari that cannot be replaced quickly, so we are diverting forces to focus on an all-out banshee extermination effort.

This task is an onerous one, and many of you are right to dread contact with these particular foes, but rest assured that we are prepared to reinforce your battalion with reserves. The vorcha want in, and as soon as they complete combined-arms training with our technically-skilled personnel, we will let them loose.

It’s time to make our enemies scream.

Allied Goal: Kill 3,000,000 banshees
Squad Goal: Survive until a full extraction on any map against any enemy on gold difficulty.

Successful completion of the allied goal will grant all players a Victory Pack.
Successful completion of the squad goal will grant all squadmates a Commendation Pack.

Welcome to the next N7 Weekend Operation, Operation SILENCER, beginning this Friday, May 11 at 6:00PM PST until Monday, May 14 at 5:00PM PST, on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. Please remember to set the “Upload Gameplay Feedback” setting to “On” in the online options to be able to participate in this N7 Operation.

Please note that due to a known issue, PlayStation 3 users will not see the promotion screen but they will be participating in Operation SILENCER and will be rewarded.

MP-Telemetry.jpg

Keep up the pressure, troopers. As you can see, N7 efforts to date have been bringing the fight right to the front door of our enemy. Our enemy is fierce, but we’ve got the might of the entire galaxy on our side.

Good luck and see you on the battlefiel

Source: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/05/09/operation-silencer/

Wonder what they mean about PS3 users not being able to see the promotion screen?
Interesting about the Vorcha. Looks like that leaked DLC info was right.

Bisnic

Source: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/05/09/operation-silencer/

Wonder what they mean about PS3 users not being able to see the promotion screen?
Interesting about the Vorcha. Looks like that leaked DLC info was right.

Another one already? The wait was shorter than last time, good! Maybe i'll finally get a N7 Valiant this time. But i bet i'll get a N7 Eagle II instead.

Nice to hear about Vorchas, wonder what classes they'll be. I only see them being physical classes with no biotic spells, so soldiers/infiltrators maybe? With this, we'll have all known ME races, other than the Yahgs. But those guys are way too huge(and primitive apparently) to be playable.

Edit : Wait, i forgot about Protheans, but since there is only one left alive, that's impossible. Unless Bioware pull a "There was more frozen Protheans!".

Havok

Edit : Wait, i forgot about Protheans, but since there is only one left alive, that's impossible. Unless Bioware pull a "There was more frozen Protheans!".
I would be shocked if this doesn't happen. That, or cloning.

I wonder at what point these updates become paid content.

Bisnic

I would be shocked if this doesn't happen. That, or cloning.

I wonder at what point these updates become paid content.

As long as you can buy packs with real money, i dont think we'll have to pay for new multiplayer content.

Hopefully, i'm not proven wrong.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It would be hilarious if you had to pay for the DLC and then still had to go through the slot machine aspect of the game in order to unlock the new races/weapons.

Mindlog

Firebase White. 36% of the time it works every time.

The Operation Details would also suggest that Thessia map that was previously mentioned. Looking forward to it.

Full Extraction drives up the difficulty a bit.
Geth Gold White negates all difficulty.

Bisnic

Firebase White. 36% of the time it works every time.

The Operation Details would also suggest that Thessia map that was previously mentioned. Looking forward to it.

Full Extraction drives up the difficulty a bit.
Geth Gold White negates all difficulty.

Commendation packs are useless anyway. If they were like a free Premium Spectre Pack, or even a pack with a guaranteed Ultra-Rare, i might care more.

Cat Party

Commendation packs are useless anyway. If they were like a free Premium Spectre Pack, or even a pack with a guaranteed Ultra-Rare, i might care more.

The pack you get for completing the squad goal is the one that will have the promo weapon (Valiant, Crusader, Eagle, Hurricane). It's the one you get for the community challenge that is just shitty equipment.

Mindlog

Commendation Packs are the good ones. Have to finish Gold for that.
Victory Packs are the equipment packs handed out to everybody.

I also just paid attention to anther detail. 3 Million Banshees.
That's a lot of Banshees.

*If new consumables arrive in upcoming DLC I really hope they clean up the clutter a bit. It's a little funny how much ME3 Multiplayer's consumable menu reminds me of ME1 inventory clutter.
**Although, from past Mass Effect threads I guess inventory clutter is synonymous with deep role-playing.

Bisnic

Oh, well... my bad.

But i suppose the only reason it gives nothing good is because some people could just end up doing one game against Bronze Reapers and stop playing the whole weekend and Bioware think they shouldn't get golds or ultra-rares for that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
fuuuuuu I gotta get entirely too close to Banshees because of their narrow ass bodies and lack of a weak point :|

Chanser

Just came back from holiday and didn't claim my victory and commendation packs. Noticed the packs aren't appearing, were they time limited?

GSR

So that DLC leak was true, huh? Alright. Good to see they've got a pretty steady stream of new content going.

exYle

Yeah, but I'm just as unlucky with those packs.

In fact, this unluck curse has somehow gotten so far deep that it's come out the other side; I got a Carnifex V from a Veteran pack. Still sitting at Tempest III.

Does anyone still have the information from the leak? Can they post it?

Top Bottom