• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
But the Hurricane is a SMG, how can i put a stabilizer on a SMG if there is no such mod for them? Unless you're talking about the heat sink?
Errr... Character > Equipment > Slap on the Stabilizer III mod?

Dreamer RD

Anyone tried Geth pulse rifle on Turian Soldier? Thought it has great stability and rate of fire, so it can be cool with Marksman.

Chocobro

Anyone tried Geth pulse rifle on Turian Soldier? Thought it has great stability and rate of fire, so it can be cool with Marksman.

It felt weak despite all the headshots I was landing on Cerebus silver. I may give it another try to see if I feel any different about it.

DY_nasty

The GPR is pretty terrible all-around. You'd typically want to take a weapon that initially has high (or at least average) power, large clip and poor stability/recoil and then make the most out of Marksman's perks.

Marksman is pretty much begging you to use a Hurricane, Phaeston, or Revenant.

I haven't seen anyone trying it with the Striker yet though. Seems like it could be pretty crazy as long as you have host...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Errr... Character > Equipment > Slap on the Stabilizer III mod?

Oh that limited consumable? I thought you were talking the weapon mods.

Anyway, i rarely get any of them considering i buy like 1 premium spectre pack a day or something..

EekTheKat

Servers have been unstable since last night, the game just booted me from a round 11 gold match too.

GPR gets better if you throw ammo and an assault rifle power boost on it. Quite a bit of weapons that appear weak work far better with ammo and weapon boosts on them.

Falcon X in an overload heavy team often results in a lot of fire explosions.

The explosions load out for an engineer can be a lot of fun if you are looking to try something different.

alexel

Heh, I couldn't get the multiplayer manifest to work until I pretty much stopped playing the game. Here's what I ended my ME3 multi with (almost every other gun at X):

Su19P.jpg

I wish there was a trade option in the game and I could just give away most of these weapons to people missing them.

Mindlog

I haven't seen anyone trying it with the Striker yet though. Seems like it could be pretty crazy as long as you have host...
I've tried it. Can't see a damned thing when using it.

Yeah, the GPR is already stable enough that the Turian doesn't do much for it. The Phaeston is a much better Assault Rifle option. I do use the GPR on my Geth Engineer. It has done me very well on Gold. I have AP+Barrel mods on it.

I have a Valiant II as well. It likes making my Saber III look useless.

Complistic

Heh, I couldn't get the multiplayer manifest to work until I pretty much stopped playing the game. Here's what I ended my ME3 multi with (almost every other gun at X):

Su19P.jpg

I wish there was a trade option in the game and I could just give away most of these weapons to people missing them.

so what packs do you buy mostly.

Am I right in saying that once you get a weapon to level X/10, you stop getting that weapon in packs? If so, why can't the system do the same for multiplayer characters at level 20. There is nothing more frustrating than getting characters in (Premium) Spectre packs whose level reached 20 - months ago.

Sai

Krogan Battlemaster is the only character I haven't unlocked yet. Is it worth it?

Am I right in saying that once you get a weapon to level X/10, you stop getting that weapon in packs? If so, why can't the system do the same for multiplayer characters at level 20. There is nothing more frustrating than getting characters in (Premium) Spectre packs whose level reached 20 - months ago.
Well, there are additional appearance options that are unlocked after the character.

But yeah, once those are wrapped up, and their classes are at Lv20, you shouldn't be getting any character cards for them anymore. Bioware should patch that.

I just got a message from some randomer calling me a "fucking retard" for stealing kills with an Asari Adept.

DEM BIOTIC EXPLOSIONS.

Stealing kills, lol. It's a co-op game.

Krogan Battlemaster is the only character I haven't unlocked yet. Is it worth it?

Well, there are additional appearance options that are unlocked after the character.

But yeah, once those are wrapped up, and their classes are at Lv20, you shouldn't be getting any character cards for them anymore. Bioware should patch that.

The Krogan Battlemaster is a really enjoyable character for Bronze and Silver. You're basically a biotic charge and melee god, especially if you have it set to recharge your shields every time you biotic charge. You're asking for trouble if you play it at Gold level though.

And I see, thanks.

rozay

Banned
Stealing kills, lol. It's a co-op game.

The Krogan Battlemaster is a really enjoyable character for Bronze and Silver. You're basically a biotic charge and melee god, especially if you have it set to recharge your shields every time you biotic charge. You're asking for trouble if you play it at Gold level though.

And I see, thanks.
they are easily one of the most viable classes for soloing gold

Replicant

So now I have all the characters complete (Krogan Battlemaster being the last one to unlock a few minute ago), I pretty much lose reasons to keep playing the game. I suppose I can level up my GPS from VII to X but I'm not really big on guns.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Screw you guys, i have a N7 Eagle I and Hurricane I.

At least the Hurricane can be good... sometimes...but i'd rather stick to pistols, snipers and shotguns.

Dreamer RD

The GPR is pretty terrible all-around. You'd typically want to take a weapon that initially has high (or at least average) power, large clip and poor stability/recoil and then make the most out of Marksman's perks.

Marksman is pretty much begging you to use a Hurricane, Phaeston, or Revenant.

Tried these and Tempest is still better. Striker is total garbage even with stabilization mods. Seems like all new guns are worthless. Geth SMG, Kishock, Striker.. What was the 4th one?

DY_nasty

Tried these and Tempest is still better. Striker is total garbage even with stabilization mods. Seems like all new guns are worthless. Geth SMG, Kishock, Striker.. What was the 4th one?

Geth SMG ain't bad at all for what it is.

Don't know how you find a way to not love the Marksman/Revenant combo though.

Chocobro

I wish there was a timer telling me how many hours I played. The last multiplayer game I invested a lot of time into was Battlefield 3.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
lol, I mixed Striker with Falcon. Striker is an awesome weapon if you play as a geth with one extra mag on. Falcon sucks monkey balls.

Also my friend which was has been taking first two places on Gold with Kishock now does the same but more consistently with an arc pistol.

Dreamer RD

Geth SMG ain't bad at all for what it is.

Don't know how you find a way to not love the Marksman/Revenant combo though.

Its weak and unstable (even with mods). Any trick to use it? Cant even destroy weak unit like hunter or pyro fast enough. While Tempest is really cool. Killing Primes in seconds.
Anyway Geth Infiltrator is overpowered king of this game. Like Wesker in RE5 Mercs.
GPS/Claymore/Melee (or even Falcon?) build and any Gold game becomes walk in the park.

edit: have they increased number of Banshees and Brutes on Gold? I had a game on Dagger where 4 Banshees appeared as elimination targets during 3rd wave. And then at late waves (8-9) it was pure hell with tons of them along with Brutes.

DY_nasty

Are we talking about the same gun? The revenant is a lot of things but weak is the last thing I'd use to describe it

Dreamer RD

Are we talking about the same gun? The revenant is a lot of things but weak is the last thing I'd use to describe it

How you use it then? Mine is with +25% damage and 70% stability mod + eqiupment stability mod 3. Still a lot of shots miss.
Any other interesting builds with shitty characters/guns?

DY_nasty

How you use it then? Mine is with +25% damage and 70% stability mod + eqiupment stability mod 3. Still a lot of shots miss.
Any other interesting builds with shitty characters/guns?
With marksman? The kick is EASILY controllable even without it. Hell, I used to set up shop with defense bubble justicar and play as a portable turret. Marksman also lets you use the Rev at significant range too.

The tempest has a better fire rate and the upper hand on stability, but the damage doesn't stand up. Hell, I wouldn't even take a tempest X over the buffed hurricane anymore.

Also, Im not a fan of opting for the proximity mine all that much with that build because it gets in the way of that constant damage stream between mm and weapon reload.

Sai

Can somebody please tell me why I'm hearing Thane's theme from ME2 playing constantly since the start of this multiplayer match?

Is this some recent change? Something I simply haven't experienced before? Or is somebody modding?

[EDIT] - Well, assuming there was modding involved, that distracting background music was all it was used for. Can't believe how bad those guys were. They were trying to credit farm on White against Geth. All three of them were hiding behind that one spot next to the outside entrance, right beside eachother—wouldn't move an inch. Whenever a Prime or group of Hunters/Pyros walked in from the outside, they'd get obliterated one after the other.

Their Medi-Gel eventually ran out. As did mine, from trying to revive them so much. :| I was the only one moving around in that room, trying to keep enemies from the outside entrance at bay. I think we were up to wave seven... More wasted equipment.

* Sai sighs.

[EDIT #2] - ... And now I just heard the combat BGM from Overlord. I guess I missed something. XD

In other news: Carnifex IV and Medi-Gel Capacity +1. Premium Spectre Pack finally gave me some good stuff.

Mindlog

^I had that happen to me once. It was after switching to multiplayer from a similar singleplayer map or something.

Running into great random players is a lot of fun. Multiple 'irregular' builds tearing a map apart in under 20 minutes. One player did exceptionally well sniping with the Indra.

I also did one gold as a regular SI-WX and topped 190k. If I didn't bother with healing/objectives I could have topped 200k. That's something I haven't done off-host yet, but I'm keeping my eye on it.

Over 300k credits and still very well supplied with consumables. I'm going to have a lot of credits if new DLC hits.

Its weak and unstable (even with mods). Any trick to use it? Cant even destroy weak unit like hunter or pyro fast enough. While Tempest is really cool. Killing Primes in seconds.
Anyway Geth Infiltrator is overpowered king of this game. Like Wesker in RE5 Mercs.
GPS/Claymore/Melee (or even Falcon?) build and any Gold game becomes walk in the park.

edit: have they increased number of Banshees and Brutes on Gold? I had a game on Dagger where 4 Banshees appeared as elimination targets during 3rd wave. And then at late waves (8-9) it was pure hell with tons of them along with Brutes.

It's hardly a weak gun, especially with the Turian soilder. Just make sure you use it while you're against cover for the added accuracy and you shouldn't have trouble managing the recoil.

Other great guns to use while using the Turian Soilder: The Talon or Claymore with accuracy mods ( Shotgun sniping !) The Vindicator, and the Geth SMG, just make sure you're going for headshots with each weapon.

I hate the arduous process of joining games. It takes you back to the main menu, loading screen, pick a character, loading screen, a flash of another menu and then another loading screen. Even a 'leader' leaving the menu or game forces you to enter a loading screen.

Bioware would do well to have a party system similar to the one present in Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. Would make things so much easier.

Top Bottom