• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] April 2017 Boxart Thread

Chanser

Boxart revealed in April 2017 and not for games released during this period.
Some of the boxart might be old or placeholder art.
91OsNTnn0YL.jpg
A1-Vz-i6z0L.jpg
711gW237c3L.jpg
81NsDq5Nu%2BL.jpg
81yByaVfy3L.jpg
91BMhgWTY8L.jpg
81ZJds8dt7L.jpg
91nKCmNVngL.jpg
81WC1WHILxL.jpg
61KADqmq-IL.jpg

Uzukii

Banned
I didn't know Valkyria Revolution was coming out for XB1 too. When I saw that boxart I was like "Eww, that's an April Fool's joke, right?"

YaBish

I think WipEout isn't really anything special. Especially compared to the series' previous covers. I mean, just look at these beauties:

Though I guess that's what happens when you don't have The Designer's Republic to design the cover anymore.

Wipeout hasn't gotten good boxart since the PS1/TDR days.

At least it's better than this

9931_front.jpg

Wait.. Sony REALLY passed a WipEout to Bam in NA? Mister Mosquito to Eidos I can understand, but even back then, would it not have been one of their semi-major IPs?

Elandyll

Banned
I think WipEout isn't really anything special. Especially compared to the series' previous covers. I mean, just look at these beauties:

Though I guess that's what happens when you don't have The Designer's Republic to design the cover anymore.
Dat Steelbook though...

a6WJaPN.jpg

(Maybe not coming to US)

FoneBone

Wait.. Sony REALLY passed a WipEout to Bam in NA? Mister Mosquito to Eidos I can understand, but even back then, would it not have been one of their semi-major IPs?

A bunch of SCEE games were published by third parties in the US in the PS2 era (in addition to Wipeout, there was Dropship, Ghost Hunter, and 24, off the top of my head).

Fuck yes that Wipeout boxart. Somewhat surprised Lost Legacy is getting a physical release and it looks like ass. Is it just Europe or shit like that?

Servbot24

Banned

Woah... not seen those before. Now those are some goddamn covers.

Tohsaka

Looks like Kosuke Fujishima did that IF cover.

I hope I'm wrong.

You're not wrong. There was a big controversy in Japan among otakus because his wife was given a voice acting role as one of the game's heroines, despite her being a cosplayer and not an actual voice actress.

cj_iwakura

You're not wrong. There was a big controversy in Japan among otakus because his wife was given a voice acting role as one of the game's heroines, despite her being a cosplayer and not an actual voice actress.

Sounds like the Satomi Tadashi debacle with Tamaki, only more real.

Since he's involved with the game, what's the problem?
Also, I forgot this game even existed. lol

I love Fujishima's work. IF not so much, lol.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wasn't Dark Rose Valkyrie reviewed badly among importers?

Top Bottom