• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

yeef you have to figure out what's causing the lag on the servers

it's getting to the point where half of your meatshots as scout will just go right through a person without doing any damage, or only like 10 damage, and you'll get killed because of it

it's getting to the point where half of your meatshots as scout will just go right through a person without doing any damage, or only like 10 damage, and you'll get killed because of it
I couldn't even play tonight it was so bad. I was all over the place from lag.

Stat website is wrong.
Favorite Map:* plr_hightower

That is certainly not my favorite map.

This is why I play medic.

medics on server need to work on staying safe and not getting spammed to death

Hard to do with janky demomen and pyros. Sticky explodes from 20 feet away? AUTO KILLS. Pyro uses flamethrower 15 feet away? Somehow hits.

Gaf server complains about playing the same maps all the time, rtvs when we play Hoodoo and Cashworks.

Gaf server complains about random crits when they're on, always picks the Harvest Halloween event map where you get crits from killing a player and picking up a pumpkin.

I would be all in favor of a trial run of a handpicked map rotation.

Gaf server complains about playing the same maps all the time, rtvs when we play Hoodoo and Cashworks.

Gaf server complains about random crits when they're on, always picks the Harvest Halloween event map where you get crits from killing a player and picking up a pumpkin.

Same here

I think Yeef tried to do this before. Didn't work out too well.

This is why I play medic.

Hard to do with janky demomen and pyros. Sticky explodes from 20 feet away? AUTO KILLS. Pyro uses flamethrower 15 feet away? Somehow hits.

Were they crit stickies? On the first Hoodoo stage I built up a lot of Kritz charges.

You have to understand the safe areas where you cant be spammed, and keeping distance from the guys you're healing so the enemy can't hit you.

Watch the flank and keep moving so you're hard to hit.

Look ahead to see if healing someone that's pushing is worth following, and bail if necessary. There's no use in following someone that's probably going to die and make you lose your charge. I've had medics follow me out to the battle even though I was falling back because there were a million people from the other team pushing.

Try and be surrounded by a couple of your teammates so they can all help defend you.

The hardest things to survive IMO are good scouts flanking you, spies, and a good soldier (only takes two well aimed rockets for a kill at medium/close range).

A good medic is really important. I wish more people would play it. ;(

Bluth54

See? Wanna play boundry? NOPE playin high tower.
I'm hoping Valve makes some more community maps like pl_Boundary official soon since that's the only way we'll get people to vote for them on the Gaf server.

I would love to see another community map pack but I have my doubts we'll see anything like that ever again, since Valve has no way of directly making money off of community maps. There are lots of great ones out there they just seem to be ignoring.

Even when they're on it, I think he set the rate down from the norm.

Then damn, regular TF2 must be ridiculous.

Were they crit stickies? On the first Hoodoo stage I built up a lot of Kritz charges.

You have to understand the safe areas where you cant be spammed, and keeping distance from the guys you're healing so the enemy can't hit you.

Watch the flank and keep moving so you're hard to hit.

Look ahead to see if healing someone that's pushing is worth following, and bail if necessary. There's no use in following someone that's probably going to die and make you lose your charge. I've had medics follow me out to the battle even though I was falling back because there were a million people from the other team pushing.

Try and be surrounded by a couple of your teammates so they can all help defend you.

The hardest things to survive IMO are good scouts flanking you, spies, and a good soldier (only takes two well aimed rockets for a kill at medium/close range).

A good medic is really important. I wish more people would play it. ;(

1. I sometimes do move to safe areas, but then my heal target decides to charge in with 80hp and I feel compelled to follow since sometimes that helps them not die and win the game.

2. I will watch the flank more.

3. I do try to look ahead. But going around corners this isn't always possible, and you have teammates that dont alert you even if they have a mic. Java is good at alerting though. A simple "run medic!" would do.

4. I try to stay around teammates, though sometimes I have teammates charge into the middle of a firefight and then I cant get in without dying. Especially when one crit sticky or rocket will fuck me and everyone surrounding me over.

5. Not everyone protects the medic and it is frustrating. People like fallengorn do everything they can and even pay attention for scouts. I'll get some people who I swear are fucking deaf. A scattergun will go off behind us, and then they just continue forward as we make our way to the fray. Then I get killed by a scout because they refused to take 2 fucking seconds out of their time to protect me.

Also even if players are alert, some people (like me) just aren't that good and cannot stop a legitimate threat. I've played scout before and sometimes I just cant stop whoever is threatening the medic. And missing body shots/body shots dealing 10 damage doesn't help a bit. :(

Being a medic is suffering. It is no wonder not many people play it.

Yeef

I don't think it's necessarily The Jank. I've been having similar issues on other servers as well.

I couldn't even play tonight it was so bad. I was all over the place from lag.

Stat website is wrong.
Favorite Map:* plr_hightower

That is certainly not my favorite map.
"Favorite map" just means "map you've spent the most time on om the last 30 days." (It's probably high tower for everyone)

medics on server need to work on staying safe and not getting spammed to death
Indeed. As a rule of thumb, if the person you're healing is leading you into certain death, fuck 'em. Getting an Uber/Kritz is more important than your patient's ego. On the other end, though, it seems like lots of people get tunnel vision once they switch away from healing. Use the syringe gun and saw to defend yourself, sure, but when there are teammates about, it's generally more efficient to heal them and let them take care of the enemies than to try and do battle yourself. Don't get tunnel vision just because you switched away from the heal gun.

today was especially janky.

And we can't even play a fucking new maps for once.
Yeah. A bunch of people, including me, had higher than normal ping tonight.
Well, to be fair, Hoodoo is awful and Cashworks is pretty bad if you don't have an engineer on Bl. The second and last points are SUPER far away from spawn.

I've only ever seen harvest event voted in when people complain about there being no good choices. Personally, with the small exceptions of Gold Rush, Dustbowl, 2Fort and Hoodoo, I'm fine with pretty much any other map.

What made it not work?
"nextmap"

"map no one seems to like"

*server empties*

Granted, even with voting it's generally:

"nextmap"

*map we voted for, but don't like*

*server empties*

Maybe I'll put in an annoying pop up at the beginning of ever map that reminds people to nominate.

Even when they're on it, I think he set the rate down from the norm.
Stop spreading rumors! This is how urban legends get started.

Other than turning crits on, off or to 100% there's no way to modify the crit rate without making it stupid. Crits are determined, independently , both client side and server side. I can modify the rate server-side, but then when the client thinks there should've been a crit it'll make the shot appear as a crit even if it isn't. It'll also make crits appear as non-crits.

Definitely is. Too bad for the most part, its really boring.

Playing medic with a good team is an absolute rush. On Saturday I played, and basically attached myself to fallengorn for a good portion of the match. The dude protects you, never wastes an uber, never leads you into suicidal situations, and allows you to rack up tons of ubers.

Yeef: I barely use syringe gun. I do use my saw, but that is because using the ubersaw to defend myself is actually pretty damn beneficial for the team. 25% uber a hit = much faster uber.

Top Bottom