• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

1-D_FTW

:lol

Aside from an engineer's cap I gave away, I've never gotten a hat drop. All my non-standard hats have been from pre-purchases/Cheater's Lament/Halloween.

Was all excited because I was going to craft myself a soldier's hat. Cleaned up the inventory and scrounged up 4 reclaimed metal and a solder's token.

I was like, WTF, why isn't this working? Oh, there's refined metal? :lol. So, yeah, I don't that's ever happening.

Yeef

:lol

Aside from an engineer's cap I gave away, I've never gotten a hat drop. All my non-standard hats have been from pre-purchases/Cheater's Lament/Halloween.

Was all excited because I was going to craft myself a soldier's hat. Cleaned up the inventory and scrounged up 4 reclaimed metal and a solder's token.

I was like, WTF, why isn't this working? Oh, there's refined metal? :lol. So, yeah, I don't that's ever happening.
With a handful of exceptions, you can trade for most hats for like 2 refined, give or take. Don't waste 4 refined on a chance at a hat you'll like when you can get TWO (or three) hats for that price just by trading.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
With a handful of exceptions, you can trade for most hats for like 2 refined, give or take. Don't waste 4 refined on a chance at a hat you'll like when you can get TWO (or three) hats for that price just by trading.
Aren't most 1.33 or did inflation drive that up?

2 months' backlog of videos:

TF2 Melee in a Nutshell: revenge of the polearm

Hightower Express: a chance meeting between two starcrossed lovers

NSQuote [GAF] has left the game.: i swear, he has a ragequit bind on his keyboard, he was off before the ragdoll hit the floor

The Luckiest Spy: pretty sure after this happened quote blamed engineers or w+m1 or something other than his dumb ass

Pro Demoskill: artistdude gets owned by pure, refined demoman skills. not in any way luck. do not mistake the end for shock.

C'mere Cupcake: experimentation leads to nob getting caught in the crossfire

The Ol' Dead Ringer Dance: dog welder falls for the oldest trick in the book

Metal Gear II: Boney's Revenge: he's back and he wants you

The Noble Warrior: the story of a heavy too gentle for this cruel earth

Javaman

Lots of issues that keep that from happening unless your team is really coordinated
- Lack of available metal on the front lines until the dispensers go up and get upgraded to level 3. This varies on the map but you'll be waiting for metal to redrop pretty quickly and it gets worse with more engineers trying to build/upgrade stuff.

That's just silly. Everyone who goes engineer at the round start is a 200 metal mule. Anything will help. It's best not to get the metal close to the engineer though, since he might have timed his building to it's spawn.

Sianos

2 months' backlog of videos:
NSQuote [GAF] has left the game.: i swear, he has a ragequit bind on his keyboard, he was off before the ragdoll hit the floor
No, I don't have a button to make hl2.exe crash.

That'd be silly.

But I wonder if it IS possible to have a bind that crashes the game. It'd be a neat experiment. FOR SCIENCE.

The Luckiest Spy: pretty sure after this happened quote blamed engineers or w+m1 or something other than his dumb ass
I knew I was dead, so I replied to a text I got a few minutes ago. :U

I think I had a replay of this, but it was corrupted on my end. Glad to see you saved it, it was a funny moment. It's impolite to leave a lady waiting, you know.

I don't think I could handle the NSQuote rage if they nerfed it.
For the past month or so I've been using Invis Watch anyways, so I wouldn't mind. The Dead Ringer does need a bit of a rework.

I'll be on after I eat some sandviches.

So I spent the last 3 nights messing around in the replay editor, and I finally finished with a Spy life from Cashworks that I liked. Went to save it today and... hl2.exe crashes. Ok, lowered the quality... hl2.exe crashes. Tried to save it as a draft... hl2.exe crashes.

Fucking maddening.

Yeef

How did you get the slow mo to work because for the life of me I could not get it to work properly or the way I wanted to...... That editor is more complicated than it should be....
Slo-mo doesn't work in first person. Editor is super-easy to use.

Sajjaja

Slo-mo doesn't work in first person. Editor is super-easy to use.

Why doesn't it work in first person.... that's weird lol.

They should have a tutorial for, SLOW people like me.... hehe, get it? Slow? Cause I couldn't get slow mo to work? Ha ha...ha.............ha...................................

Yeef

wat, really? Could have sworn it worked.

Yep it does work. You need to switch to third person and back to first after slowing the game down.
Everytime I've done that, when I've rendered it didn't come out in slo mo during the first person segments, even though it was slo mo when I edited.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the camera shake function. Now I feel obligated to try it on my next replay.

Everytime I've done that, when I've rendered it didn't come out in slo mo during the first person segments, even though it was slo mo when I edited.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the camera shake function. Now I feel obligated to try it on my next replay.

:| now you made me look like a fool!

I was not feeling it last night. So I ragequit and played my DS. Wasn't feeling that either. So I turned it off and played my Wii. Couldn't get into it.

So I did the unthinkable.
I read a book.

Never again.

just got $700 for selling 3 unusuals >:)

(._.)
how is that even

fucking

what

EedaM.png

So anyone ever remake any RTCW maps on this? I always though Beach Invasion would be great in TF2.

looks like it has

Near the beginning of it's release when there were tons of strange goofy custom maps and no one knew what was going on (I remember playing a bunch of poorly made halo maps at one point) I played that map and some other Wolfenstein maps. They were absolutely terrible.

Top Bottom