• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King to Introduced Fruit Loop Milkshake for a Limited Time, Starting Apr. 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

meppi

Sx7TJOb.jpg

Of all the cereals to make a milkshake from, they go with one that tastes like pure sugar.

Should've just gone with that. A sugar flavoured milkshake and market it as such. The kids would love it!

That's sort of the point I think....

Why would they make a Milkshake flavored like that of a cereal that didn't? I'm not sure Corn Flakes or Cheerios would sell well as a Milkshake.

It's actually pretty good. Tastes exactly like you'd expect - it's a vanilla shake with bits of Froot Loop. Has the flavor of the milk leftover from cereal, and a very satisfying texture.

RawNuts

Tried one, it's alright; tastes like Fruity Pebbles that have been left to sit in milk for a while and then put in the freezer.

Darkman M

Who comes up with this stuff? I wanna be a fast food menu designer. Ummmm... let's make a burger... with ummm... funyuns on top... and umm a little Debbie zebra cake as the bun... and sriracha somewhere.

They just throw shit at a board or have a food combination wheel they spin or something. That's the only explanation.

Probably well off people who would never eat the shit.

my stomach turned just reading the thread title

Sounded gross but it looks good in the pic.

God that sounds so fucking disgusting. I don't understand how anyone could disrespect their own body by putting this type of food into it.

I don't understand these posts. Like, you know cereal plus milk is a common combination ( like it or not), yet some how cereal plus Ice cream disgusts you all. Is milk that dissimilar from cream? Are fruit loops inherently gross? Do you merely have a knee-jerk reaction to all fast food concoctions? What is it?

Anyway, on topic my roommate got this and said it tastes like blue moon ice cream or whatever. Omfg barf right.

Dereck

I tried it and it tastes like a vanilla milkshake with fruity pebble bits mixed in. It's the most innocuous thing ever.

judhudson

Tried it this weekend, thought it was disgusting. And I like Fruit Loops too. It didn't cross my mind at first that essentially its soggy fruitloops.

Oreo is still the best.

Camwi

As an American, I say, what is this egg nonsense?!

Verdict for the shake seems all over. It's a bit hard for me to buy into a BK shake, as when I get off work it's Steak n Shake's Happy Hour. SnS, naturally, is gonna win that competition every time.

As an American, you need to try frozen custard. Hopefully there's a Culver's in your area.

I tried it, and it's nothing. Barely even taste the Froot Loops, would rather just have a regular vanilla shake.

Maybe the employee made you a shitty shake. Mine tasted exactly like Fruit Loops.

Nakazato

My wife got one... And to be honest it wasn't horrible. Would have been better fruity pebbles since it would have been huge chunks. But the flavor wasn't bad

Jobbs

Banned
They do this as a marketing thing to get their name out there. And while it doesn't sound good, it'd be fun to try and share your reaction with your friends. It's s fun idea.

I don't understand these posts. Like, you know cereal plus milk is a common combination ( like it or not), yet some how cereal plus Ice cream disgusts you all. Is milk that dissimilar from cream? Are fruit loops inherently gross? Do you merely have a knee-jerk reaction to all fast food concoctions? What is it?

Anyway, on topic my roommate got this and said it tastes like blue moon ice cream or whatever. Omfg barf right.

Blue Moon...as in the Beer? Holy hell that sounds awful lol

gaiages

Banned

Ice cream has more sugar than milk, and stuff like Fruit Loops has too much sugar on its own for some people. It's basically the same reaction to the Starbucks unicorn drink, just a shitton of sugar.

Granted it seems that they didn't make the fruit loops overwhelming but it's easy to see why people would think that FRUIT LOOP OVERLOAD would be the norm.

nded

They are good. Cereals work really well for milkshakes because, well, they are candy pretty much.

Cereals have also been a component of milkshakes for a long time. Malted milkshakes are called that because they contain malted grains like barley and wheat.

Ice cream has more sugar than milk, and stuff like Fruit Loops has too much sugar on its own for some people. It's basically the same reaction to the Starbucks unicorn drink, just a shitton of sugar.

Granted it seems that they didn't make the fruit loops overwhelming but it's easy to see why people would think that FRUIT LOOP OVERLOAD would be the norm.

People put caramel and various syrups on their ice cream which are basically almost nothing but sugar. Sugar cones also have a lot sugar in them, obviously. There is almost nothing that is too sweet for people to put in, on and around ice cream.

Sulik2

You all should try crushing up fruit loops and putting it on vanilla ice cream if you think this sounds bad. Cereal is delicious on ice cream. Peanut Butter crunch is excellent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom