• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King to serve new "barbecue menu" in US for this summer, includes bacon sundae

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this stuff out yet or coming out soon? I'll be heading on my lunch break soon and thinking of stopping by and trying something (will take pictures much to GAF's amusement)

thirty

Banned
i'll already out but the dipshits in my BK had no menu or posters, you have to ask for it. had the sundae, was ok. it did look like the picture, bacon crumbles with a single strip. yes, it was novelty, I wouldn't order it again.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I've never got the appeal of bacon.

Good high-quality bacon combines nearly all the best parts of pork - a bit of crispness but the meat still has a good firm chewiness, and there's enough fat for flavor but not too much. The only thing missing really is the crunch of pork skin.

You'd never get that from a fast-food place obviously.

-PXG-

Sup...

jxPqU.jpg

Yeah, yeah. I know. Massive pic. Can't help it. Posting from my phone lol

codhand

Tried the pulled pork, it was...not good. Tried the sweet potato fries, they tasted like...sweet potato fries, tried the strawberry frozen lemonade, it tasted like I would be needing a Prilosec, the end.

Not a fan of the bacon desert trend.. tried ice creams, chocolate bars, chocolate truffles.. and some other randoms.

Just gimmicky "meh" all around. Pretty off-putting really.. I don't want chewy bacon bits in my deserts.. and they are especially chewy in cold or frozen deserts.

Other than that.. the flavor of bacon fat? It's OK I guess for deserts.. but certainly not mindblowing.

For me bacon is about texture as much as it is flavor, and it just doesn't work in a desert.

I tried the Carolina Whopper last night. Was going to try the Memphis sandwich with pulled pork, but the teller said something about coleslaw sauce yuk.

The burger was not bad. Extra saucy like I like my BBQ but not overly saucy. It was kind of sloppy yet not so bad you had to worry about it dripping everywhere.

Sup...

http://www.imgur.com/jxPqU.jpg[img]

Yeah, yeah. I know. Massive pic. Can't help it. Posting from my phone lol[/QUOTE]

Oh wow... At least the bacon from the Denny's sundae looked like real bacon cooked on a griddle. This? Just looks terrible...

smr00

Banned
Sweet tator fries? very tempting.

As for BBQ, i live in TN.. I have Sweet P's BBQ (which is arguably one of the best places in NA to get BBQ.) not 10 minutes from my house and a local BBQ place every other 20 feet here so i will pass on frozen, bland and terrible fast food BBQ.

dvdjamm

I tried the Carolina BBQ Tendergrill with Sweet Potato Fries...It was OK for fast food. I didn't want to waste $2.50 on a bacon sundae,so I bought a apple pie...It was alright except that the pie crust on the top was undercooked...I guess that comes with heating it enclosed in its packaging. The best thing out of what I had turned out to be the fries.
dutch-apple-pie.jpg

_Memphis Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich.

_Carolina BBQ Whopper or Chicken Sandwich.

_Texas BBQ Whopper or Chicken Sandwich.

Hey!

:mad:

FU Too from your friends in Kansas City, Burger King!

(Though on the bright side, there are a million places in town to get a good pulled pork sandwich here anyway.)

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Got the Memphis Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich. Looks fucking awful but it tasted much better than expected O_O Added a pic of what it's supposed to look like for comparison. (lol)

BBAAo.png
PCc7X.png

Also got some sweet potato fries, pretty good also.

nv3DA.png

Not sure what I'll try next time I visit BK.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That sounds fucking revolting. What the fuck is wrong with people?

DMeisterJ

Banned
I had the California whopper. I was whelmed. My BK didn't have the Frozen Strawberry Lemonade though. I quite like McD's version of it.

atomsk

Party Pooper
got one yesterday

3ExXE.jpg

you barely taste the bacon, the vanilla/chocolate/caramel totally overpowers it

we need bacon flavored ice cream, somebody get on that

edit: fixed image

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So the whole point of the bacon is what, then? To make it needlessly more unhealthy?

An-Det

I might have to try this. Dairy Queen actually recently started doing some kind of Bacon Blizzard as well, we we've been planning to do a custom bacon blizzard cake. Curious to see which will be better.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Got the Memphis Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich. Looks fucking awful but it tasted much better than expected O_O Added a pic of what it's supposed to look like for comparison. (lol)

http://i.imgur.com/BBAAo.png http://i.imgur.com/PCc7X.png

http://i.imgur.com/nv3DA.png

I don't know why, but the official trademark of PORK™ being "be inspired" makes me laugh. It's just so meaningless.

I've been known to put french fries in a fast food sundae so by all rights the bacon sundae should sound good to me, but the pictures make it look repulsive. The person who said that the bacon looks like jerky has it spot-on.

I've yet to try a bacon sundae, but I will say, I had a bacon cupcake once (Pancake flavor cake, maple syrup frosting, crumbled bacon throughout) and it was one of THE most delicious cupcakes I have ever eaten, so I am not opposed to trying a sundae version at all.

Though I do agree that Denny's way of doing it (with maple syrup instead of chocolate and caramel) sounds better.

BBAAo.png
PCc7X.png

nv3DA.png

that looks nastier than the microwaveable shit you find at 7/11

painey

I just tried it.. the Texas Whopper was ok.. the jalapenos were great, but there was no mayo and it really tastes different without it. The sweet potato fries were odd.. I felt like they didn't need salt at all, the salt on the sweet tasted strange. As for the ice cream, well it was nice but the bacon was totally unnecessary. It's not good quality bacon, and it's salty as fuck. You don't get a lot, but it works with the chocolate more than the actual ice cream. It was a nice meal, but you could probably go to a restaurant that serves this as get much better stuff for about the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom