• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's introducing Sriracha sandwich with Sriracha Mac dipping sauce nationwide

Qvoth

MCspicy is not even spicy.

the ones in indonesia and singapore are pretty spicy
obviously not eye watering level, but you can feel some heat, and as a spicy food lover i think that's good enough considering this is supposed to be fast food and thus be in an acceptable level for the general market

I loved siracha, but it's had it's due. Chipotle is due for a reckoning.

Also mcd, bring back the Chipotle bbq dipping sauce. I miss it so.

Because it tastes good? It's like asking why all these restaurants have salsa, or mustard.
Mustard is a garbage tier "sauce". It enhances nothing, there is no good tasting mustard, and it's one of the most useless things ever invented. Mustard is for people with no taste buds.

Neith

Banned
Honestly don't know what people see in sriracha, but then again I actively avoid all SEAsian food.

Yeah, it's great. You are crazy. It is more sweet than something like Tabasco, but also hot and still a little bitter. It's perfect.

Mustard is a garbage tier "sauce". It enhances nothing, there is no good tasting mustard, and it's one of the most useless things ever invented. Mustard is for people with no taste buds.

This is borderline treason and just stupid to be honest. There are so many awesome mustards out there. Whether you want whole seed or mixed yellows, organic or not, there are plenty of great mustards.

Not having mustard on hotdogs is gross.

Dereck

image.php

deo

Banned
Am I the only one that hates sriracha sauce? I cant imagine what it would taste like on such a bland burger

Qvoth

i can't imagine eating tonkatsu or roasted pork belly without mustard, so yeah there are some uses for it

Have you had actual mustard in your life before, or were you just born without taste buds?
Hell, even yellow mustard goes well with some things.

GNOSIS

I am always confused when people seem to think that Sriracha sauce is Vietnamese when Sriracha is the name of a place in Thailand where it came from.

I wonder if it's because they use it more in Vietnamese food? It's just a chilli sauce to us here in Thailand and we have so many variations. You don't usually see we put a bottle of Sriracha sauce on a dining table so I guess that's why.

And tbh, it's not even spicy at all for us Thai. We eat it with western food like burgers or french fries since the beginning of time.

akira28

you need jesus

Jesus on mustard:

mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, though it is less than all the seeds that are on the earth, yet when it is sown, grows up, and becomes greater than all the herbs

KeRaSh

im so fucking done with sriracha y'all

put it all in a metal box with nutella and bury it in the ground as a late aughts time capsule, we dont need it anymore

I'll say about two years ago that it has become a fad food item, like Nutella, fancy cupcakes, aioli, quinoa, and the others before them. Something will come along again and be all the rage.

Get that hipster shit out of here. Nutella's been around for 50+ years. Not sure when it became available in the States (I saw it in NY 10-15 years ago for $11 per glass... yikes!) but that stuff is anything BUT a fad.

Boy if I ever thought there was one thing on Earth that I didn't have to defend it's Nutella.
The fuck is wrong with people?

Get that hipster shit out of here. Nutella's been around for 50+ years. Not sure when it became available in the States (I saw it in NY 10-15 years ago for $11 per glass... yikes!) but that stuff is anything BUT a fad.

Boy if I ever thought there was one thing on Earth that I didn't have to defend it's Nutella.
The fuck is wrong with people?

I lived off the stuff as a kid and agree with you (lived in Germany) but I think it first hit US supermarkets ~20 years ago, becoming much more popular in the last 10. So, I can see why many would label it a fad item over here ala' Greek yogurt etc.

On topic, I have liked the last few Signature burgers I had; def a jump in quality. I'm skeptical about having the beef version though, seems perfect for the chix sandwich.

Sriracha is actually great for cooking because it has a mild but distinct flavor and can emulsify and thicken sauces without overpowering them or adding too much spice or vinegar. It also spans Mexican southwestern and Asian cuisines flawlessly.

you ever put Sriracha in spaghetti sauce or on pizza? :O

Had this yesterday with the crispy chicken, plus an extra sauce for the fries, and it's almost certainly the best McDonald's meal I've had ... ever?

The sauce is tremendous, and the other burger toppings--even the kale--combine to make an absolute treat.

I'm shocked.

SaviourMK2

I like the sauce. Kinda fatty, like Mayo (So if you wanna put this on a mcchicken like I do, order it without mayo). It has a light spicy followed by a sweet aftertaste.
Took me a minute to realize there were tiny cucumber/peppers in the sauce.
I Rick'd them and ordered a 20 piece and I asked for the Sirachha sauce, as much as they're allowed to give me, They put like 15 packets in my bag. Stockpiling bitches!

Sriracha is actually great for cooking because it has a mild but distinct flavor and can emulsify and thicken sauces without overpowering them or adding too much spice or vinegar. It also spans Mexican southwestern and Asian cuisines flawlessly.

I went to a sushi joint that served curry, they only offered it in mild, I asked for a side of Sriracha and mixed it in which gave it the kick I wanted.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
What if this is what they sent to Roiland? "Sriacha is similar enough to Szechuan right?"

They really missed the sriracha train but I love the stuff and need to try it soon before they get rid of it. I loved the drizzle Pizza Hut and of course they got rid of it.

Top Bottom