• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's Latest Idea: A Fork Made of French Fries

Get ready for the "FRORK"!

104438856-100_Customers-wonGCOt-have-to-leave-behind-a-drop-of-delicious-BBQ-sauce-on-McDonaldGCOs-new-Signature-Crafted-Recipes-Sweet-BBQ-Bacon-sandwich-with-the-Frork-Gao.530x298.jpg

McDonald's wants to get the word out that sandwiches in its new Signature Crafted Recipes line-up are so packed with toppings that you'll need a special utensil to deal with it — the Frork.

The burger giant is touting its Frork, basically a fork with French fries as the prongs, in a mock infomercial featuring pitchman Anthony Sullivan.

"Will the Frork change your life? Probably not," Sullivan says in the video. "Will the Frork improve your Signature Crafted Recipes eating experience? I mean, sure... maybe."

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/con...made-french-fries-n753306?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

🤦

Why would i take the time to put fries in that fork holder every bite, when if im already picking them up not put them in my mouth?

Let's predict all the Late Night jokes this will produce tonight and tomorrow.

"Frork? More like Frheart Disease."

"Just in case you wanted your utensils to be a little less edible."

"And coming later this year, Arby's will introduce the GArby'sge Bag, so you can remember to throw away your sandwich before you eat it."

You're welcome Late Night writers, that's all for free.

Speaking of the Signature burgers, I had the maple bacon dijon burger the other day...not bad for McD, I must say.

I rarely go there, but I saw that med fries and drink are free for a couple weeks from 5/5 or something with the signature purchase; $~6.50 for all that isn't too shabby...

On topic, I would use that fork

I don't understand

Just bring those amazing looking burgers Canada McDonald's always gets over here in the US. That's how you get my money. Not a fucking gimmick like this.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I mean, sure, I sometimes play around the idea of using one of my chips as a fork, but I wouldn't actually use a bunch of them as an outright replacement.

This is as goofy as when Burger King tried to make a big deal about putting two french fries on a burger a few years ago.

It's sad to see these fast food chains struggle to stay relevant.

Icolin

Banned
Let's predict all the Late Night jokes this will produce tonight and tomorrow.

"Frork? More like Frheart Disease."

"Just in case you wanted your utensils to be a little less edible."

"And coming later this year, Arby's will introduce the GArby'sge Bag, so you can remember to throw away your sandwich before you eat it."

You're welcome Late Night writers, that's all for free.
*Fallon laughs and thumps table*

I like how they try to convince you that they're classy with "Signature Crafted Recipes" only to bust out "FRORK" five minutes later.

Anyway, if you eat at this shithole, you definitely deserve Frorks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The marketing idea behind this is that it is so ludicrious people will create threads on forums believing they are mocking McDonalds when they are actually marketing for McDonalds.

I am posting in a thread about the Frork, so they won.

Basically, a plastic handle and you stick 3 french fries to it?

Easier to just to eat 3 french fries.

How will you touch them with your filthy hands prior to eating and spread some sort of vile chemical concoction that resembles 'sauce' around then? I guess you didn't think of that part, smarty pants.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Somebody was paid to come up with this...

Somebody was paid to come up with an idea that would cause people to market McDonalds on their own. Just think about it for like a minute. The only purpose in creating this thing was so that people would create "mocking" threads on social media and forums which link pictures of the device next to their new line of hamburgers.

The person paid to come up with this deserves a raise. Evidence: this thread. That marketing exec is probably reading this thread, right now, and laughing his ass off at the people who think they are mocking the company all while linking GIFs of the Sweet Barbecue Bacon sandwich.

Somebody was paid to come up with an idea that would cause people to market McDonalds on their own. Just think about it for like a minute. The only purpose in creating this thing was so that people would create "mocking" threads on social media and forums which link pictures of the device next to their new line of hamburgers.

The person paid to come up with this deserves a raise. Evidence: this thread. That marketing exec is probably reading this thread, right now, and laughing his ass off at the people who think they are mocking the company all while linking GIFs of the Sweet Barbecue Bacon sandwich.

Okay. But I mean, the fork is still stupid.

Oh, okay. I don't know what to think anymore :s

But it basically is a parody, almost a laugh at the consumers expense?

Makes me want to give them my patronage even less, lol

Anyway, their food tastes like ass. Actually, that is doing ass a disservice.

Top Bottom