• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's introducing Sriracha sandwich with Sriracha Mac dipping sauce nationwide

RBH

GetFile.aspx

McDonald%E2%80%99s-Launches-New-Signature-Sriracha-Sandwich-And-Sriracha-Mac-Sauce-678x381.jpg

5968f3f21500006303bfd989.png

DF7F2OYVwAAYO61.jpg:small

McDonald’s Corp. is adding a pair of popular ingredients — Sriracha and kale — to its nationwide menu later this month, both in a single sandwich.

The Oak Brook, Ill.-based burger giant will introduce a Signature Sriracha sandwich, with Sriracha Mac sauce, crispy onions, baby spinach and kale, a tomato slice and Cheddar cheese.

McDonald’s has been rolling the sandwich out at restaurants across the country, and will begin advertising the new recipe on July 31st.

The Signature Sriracha sandwich will be part of McDonald’s Signature Crafted Recipes sandwich line, introduced earlier this year. Customers can choose a bun, recipe and whether they want a burger, crispy chicken or grilled chicken.

The new sandwich is the first extension of the Signature Crafted Recipes line, which McDonald’s introduced to give consumers some ability to customize the menu, while also providing a more premium item. Other recipes include Pico Guacamole and Sweet BBQ Bacon.

McDonald’s will use the sandwich line to spur innovation across the menu.

“We will continue to offer Signature Crafted Recipes for burgers and chicken sandwiches that appeal to our customers’ tastes and preferences,” spokeswoman Becca Hary said in an email.

McDonald’s will also make Sriracha Mac sauce available as a dipping sauce for Chicken McNuggets and French fries, for a limited time. The chain tested Sriracha Mac sauce last year.

McDonald’s has been increasingly willing to tinker with the Big Mac in its drive to generate positive sales. This year, the chain offered three different sizes of Big Mac, which helped generate unexpectedly strong same-store sales of 1.7 percent in the first three months of the year.
http://www.nrn.com/food-trends/mcdonald-s-launch-sriracha-sandwich-nationwide

Poppy

im so fucking done with sriracha y'all

put it all in a metal box with nutella and bury it in the ground as a late aughts time capsule, we dont need it anymore

teepo

am i wrong for saying that the signature series has been pretty damn good?

not too thrilled with kale on a burger though

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Every time I've had Sriracha on anything I immediately had to use the bathroom.

But Sriracha it's so damn good.

Gaf digestive systems continue to contract bowl spattering dysentery from the mildest rectal provocation. You people appear to have your guts empty themselves like a flock of angry sparrows just from reading the Taco Bell menu.

Did they offer Breckin fries with that?

put it all in a metal box with nutella and bury it in the ground as a late aughts time capsule, we dont need it anymore

Hey, sriracha has been a standby in all vietnamese restaurants and homes for decades. When did it become a hipstery millennial stereotype condiment?

Wallach

I had one of these the other day, it was actually pretty good. Will order again. Like most decent things on McD's menu I'm sure it will disappear soon.

Z_Y

It's legit. I love Mac sauce though...I could drink it. Packed a little more heat than I expected. Been awhile since I've siracha though. Would dip again.

Hey, sriracha has been a standby in all vietnamese restaurants and homes for decades. When did it become a hipstery millennial stereotype condiment?
I'll say about two years ago that it has become a fad food item, like Nutella, fancy cupcakes, aioli, quinoa, and the others before them. Something will come along again and be all the rage.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I tried some of the sauce earlier this week, it was pretty good.

Mortemis

Banned
Gaf digestive systems continue to contract bowl spattering dysentery from the mildest rectal provocation. You people appear to have your guts empty themselves like a flock of angry sparrows just from reading the Taco Bell menu.

Did they offer Breckin fries with that?

Really though someone should do a study about GAF member's digestive systems compared to the average person and find out just what it is that has them running to the nearest toilet after just a bite.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Sriracha is actually great for cooking because it has a mild but distinct flavor and can emulsify and thicken sauces without overpowering them or adding too much spice or vinegar. It also spans Mexican southwestern and Asian cuisines flawlessly.

I really like the Maple Bacon Dijon and Sweet BBQ beef ones, but they're not good enough to be worth the price. Luckily, there are coupons for them all the time on the McD's app.

My local McD had this for a while already, but thwy recently removed it. Anyway, it tasted good enough for me to legitimately miss it when they removed it some months ago for no reason. Glad to see it's back!

Psyae

I had this last year when they were testing it, and I really enjoyed it. By far my favorite thing that was ever on the McDonalds menu. I suggest getting it with crispy chicken on an artisan roll

Poppy

you people all trying to make me seem like i am talking smack about vietnamese food and whatnot, this is MCDONALDS people

COME ON

im just saying sriracha is not the zeitgeist, i expect better from the food wizards at mcdonalds hq

i mean i switched over to the chili garlic sauce instead of sritacha and im already tired of that too!

Persona7

Banned
why does every mcdonalds thread have thread shitting about "mulan sauce"

There is a mcdonalds nearby with all those burger options on the kiosk. I should try it out sometime.

Sanjuro

Sriracha is actually great for cooking because it has a mild but distinct flavor and can emulsify and thicken sauces without overpowering them or adding too much spice or vinegar. It also spans Mexican southwestern and Asian cuisines flawlessly.

Goes great with Italian sausage sandwich.

snap

Banned
I went out and got this for lunch.

It was surprisingly great, to be honest. I was expecting something discordant, where all the ingredients fight against each other and the texture is all over the place (like the Whopper suffers from) but it worked really, really well. Even the sriracha mac sauce raised the bar in a way that was very unexpected--as someone who holds a soft spot for normal mac sauce, I really loved the punch that this brought. I asked for a sriracha mac dipping sauce but the employee misheard me and gave me a cup of old mac sauce instead. Eating it with fries, I felt disappointed that it wasn't the sriracha version, but I was already home by that point.

Solid 4/5.

Edit: And yeah, it just goes to show how constrained by price McD's is. The burger I got was $5.50, compared to ~$3.50 for a Big Mac at the same location. $2 gave them the room to breathe and up the quality noticeably.

Retro

Don't forget the fetishization of bacon. I like it as much as the next guy, but for a while there it seemed like some people worshiped at an Altar of Bacon and it was cropping up in everything.

Top Bottom