• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Health.com - Fattiest foods in the US by state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson50

I am from Saginaw and have been to the Tony's that features that gigantic BLT. That restaurant loves its bacon. The breakfast comes with a pound of bacon as a side. If you love bacon, that is the restaurant for you.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Cooter said:
Fat is so overblown. Calories and carbs are a better indication of weight gain than fat.
Surrsly. I don't even pay attention to my fat intake anymore. I don't care, and I haven't gained any weight from it. I only buy whole milk, slather butter ALL OVER my veggies when I'm not frying them in it, and I never slice fat off of my meat. I also buy chicken thighs because they are fucking cheap and taste three times better than chicken breast.

So ha.

Also: Duck is the best meat ever, and is largely so because it is fucking fat. I've heard a goose is fat too, and I really want to try one. Fatass birds are amazing.

BobsRevenge

Verdre said:
I've never even heard of some of this crap. And then listing simple things like catfish, ham, corn dogs, and lamb for some states? Odd.
Dude, I know. So disappointed with my state's pick. Ham? Really? That's all you can think of for virginia?

And lamb. Lamb chops are fatty, but how many of those dudes are you going to eat? They're tiny and relatively expensive. However, lamb chops are fucking serious meat. You have to savor those. SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

edit: btw, I have a leg of lamb in my oven right now. Gonna eat the fuck out of that in about 30 minutes.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Almost all of that shit looks disgusting. Far more terrifying than any bug thread.

vatstep said:
Almost all of that shit looks disgusting. Far more terrifying than any bug thread.

You should go to Providence and try a hot weiner, man. Get yourself a coffee milk with and finish off the meal with a Dell's Lemonade.

BobsRevenge

Mrs. Manky said:
I'm disappointed in the overuse of big franchise foods. KFC? Bob Evans? Damn those list makers were lazy.
Yeah, the double down topping it for Kentucky is a joke and an insult.

NomarTyme

Shit list is shit.

Also this should represent Southern California....
carne.jpg

Ryuukan

Scrapple would be a bad choice for PA since it's very low in fat compared to most meats. Stuff is still rank though.

I so want some NY System Wieners in RI right now. So damn good. Nothing like having a wiener prepared on the hairy arm of a big fat guy.
2i13142.jpg

besada

Banned
EvaPlusMinus said:
Dude. You ever been to the Salt Lick?

One of my only exceptions when it comes to that sort of food. Luckily, it's somewhat expensive so I only get it every couple of months.

I almost died the last time I went to the Salt Lick. So much sausage. And then cobbler. I haven't been so sick to my stomach since I was a little kid.

What went wrong in america, where did this obsession for fatty oversized food come from? It baffles my mind that fat and gross is what people consider delicious over there.

BobsRevenge

DMPrince said:
Beignets are sooo good when they are fresh <3
I like how they were like "HOLY SHIT IT HAS AS MUCH FAT AS A CHEESEBURGER FROM MCDONALDS OMGOMGOMGOMG"

Seriously? Fucking McDonalds cheeseburger is what you have to compare it to? That's nothing.

Steppenwolf said:
What went wrong in america, where did this obsession for fatty oversized food come from? It baffles my mind that fat and gross is what people consider delicious over there.
Oh stop. Other countries have shit just as bad. You guys just don't get weirdly self-conscious and make bad lists out of them.

Steppenwolf said:

Umm, you do know humans are programmed to love fat right? It's a tremendous source of energy, much like sugar, so we've been designed to love it.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
besada said:
I almost died the last time I went to the Salt Lick. So much sausage. And then cobbler. I haven't been so sick to my stomach since I was a little kid.

DEM RIBS MAN

thetechkid said:
Alertoes > Albertos, And it's carne asada fries. :lol
Shit man, don't remind me. I'd drive up to Westminster from UCI several nights a week to get me some. They're all Albertos here in the San Gabriel Valley. :(

BobsRevenge said:
Oh stop. Other countries have shit just as bad. You guys just don't get weirdly self-conscious and make bad lists out of them.

I'm serious. I don't see many obese people here and big portions are very rare. You are in denial if you don't think america has a problem with fat and oversized food. I'm just asking where this trend comes from. I cant imagine that it always was like that.

thetechkid

donkey show said:
Shit man, don't remind me. I'd drive up to Westminster from UCI several nights a week to get me some. They're all Albertos here in the San Gabriel Valley. :(

I got like 3 Albertos around my house within walking distance, and the quality of food there is so shitty, I just drive the extra 15 min and get some Alertos. Also why are they all on the same street around Westminister? :lol

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Steppenwolf said:
I'm serious. I don't see many obese people here and big portions are very rare. You are in denial if you don't think america has a problem with fat and oversized food. I'm just asking where this trend comes from. I cant imagine that it always was like that.

I love this part. There are fat people everywhere. Don't be an idiot.

I see tons of fit people here in Texas too. Hot damn, we must be the exception!

Ryuukan

Steppenwolf said:

Most foods, especially meats, are cheaper in the US than other parts of the world.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Some of these look disgusting.

And garbage plate really deserve that name. It literally looks like it's been picked up from the garbage can. Well, the gray/brown stuff at least.

And it's funny how some states have that big meat shit, when another one have a cookie.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Koodo said:
300r31t.jpg

Who would eat that shit? It looks the sandwich is vomiting.

I think it looks like a Cuthulu spawn or something.

Dear GOD I have got to get ahold of a good DeepDish pizza from Illinois or wherever~ :D Mail order expensive pizza once things cool down here slightly in GA for Fall/Winter seems likely....

I shake my head at that "cookie" though....really guys, THAT is the most ridiculously over the top chocolate chip cookie they could find? :lol I would've thought, at the very least, the jumbo Great American Chocolate Chip cookies with M&M Minis would beat that bland looking thing out. Or a Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Muffin from Atlanta Bread company---something!

Boonoo

besada said:

So good. nothing like bringing in your own cooler of beer, and going at the family style platters for the better part of an afternoon.

Buttchin

Gilby said:
not really.
Watch this lecture.

In the end it all comes down to calorie intake versus calorie expenditure...

There are reasons why one form of calories is better than others but if you eat a healthy diet rich in fruits, lean protein, veggies, good sources of fat for example from fish and eat 4000 calories worth a day you will still get fat.

Just referring to an ability to make someone fat. Healthiness However I think ur original post is more accurate.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There's some stuff that looks so fucking good, but then there's others that just don't look pleasing at all. Great stuff.

Buttchin said:

There are reasons why one form of calories is better than others but if you eat a healthy diet rich in fruits, lean protein, veggies, good sources of fat for example from fish and eat 4000 calories worth a day you will still get fat.

Did you actually watch the lecture? It was only posted 30 minutes ago.

Vyer

The Chicken Fried Steak is awesome here in Texas too. Lobster roll is intriguing. Most of the rest makes my skin crawl.

Buttchin

funkmastergeneral said:
Did you actually watch the lecture? It was only posted 30 minutes ago.

Read that book in past. I attend enough lectures don't need to spend my free time watching more.

Ps
Check my previous post for my stealth edit loo

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Buttchin said:

You missed Taube's point that saying:
deltaEnergy = caloriesIn - caloriesOut

says absolutely nothing about cause. Do children consciously calculate calories in, overeat, and that causes them to grow vertically? No, that's absurd. Growth hormone uses more calories for programmed growth, less leptin reaches the hypothalamus, hunger increases.

People that overeat probably overeat because the hypothalamus does not respond to leptin. The hypothalamus increases caloriesOut and decreases caloriesIn when it sees more leptin. The more body fat you have, the more leptin is circulating in your body.

Only a diet excessive in omega6 fats is known to break this system. Dietary fat otherwise induces satiety faster than refined carbohydrates. Especially considering fat occurs in nature with protein, and protein induces satiety the most.

The portion sizes in the first post are ridiculous, but someone with a proper metabolism would feel no need to overeat, with the exception of the sugary ones.

Celsior

Ryuukan said:
Most foods, especially meats, are cheaper in the US than other parts of the world.
Meat and chicken are America's biggest exports because of all the domestic farmland we have. Worked as a meat packer while in college for a year, American's buy so much meat and chicken it will shock you.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Ryuukan said:

Maybe. But if anything is artificially cheap, it is soy and corn based products. In particular HFCS and soybean oil. 90% of packaged foods in America are loaded with each. It's insidious.

Neodiablo22 said:
I so want some NY System Wieners in RI right now. So damn good. Nothing like having a wiener prepared on the hairy arm of a big fat guy.
2i13142.jpg

They're not supposed to make them like that anymore. You can request they use an arm sleeve or a tray. Or you can just buy the spice online or in a tourist shop and make it at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom