• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

To quote the wiki: "First introduced in 2006, an Action Base allows Gunpla kits to be displayed in aerial poses. Each Action Base comes with an arm that can be adjusted in height and angle, as well as different adapters for older Gunpla kits that do not have peg holes available."

Going by that, they should work with the older stuff, just have to use the right adapter.

This page has a good breakdown on the different types of bases, and in the pictures you can see the different adapters they come with: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Base

Failing anything else, you can always just drill a hole for the regular adapter.

Bombless

Group shot

Smaller:
18722828_1665091843800347_9221635581577003008_n.jpg

Should be able to fit the Strike RM in the middle with some readjusting. I hope.

Jesus approves.

I don't know how long it will be, but with the sudden focus on SEED for MG kits, I wouldn't be surprised if a 2.0 of the Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice come along one day. Just depends on how patient you are.

Only have the legs left to do on the Aegis. And, yeah, I don't think I'm ever going to transform this...

I think I'd be willing to hold out on the Strike Freedom. More likely to go with an MG Aile Strike first.

I did start on the HG Zaku I Char version. This is going to be a real test for me in getting decals on considering a lot of them are tiny as fuck. Definitely taking my time with this one anyway.

Also finally completed my Gundam model for the month: The F91. I think I posted about it before, but here he is fully detailed, decaled, and the base painted. Figured it'd be a decent practice run for painting the White Ogre later this summer.

So, while watching Gundam X I've been noticing something with my Right Stuf DVD copies. Dialogue said off-screen doesn't play. There are subtitles that indicate Jamil or someone is talking off screen, and characters react, but it's like a certain audio track is missing. At first I thought it was my DVD player, but I've also tried those scenes in my computer and the dialogue is still absent. Is that just a thing with this release or do I perhaps have bum copies or something?

So, while watching Gundam X I've been noticing something with my Right Stuf DVD copies. Dialogue said off-screen doesn't play. There are subtitles that indicate Jamil or someone is talking off screen, and characters react, but it's like a certain audio track is missing. At first I thought it was my DVD player, but I've also tried those scenes in my computer and the dialogue is still absent. Is that just a thing with this release or do I perhaps have bum copies or something?

That's weird, I don't remember any of that. You mean you don't ear character talking when they should? If it's a problem I never noticed.

That's weird, I don't remember any of that. You mean you don't ear character talking when they should? If it's a problem I never noticed.

Sort of, I'll be more specific. For example. In episode 11 when Garrod is out on the ice, Jamil convincing him to go get the Gundam Control Stick, Garrod nabs it and shouts out that he did it. Jamil then shouts Garrod's name from off screen and Garrod turns to see him.

On my copy at least Jamil's dialogue has no audio, but he's clearly said something because the subtitles and Garrod's reaction give it away.

EDIT: Weird. It didn't work correctly in my PC Laptop, or in my DVD Player, but the audio track played fine in my PS3. So weird.

Gundam Turn A update now in the "second season." Woah that got serious quick with the introduction of
nukes
and I'm glad it got more serious with the realization that they were still out there. Also like the introspection of only the characters who were there and the characters who think big picture realize how dang bad they are, while everyone else just sees them as a best way to win.

Sochie is starting to grow on me a bit. I still don't like her, but I also think its partly how her scenes are written. Dianna staying a boss though. Seriously dig the pace, setting, and situation of this show.

Still no Turn X! I always hear about how people love the Turn X gunpla so I was hoping this would convince me to pick it up but man were almost 30 episodes deep and the pilot has only been mentioned but not shown!

Bombless

I'm working on the HG Tryon at the moment, kinda crazy how more complex of a kit it is compared to the HG Aile Strike. The thing has twice the sprues. Enjoying this build way more.

First build turned out alright. Fumbled a lot with trimming and panel lining, but I thought I got better as I got further in. Looking forward to finding time to do another build, but probably not all at once like this one.

First build turned out alright. Fumbled a lot with trimming and panel lining, but I thought I got better as I got further in. Looking forward to finding time to do another build, but probably not all at once like this one.

That is some really nice, subtle panel lining. Most people go overboard with the lining the first time, so good job avoiding that pitfall.

Key Visual for the next TB episode
DBIk4HcVYAAZT7n.jpg

I'm really glad they're keeping Io's GM scene and not putting him in one of the Ground Gundams. Finally, a GM will get its chance in the spotlight

Really enjoyed the Child Not-Char Cyber Newtype arc. I like that Garrod finally shaped up and has improved as a pilot. I also enjoyed learning a little bit more about the war and that there are still factions lying in wait.

One thing that bothers me visually is how boring the backgrounds tend to be. Especially aboard Jamil's ship it seems like most rooms are just metal squares with maybe one or two objects/tables strewn about. It's not a big deal, and they get to get around it by framing the characters tight but it is a little disappointing.

I really loved the Witz centric episode, was nice to see him and the other for hire pilot get some more depth and development.

The Dolphin arc was a bit weird, but in general I could get behind it. I think they might be my least enjoyed episodes so far though.

RangerBAD

IIRC it's in July.

Also its looks like they're going to end this season of Thunderbolt with the 2 big action sequences from parts of Volume 5 and 7. Also, they added in a few anime original scenes.

Daryl's Acguy is kinda cool. I didn't expect them to bring back the seismic sensor from 08th MS Team

Be warned Axis is five 3 minute episodes with the sixth being 8 minutes. There's barely anything to adapt. Bandai throwing money at series that have barely begun and still ignoring Crossbone.

Be warned Axis is five 3 minute episodes with the sixth being 8 minutes. There's barely anything to adapt. Bandai throwing money at series that have barely begun and still ignoring Crossbone.

Wow really? That's it? I thought it was full 25-30 min episodes. That's a downer.

Paltheos

Really enjoyed the Child Not-Char Cyber Newtype arc. I like that Garrod finally shaped up and has improved as a pilot. I also enjoyed learning a little bit more about the war and that there are still factions lying in wait.

The real question is: Did you love the Bertigo and think it's a cooler Qubeley clone than the Qubeley itself?
And do you mourn that never in the coldest days of hell will we get a decent model of it? :(

What is it? I can't watch the video now

1/72 Millennium Falcon. Which would explain why I didn't see it on gundamkitscollection when I checked their site this morning.

The real question is: Did you love the Bertigo and think it's a cooler Qubeley clone than the Qubeley itself?
And do you mourn that never in the coldest days of hell will we get a decent model of it? :(

1/72 Millennium Falcon. Which would explain why I didn't see it on gundamkitscollection when I checked their site this morning.

I hadn't thought about it until you said something... why can't I stop crying now?

Well that looks cool, it'll probably be a 40,000 yen P-Bandai exclusive and they'll make 4 of them.

BearChair

GNOR

6By1

LYeO

I wanted to share my latest model build. It's my first time experimenting with weathering, and I'm not sure how it turned out.

My thought process was that I wanted to build a robot that looked like it has been in the forest and had seen some stuff Conceivably there should be more weathering on the legs and arms IMHO.

One somewhat before weathering

vcpM

TheFlow

Banned
Are we talking about Robotech or Macross because that'll determine what reaction gif you're getting.

Macross* the original saga.

EDIT:

GREAT JOB GUYS ON the build! The gundam seed display by Sum zero, the F91, and that zaku 2 <3. great stuff all around. Gunpla reddit is a great place to post finished builds.

Macross* the original saga.

EDIT:

GREAT JOB GUYS ON the build! The gundam seed display by Sum zero, the F91, and that zaku 2 <3. great stuff all around. Gunpla reddit is a great place to post finished builds.

So, do you mean Robotech: The Macross Saga, or Super Dimension Fortress Macross? Because I believe both are on there and the latter is what you should be watching.

And thanks! End of the month I'll be getting MG Aile Strike RM to finish the display.

TheFlow

Banned
So, do you mean Robotech: The Macross Saga, or Super Dimension Fortress Macross? Because I believe both are on there and the latter is what you should be watching.

And thanks! End of the month I'll be getting MG Aile Strike RM to finish the display.
The robotech one. What's the difference besides subs

The robotech one. What's the difference besides subs

Character name changes, edited scenes, story and terminology changes. To get too specific would require spoilers.

SDF Macross is the original. Robotech is the westernized version (think like how GoLion became Voltron, or how Zyuranger became Power Rangers). It's not just an english dub.

TheFlow

Banned
Character name changes, edited scenes, story and terminology changes. To get too specific would require spoilers.

SDF Macross is the original. Robotech is the westernized version (think like how GoLion became Voltron, or how Zyuranger became Power Rangers). It's not just an english dub.
Not going to lie I loved voltron and power rangers. Might stick with the sub since I gotten used to the voices

Top Bottom