• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
i9j4qMh2FI755.png

iFukMOXOP1C8q.png

scitek

Try, as mentioned above - it's a cointoss whether or not it works but I'm on 310.64 drivers.

capturelyutf.png

Remember to copy every setting.

At your own risk that is :p

Damn, this works, and I even found a way on Guru3D to get 3840x2160 working at 60Hz, but it only gives me Limited RGB and not Full, so everything's washed-out looking. :( Usually if you put 60.001 as the refresh rate, it'll fix that, but not with anything higher than 3200x1800.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Next gen object motion blur right here.
ECy3M.png

Removed the green bars from sides.
pdxJO.png

God what are you doing, IMGUR? No ANTI-ALIASING? Did you even APPLY Sweet FX?! What utter trash. I don't think I see even a single lens flare.

/TongueInCheek

Is the web slinging beautiful Spider Man 2 perfection of building attachment and wondrous momentum, or is it super nerfed casual cloud web slinging for dudebros.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is the web slinging beautiful Spider Man 2 perfection of building attachment and wondrous momentum, or is it super nerfed casual cloud web slinging for dudebros.

It's trying to accurately simulate the web swinging from the 60's cartoon.

Spazznid

I, for some odd reason, dislike AO with HL2 Vanila....

Is that wrong of me?

Other than my small gripe, those shots are nice.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hello Corky, I would like to know how do you do a custom resolution like that? I have a Dell U3011 and 1080p Samsung.

Sorry for the late reply man, went to bed but I see others helped you out. I'm thinking of making a thread here on gaf showing the steps on how to do some downsampling.

Holy crap, thanks for this! ME looks friggin' amazing. Wanted to know, did you overclock your card?

You're welcome :), yeah I oc'ed my 670 to 1300 mhz, if you're referring to my " and I get 60 fps " statement keep in mind that it's not 100% without drops. Then again nothing is.

Damn, this works, and I even found a way on Guru3D to get 3840x2160 working at 60Hz, but it only gives me Limited RGB and not Full, so everything's washed-out looking. :( Usually if you put 60.001 as the refresh rate, it'll fix that, but not with anything higher than 3200x1800.

respekknuckles.jpg

Good shit, glad it's working. Keep me in mind if you level up your resolution to something above that without any trade-offs :) ( like losing full rgb range)

You're welcome :), yeah I oc'ed my 670 to 1300 mhz, if you're referring to my " and I get 60 fps " statement keep in mind that it's nothing 100% without drops. Then again nothing is.

Gotcha', OC'ed up to 1200 on the core and 3500 on the mem. Considering flashing it to bump it up a bit more.

Not going to say I'm floored by this shot, but I am. It looks friggin' great. Like a slightly processed DSLR shot.

Patita

Neo Member
Sorry for the late reply man, went to bed but I see others helped you out. I'm thinking of making a thread here on gaf showing the steps on how to do some downsampling.

No problem man, it was 4 AM in here when I wrote that. about the thread, go for it, you'll do us a great favor.

KKRT00

Nope, I just still havent changed my monitor :) Maybe i'll manage to do it before Crysis 3, will see, i need new GPU too though.

legacyzero

Banned
I havn't played Mirrors Edge on my new rig yet, so I havn't been able to downsample shots with it. I should check that out.

While the environments look good, I always feel that due to the lighting solution character models look really really out of place. They are lit differently

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Stunning shots Corky!

Thanks man :) !

While the environments look good, I always feel that due to the lighting solution character models look really really out of place. They are lit differently

I rationalize that by thinking that a) ( if you're referring to Kylen's 3rd person shots ) the game wasn't made to play in 3rd person and b) you meet so few people in the game. For good reason.

Thanks man :) !

I rationalize that by thinking that a) ( if you're referring to Kylen's 3rd person shots ) the game wasn't made to play in 3rd person and b) you meet so few people in the game. For good reason.

Oh I know that! Your shots are wonderful corky. I meant really the chracter models for the enemy soldier types. Those shots of faith just highlight the lighting being stagnant for moving objects.

KKRT00

Because they are :) Environments have prebaked high quality GI, characters normal UE solution.

Top Bottom