• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

My free roll in this PAD Island was some plant lady. Is there anyone in this batch that's a must-have?
Not really. Beach Artemis has a rare attribute absorb break active... well it was rare until JP introduced a full pantheon with the active. Beach Fujin is nice but not a strict replacement for the regular one.

bjork

Not really. Beach Artemis has a rare attribute absorb break active... well it was rare until JP introduced a full pantheon with the active. Beach Fujin is nice but not a strict replacement for the regular one.

Got it. Gonna skip it, then. I think I went in enough on the FF machine to keep me busy for awhile.

Aesnath

Free roll on summer was surfer goemon--who is actually a dupe. Probably not doing any more rolls. If this had come around during the summer, I might have. But now, I have enough options for Meri that I don't think it is worth the trouble.

So my friend, who rolled yog, has been trying to get me to coop with him. We discovered the the red brave blade 2 has similar activation requirements and we have been running with that. However, it all feels a bit janky, and the max multiplier of 180 actually feels a bit weak overall. Bigger problem is losing the second yog active, as it is incredibly hard to heal back up from hits or gravities. I might try to make light ney, to make up some ground, but I'm not sure.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Main got Navi, alt got Tachibana.

Really is a universal constant that the alt always gets the better rolls.

jiggle

Played around a little with Erdeal
I found out i can actually consistently make 7-8 rainbow combos on 5x6 board
When i have 16.5seconds lol XD

W-00

Free roll on my main was 3k MP, also known as Armadel. My alt got the same, except it hadn't gotten her previously so she was kept rather than sold off. Great way to convince me to stay out of the REM this time, GungHo.

Seen some teams mentioned like DMeta, Kirin Dragon/Amenominakanushi, and Awoken Inahime. I'll try Inahime if I can find a friend, or DMeta.

I put Awoken Inahime up on my alt. I think we're already friends, but the ID is 300,517,447 if we're not.

Jagernaut

Free roll on my main was 3k MP, also known as Armadel. My alt got the same, except it hadn't gotten her previously so she was kept rather than sold off. Great way to convince me to stay out of the REM this time, GungHo.

I put Awoken Inahime up on my alt. I think we're already friends, but the ID is 300517447 if we're not.

I sent you a friend request.

b33r

I was looking through my JP account, haven't been paying attention to it much other than doing what's new in special dungeons. Realized I have an Ameno and 2 Julie's heh. Don't have the light subs for an Ameno team, but lots of good blue ones. Want to try out Julie. I was looking because I pulled green Ney just now. I'm thinking of making the blue one out of her and making a Julie team. People that play Julie, what are good subs?

jiggle

I was looking through my JP account, haven't been paying attention to it much other than doing what's new in special dungeons. Realized I have an Ameno and 2 Julie's heh. Don't have the light subs for an Ameno team, but lots of good blue ones. Want to try out Julie. I was looking because I pulled green Ney just now. I'm thinking of making the blue one out of her and making a Julie team. People that play Julie, what are good subs?
Please dont remove ilmina

Edit: oh wait it`s blade that uses ilminana XD

W-00

I was doing good with Inahime but ran out of time when I was taking out Odin through his shield. Those stupid preemptives waste valuable seconds.

Yeah, same here. I just tried again, and managed to one-shot Odin, but ran out of time at exactly that moment. If only there was a way to skip through the preempts (or at least hurry them up) I would've made it.

Bladelaw

Skipped the Ras trial, threw 150 stam at it trying to get a feel for it but no luck.

Beach pulls:
Main: Tachibana (woo)
Alt: Goemon (actually needed)
Wife: Armadel (useful on her Balthier team I guess?)

Not pulling any more on it.

Jagernaut

Yeah, same here. I just tried again, and managed to one-shot Odin, but ran out of time at exactly that moment. If only there was a way to skip through the preempts (or at least hurry them up) I would've made it.

I tried one more time and ran out of time after doing the kill shot on Ras. A few seconds more for the animations and I would have cleared it. Sucks.

I just finished 2 very smooth and successful A3 runs with BHunter coop and it feels so good, like I have finally arrived at the ability to farm A3. Landed devil and dragon killers too!

Aesnath

Skipped the Ras trial, threw 150 stam at it trying to get a feel for it but no luck.

Beach pulls:
Main: Tachibana (woo)
Alt: Goemon (actually needed)
Wife: Armadel (useful on her Balthier team I guess?)

Not pulling any more on it.

How is balthier? I actually drew one and I feel...unsure about it. I mean is it worth the trouble? I like that the shield should be usable on most boards and is only tied to 9x damage. My reservation about it is that 5o1e really seems to be a bit limiting. I mean, you can have too many orbs or not enough or no enhanced--lot of ways to screw it up.

Bladelaw

How is balthier? I actually drew one and I feel...unsure about it. I mean is it worth the trouble? I like that the shield should be usable on most boards and is only tied to 9x damage. My reservation about it is that 5o1e really seems to be a bit limiting. I mean, you can have too many orbs or not enough or no enhanced--lot of ways to screw it up.

He's fine. He won't top the meta or anything but a tankier Ryomi is nice. The only other viable leads my wife has (that can pair with me) are Diablos, Ilmina, Oichi, and Robin Hood. Diablos is OP but it gets tiring having to 8c every floor of every dungeon. Balthier is a little easier as a 5o1e is often enough for trash floors and the rainbow match means team building is pretty easy for her.

EDIT: Anyone have a solution for Yamatsumi 90 seconds? I've gotten close with Meri and Ameno/Arondight but if the globe spawns on any floor but 2 I'm screwed.

EDIT2: Did it with Revo Liu Bei, Avalon Drake, NY Tengu (Australis), Dios, Dios, Revo Liu Bei

it is NO WAY consistent, requires 6 natural green orbs on either floor 1 or 5, a decent drake board on Floor 2 (basically swipe and pray), and decent drop luck on lights, hearts, and darks. Globe requires active so it spawning on fl1 or 5 is bad.

FL1: row kills
FL2: Drake swipe, pray
FL3: Liu Bei or Australis depending on how many lights vs darks there are
FL4: Liu Bei or Australis depending on previous floor, row +2 kills
FL5: row kills, 8+ blob also works
FL6: Dios
FL7: Dios

In the end, like Ras it's not worth farming and probably not worth the stone unless you get super lucky or have nothing better to do with your stamina.

Jagernaut

I tried this team 3 times but ran out of time, it's heavily dependent on rng, skyfalls eat up time and so do the preempts.

RLB
Super Gunma (Leeza)
Avalon Drake
Dios
Dios
RLB

The clock not stopping for preempts or animations sucks.

Bladelaw

I tried this team 3 times but ran out of time, it's heavily dependent on rng, skyfalls eat up time and so do the preempts.

RLB
Super Gunma (Leeza)
Avalon Drake
Dios
Dios
RLB

The clock not stopping for preempts or animations sucks.

I'm hoping the animation times/preemptives are built into the time given. It would explain why some are two minutes and others are 90 seconds. That said it feels like the game cheats you out of a victory as the timer counts down as you're still dealing damage to the boss even dropping the egg at the end only to GAME OVER you. I hope if they do the time attack thing again that they modify it so the timer stops when you drop the orb on the final floor.

Bladelaw

Did the new update fix iOS 11 compatibility? My wife's about due for a new phone (old iPhone 6 won't hold a charge).

Also I think I'm running out of things to do in game until we get new evos. The big thing that keeps me coming back is different playstyles and I've basically worn all the existing ones out. Awoken Raph has been pretty fun but gets tedious after a while. I will say having two raph shields to work with dramatically opens up stalling possibilities. Also I need to reset my brain after playing him because it's so different than almost every other lead.

The next thing I'm really hoping for is the Fenrir Uevos. I have a couple team ideas ready to try (even made dark Ney!) so hopefully that's coming soon.

Aesnath

He's fine. He won't top the meta or anything but a tankier Ryomi is nice. The only other viable leads my wife has (that can pair with me) are Diablos, Ilmina, Oichi, and Robin Hood. Diablos is OP but it gets tiring having to 8c every floor of every dungeon. Balthier is a little easier as a 5o1e is often enough for trash floors and the rainbow match means team building is pretty easy for her.

I've been playing around with balthier. It is fun at any rate. I didn't realize you could chain the leader's actives to have 50% enhanced skyfall constantly. I'm actually not sure if that is a good way to play it either.

(This will sound odd, but...)Would your wife be interested being friends to occasionally run the lead? He isn't in either of my main slots, so it would just be sometimes.

Anyway, for reference, my friend ID is:335,413,460

Bladelaw

I've been playing around with balthier. It is fun at any rate. I didn't realize you could chain the leader's actives to have 50% enhanced skyfall constantly. I'm actually not sure if that is a good way to play it either.

(This will sound odd, but...)Would your wife be interested being friends to occasionally run the lead? He isn't in either of my main slots, so it would just be sometimes.

Anyway, for reference, my friend ID is:335,413,460

I'll have her add. account name is Blade8 just so you don't auto drop her. She pulled him on the last day so he's unskilled but otherwise hypered. If anyone has spare Balthier weapons I'd take them I think she needs three.

jiggle

Nice
Kinda suspected they would do a gachadra event for dragonbound
10 more free stones and a tournament

Gungho really wants ppl rolling in this it seems

Leaderswap 6x7 is gonna be the new meta

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I wanna get Blue Myr it just sucks that she didnt recieve any buffs. Any reason to still get her ?

Jagernaut

I tried BHunter coop for the first time in Gathering of Talents 2 and got the Camael invade. I don't have any gemstone princesses so he will be a nice boost for wood (R Liu Bei) and fire row teams, just have to invest 15 red piis.

Bladelaw

I wanna get Blue Myr it just sucks that she didnt recieve any buffs. Any reason to still get her ?

I'm in the same boat. The biggest reason to get her is easy pixel boards for non water teams. Low cooldown, inheritable, and change the world makes it pretty brainless. Wee Jas and Halloween Xiang Mei do the same thing, wee jas has a higher cooldown, but consistent placement where HXM has a lower cooldown, haste, and the random placement might make it easier to pixel off a section of board. Also 6 hearts is better than 7 hearts since you get more damage that way.

She's still a fine lead in her own right and on a Meri team will let you survive a full beelz board with just 6 hearts (I found out the hard way in JP). Is she worth 500k MP? Especially with Light heradra on the horizon? I guess it depends on your box. My light box is stacked, but so is my blue.

So to turn it around, why do you want to get her? I want her for another option as a blue lead that has other applications. She'll be around next time beach comes up and might actually get an upgrade at that point to make her relevant. So if you don't have an immediate use for her now I'd hold off.

EDIT: Ronove and Acubens splits on instagram!

Aesnath

I'm in the same boat. The biggest reason to get her is easy pixel boards for non water teams. Low cooldown, inheritable, and change the world makes it pretty brainless. Wee Jas and Halloween Xiang Mei do the same thing, wee jas has a higher cooldown, but consistent placement where HXM has a lower cooldown, haste, and the random placement might make it easier to pixel off a section of board. Also 6 hearts is better than 7 hearts since you get more damage that way.

She's still a fine lead in her own right and on a Meri team will let you survive a full beelz board with just 6 hearts (I found out the hard way in JP). Is she worth 500k MP? Especially with Light heradra on the horizon? I guess it depends on your box. My light box is stacked, but so is my blue.

So to turn it around, why do you want to get her? I want her for another option as a blue lead that has other applications. She'll be around next time beach comes up and might actually get an upgrade at that point to make her relevant. So if you don't have an immediate use for her now I'd hold off.

EDIT: Ronove and Acubens splits on instagram!

I kinda don't think they ever upgrade MP-collab offerings significantly. Or, at least, they haven't since I've been playing.

As for ronnie, I suspect he's still pretty usable; the fact that he has flexible subs and now has options for better damage or a better shield, probably puts him back a the top of the 5* GFE pack (as a lead).

It is a bit sad for Gremory, as she probably got less of a buff than he did, despite her rarity (less damage on damaging form, can't always mix the forms due to typing exclusion, no new awakenings). Honestly, that "buff" she got a while back really seemed to have hurt her. I mean, the rows were always questionable, but now that she does need more than a 144x multiplier, rows are even worse and she has no room for new awakenings.

Godfest got announced. The pantheons are a bit mixed, but with the carnival going on, it probably isn't a bad value proposition.

Bladelaw

EDIT: OH SHIT WERE GETTING +30 DESCENDS AND TAMA PAL! (or at leas EU is and we should be too)

I couldn't say about collab MP offerings but I have to imagine they'll want to keep the 500k mp tier enticing. Bmyr is just shy of usable in the end game meta. 7c and absurd HP pools of the highest end content keeps her from the top tier but she's still plenty good for clearing almost anything else and makes a great partner in 3p UDR if the player is decent.

GF is good. Bad for me since none of the pantheons on offer are anything I need.
Day 1: Samurai 1 and Mech Star 1
Akechi is still the best thing here but the whole pantheon is good. Sanada would be better if red had a meta lead. Mori is an amazing inherit for any meta water team and also works as a sub. Ishida has the same board as Oichi and wood ney but is way easier to roll. Keiji is probably the only bad roll in this pantheon only because recent collabs have made unlockers much more obtainable. Still refresh shenanigans can be fun and useful in the occasional ranking.

Mech Star 1 is still kind of weak but Spica and Pollux have solid homes these days (Rag Drag and Ameno). High attack and God Killer with 2 SBR + 2 SB sub forms are often great place holders or good flex fillers.

Day 2: Indian 2 (Ganesha), Wisdom Kings (Acala)
Indian 2 is a solid pantheon, Vishnu isn't as good as he used to be with 7c all over the place triple TPA can feel a little limp (that powercreep though...), Krishna's a great starter lead in uuevo form and a decent sub and inherit in his awoken but nothing stellar by today's standards, Sarasvati is great, fits on almost any water team. Her uuevo form has 2 te and 3 sb making her a great choice for an inherit base, her awoken form is a mega glass cannon but lacks some of the same awakening punch her uuevo form has. I do prefer the awoken active though. Durga's a good starter rainbow lead in either awoken or uuevo form. Awoken is also an excellent DMeta inherit to get into the butter zone of HP. Ganesha offers unique utility unmatched in NA, uuevo pumps XP and gold as lead and awoken provides a board unlock and damage negation while fitting on tricky machine teams. Probably the biggest reason to pull if you don't have one.

Wisdom Kings were a flash in the pan meta wise. Acala still hits really hard (and even harder if we get inheritable leader swap), Trailo is still one of the best gravities, Vajray and Vajrab are still decent for blasting though normal challenge modes. Kundali is the only one I've found a use for outside of leadership and niche inherits. They all have coop boost so they work amazingly well there. At this point though I don't think any of them are worth pulling for specifically. Acala is a fun lead, trailo is fun but there's better combo leads, and while Kundali's active is good (and double SBR is nice on Meri) it's not much different from Hermes so I'd be happy to pull him, but I wouldn't go out of my way chasing him.

The GFE split is obnoxious. If you want a shot at FUA pull day 1, if you need Fujin, pull day 2. I'm pulling once for ameno and it'll be day 2. I figure one pull per GF until we get the dragon bound REM then I can go all out.

Aesnath

EDIT: OH SHIT WERE GETTING +30 DESCENDS AND TAMA PAL! (or at leas EU is and we should be too)

I couldn't say about collab MP offerings but I have to imagine they'll want to keep the 500k mp tier enticing. Bmyr is just shy of usable in the end game meta. 7c and absurd HP pools of the highest end content keeps her from the top tier but she's still plenty good for clearing almost anything else and makes a great partner in 3p UDR if the player is decent.

GF is good. Bad for me since none of the pantheons on offer are anything I need.
Day 1: Samurai 1 and Mech Star 1
Akechi is still the best thing here but the whole pantheon is good. Sanada would be better if red had a meta lead. Mori is an amazing inherit for any meta water team and also works as a sub. Ishida has the same board as Oichi and wood ney but is way easier to roll. Keiji is probably the only bad roll in this pantheon only because recent collabs have made unlockers much more obtainable. Still refresh shenanigans can be fun and useful in the occasional ranking.

Mech Star 1 is still kind of weak but Spica and Pollux have solid homes these days (Rag Drag and Ameno). High attack and God Killer with 2 SBR + 2 SB sub forms are often great place holders or good flex fillers.

Day 2: Indian 2 (Ganesha), Wisdom Kings (Acala)
Indian 2 is a solid pantheon, Vishnu isn't as good as he used to be with 7c all over the place triple TPA can feel a little limp (that powercreep though...), Krishna's a great starter lead in uuevo form and a decent sub and inherit in his awoken but nothing stellar by today's standards, Sarasvati is great, fits on almost any water team. Her uuevo form has 2 te and 3 sb making her a great choice for an inherit base, her awoken form is a mega glass cannon but lacks some of the same awakening punch her uuevo form has. I do prefer the awoken active though. Durga's a good starter rainbow lead in either awoken or uuevo form. Awoken is also an excellent DMeta inherit to get into the butter zone of HP. Ganesha offers unique utility unmatched in NA, uuevo pumps XP and gold as lead and awoken provides a board unlock and damage negation while fitting on tricky machine teams. Probably the biggest reason to pull if you don't have one.

Wisdom Kings were a flash in the pan meta wise. Acala still hits really hard (and even harder if we get inheritable leader swap), Trailo is still one of the best gravities, Vajray and Vajrab are still decent for blasting though normal challenge modes. Kundali is the only one I've found a use for outside of leadership and niche inherits. They all have coop boost so they work amazingly well there. At this point though I don't think any of them are worth pulling for specifically. Acala is a fun lead, trailo is fun but there's better combo leads, and while Kundali's active is good (and double SBR is nice on Meri) it's not much different from Hermes so I'd be happy to pull him, but I wouldn't go out of my way chasing him.

The GFE split is obnoxious. If you want a shot at FUA pull day 1, if you need Fujin, pull day 2. I'm pulling once for ameno and it'll be day 2. I figure one pull per GF until we get the dragon bound REM then I can go all out.

I'm tempted to roll a little on day one, simply because I have none of the Mech star 1 gods; have all of the samurai though. Day 2 has ganesha, who I still don't have and sarasvati, who has uses. I also don't have Kundali, but I doubt that I need him. The GFE are a bit of a toss-up, as I really don't want Fujin #5 or Green Sonia #7, but I'd still like Kaede #3. I feel like the game is trolling me sometimes.

As for MP lead buffs, over the year and a half I've played, I've seen people constantly suggest that MP offerings from collabs tend to get few/no buffs. To be fair, the one's I have witnessed suggest that is close to the case, looking at XMas Sonia (minimal change), B.Myr (no change), B. Clair (minimal change), Galuca (no change), that Fist of north star person (minimal or nothing), School Kirin, etc. It is also worth mentioning that the only MP cards that seem to have received significant upgrades are the original MP dragons, so I don't know if they are exceptions or the rule.

Bladelaw

I'm tempted to roll a little on day one, simply because I have none of the Mech star 1 gods; have all of the samurai though. Day 2 has ganesha, who I still don't have and sarasvati, who has uses. I also don't have Kundali, but I doubt that I need him. The GFE are a bit of a toss-up, as I really don't want Fujin #5 or Green Sonia #7, but I'd still like Kaede #3. I feel like the game is trolling me sometimes.

As for MP lead buffs, over the year and a half I've played, I've seen people constantly suggest that MP offerings from collabs tend to get few/no buffs. To be fair, the one's I have witnessed suggest that is close to the case, looking at XMas Sonia (minimal change), B.Myr (no change), B. Clair (minimal change), Galuca (no change), that Fist of north star person (minimal or nothing), School Kirin, etc. It is also worth mentioning that the only MP cards that seem to have received significant upgrades are the original MP dragons, so I don't know if they are exceptions or the rule.
Wasn't Halloween Xiang Mei an MP card? Why am I remembering her getting a buff? Am I thinking of another card?

Also Rag Drag isn't part of the initial crop of MP dragons and got a pretty powerful upgrade. You definitely have a point on collabs in general though.

W-00

Looks like I'll be able to skip the GF. Both accounts already have Sanada, at least two Akechi, and Acala. My main would like a Ganesha, but it isn't touching an Indian 2 GF with an 11-foot pole unless there's another awesome pantheon up there with it. It just isn't worth the risk of a fourth Sarasvati.

Oh, looks like the 5* or higher carnival has already started. But it's listed as ending at the end of the day. Probably a bug, or else someone put up the wrong thing.

Kyuur

Can someone refresh me on how enhanced orbs interact with orb changers? Do enhanced orbs on the field stayed enhanced after changing, do changed orbs have a change of being enhanced if you have the relevant awoken?

image.png
image.png

buzzer beater 9月C10 clear

ya JP is half a day ahead of NA so everything rotates out sooner. The half hour was me sitting there trying to make hyper extra sure I could hit a reliable 8c + 2 dark prong + HP on that board lol

Ducarmel

I did not notice I hit 1500 days a couple of days ago on my NA account, just been logging in and doing whatever daily challenge is available that i can bother to do.

I completely ignored the monthly challenge just did the easy non tech for the stone, just to many games to play and so little time PAD is just on my back log. It probably does not help that i have a NA main and JP main with alt accounts to match, so I lose patients with pads bs pretty quick..

bjork

New characters:
Apocalypse
Archangel Gabriel
Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
Heroic Yinyang Swordpair, Gan Jiang & Mo Ye

Lots of light in these pulls, maybe I should look at a light team at some point.

Top Bottom