• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

I don't see any, and I would recognize them as an ex/current/future shitposter against this game :)

I know you may not completely love the game or even like it.

But I am glad you tried it, and gave it an honest go.

Which means I am far more likely to listen to someones criticism based on their experience of the product.

This is why I like community side more.

Toa TAK

Banned
I know you may not completely love the game or even like it.

But I am glad you tried it, and gave it an honest go.

Which means I am far more likely to listen to someones criticism based on their experience of the product.

This is why I like community side more.

Even ME?

just played cargo run, was picking up the cargo and three enemies spawned right in the base next to me and gunned me down

StarWars.jpg

MrDaravon

That feeling when you decide to play Turning Point to maybe try and get some AT-ST trample kills and it puts you on a godtier team that never lets the other team get past even the first checkpoint so the walkers are never in play lol. What's worse is I'm playing like shit and going like 3-10 every game so I'm just getting carried. Man.

MrDaravon

Newbie question - Double XP effectively means double credits right? I'm already at 60, but if this means more or less double credits that's still exciting, I think I'm something like 375,000 credits short of buying all skins/emotes lol.

Ozorov

Newbie question - Double XP effectively means double credits right? I'm already at 60, but if this means more or less double credits that's still exciting, I think I'm something like 375,000 credits short of buying all skins/emotes lol.

Yup it does

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Didn't Outer Rim released in late march? And Doom and U4 in May? :((((

No excuses!

Yes, I was in the process of a new TV set, and work. I only played Outer Rim a couple of weeks ago for about 2 hours (for the first time mind you, lol). I am so in on that triple dip tho!

Is it this weekend?

PrankT

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
June 12-14, Sunday-Tuesday.

The wording is weird. Watch you only get 3x xp/credits for a single match.

Star Wars™ Battlefront™
Players who complete any multiplayer match from June 12-14 can participate in the 3X Score Event, earning triple score and credits.

http://www.ea.com/play2016/play-to-...ocial&****=6886&ts=1465498807176&sf46830717=1

Nice, thanks.

And hopefully not just one match. It seems they want people buffed up to take advantage of the next level increase come Bespin.

Am I right in thinking the majority of people don't use heavy blasters, I mainly see pistols, tracking rifles and blasters

what gives? Rt-7c or whatever seems decent, maybe a bit low on the dmg side

5taquitos

Am I right in thinking the majority of people don't use heavy blasters, I mainly see pistols, tracking rifles and blasters

I've never been able to perform reliably with the DLT-19 or RT-97C. I rarely see a reason to pick them over a standard blaster or a pistol for cqc. Even in places like the Hoth hallways, they just don't seem that useful.

Edit: Somewhat related, I'm interested to see what the EE-4 is like. I'm assuming it's a variant of the EE-3, maybe full auto instead of burst?

RyanW

That triple xp/credit grind should be fun and a good reason to come back in prep for Bespin. Gotta try and stock up for contracts and get all the skins & emotes.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

The DLT-19 is pretty accurate for a heavy blaster and I still see that as a popular weapon people use in larger modes.

Otherwise, yeah, you're not really wrong in your observation. I feel like heavy weapons in general FPS MP modes get an unneeded negative reputation too, but it sticks out in this game.

PrankT

RT-97c was awesome before it got nerfed. Now it's still good, but there's not much reason to use it instead of anything else.

MrDaravon

what's the difference between the rt and dlt? dlt-19 seems worse in every way on paper...

As far as I can tell the DLT-19 stays pretty dead accurate while the RT-97 kicks around some. If I'm doing Heavy Blaster kill challenges I'll usually use the DLT on big open maps and the RT on smaller more indoor maps.

MrDaravon

The T-21 is the only heavy blaster I use when I go for challenges.

I probably need to give that one another go, but the super slow ROF sniper-ish type weapons are not my thing usually, I like to play a more closer to mid-range game. That said on bigger maps getting killed by players a million miles away on a hill using the T-21 is a thing for sure.

Orcus

I probably need to give that one another go, but the super slow ROF sniper-ish type weapons are not my thing usually, I like to play a more closer to mid-range game. That said on bigger maps getting killed by players a million miles away on a hill using the T-21 is a thing for sure.
I use the T21 sometimes when I play a midrange position around an objective. I don't really do much long range work with it. It's also a 2 shot kill in close, so you can sometimes hold your own in short range engagements. I really don't like the T21B though, the damage reduction it has to balance the zoom isn't with it in my opinion.

Orcus

You can increase the rate of fire if you use it as semi-auto vs. auto, still overheats pretty quick though.

MADGAME

I love me some T-21 on the first 2 phases of Walker Assault on Sullust and Hoth. Fantastic mid-range weapon, with ideal damage range bleeding into both the long and short ends of mid-range. Great accuracy too, although longer distances requires a bit more precise leading when troops are running.

RyanW

Have they said what the primary focus of the DLC was? Like Outer Rim was mainly close quarters so I assume they might try to do bigger areas or a mix of both

somme

Have they said what the primary focus of the DLC was? Like Outer Rim was mainly close quarters so I assume they might try to do bigger areas or a mix of both

Bigger maps this time around.

Although hopefully a couple of smaller ones too.

MADGAME

Since they'll most likely all be in the same playlist again, they'll all have to support the same player count.

So what would the playlist be...Walker Assault, Supremacy, Turning Point and Fighter Squadron only? Maybe one more game type if the new game mode is 40-player, but I would be bummed if I can't play play Cargo, HvV, Droid Run, Blast, and Drop Zone on Bespin maps!

PrankT

So what would the playlist be...Walker Assault, Supremacy, Turning Point and Fighter Squadron only? Maybe one more game type if the new game mode is 40-player, but I would be bummed if I can't play play Cargo, HvV, Droid Run, Blast, and Drop Zone on Bespin maps!
Please no, hate that mode.

I was bummed that i couldnt play outer rim maps in big modes. Sry but its about time that we get more big maps.

The Small modes got way too much care IMO.

Top Bottom