• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Palpable

I hate that vehicle use is so limited in this game, having to hunt down a token just to fly in one. Especially when someone swoops in and grabs it right before you do.

Then learn where they spawn on each map, watch the scorebored to see when people aren't in one, and then wait for the token. It isn't that difficult.

MrDaravon

Man I am having nooooo luck getting the trophy for killing both the Millennium Falcon and Slave I. I killed two Falcons today via suiciding on them as Slave I (once intentionally, once...not) and it said I killed them/got credit so god willing those will count as Falcon kills, but I can't get a Slave I kill to save my life. Spent like 3-4 hours today in Fighter Squadron trying to get it and nada, had one match where I was right behind Slave I in the Falcon with like 1% health and the match ended, and two other times where I just had the killing shot stolen from me. Kinda sucks lol. At least I finally got my 100 kills between using Falcon/Slave I, I don't play Fighter Squadron a lot usually.

I think they could balance heroes by guaranteeing that both teams have one at the same time. If one team finds a token it automatically gives a hero to a random player on the other team. Trying to find the tokens is pretty much completely random now.

MrDaravon

Man, they have to nerf some part of the Berserker + Adrenaline Stim + Bacta Bomb trinity. Every single smaller objective mode match I've played tonight is the same one or two people on the opposing team abusing the fuck out of it so they're all 40+ kills with sub 3-4 deaths. That combined with smaller maps and things like the DH-17 are just leading to the most absurdly lopsided matches I've seen in a while.

That combined with how the game never rebalances teams is making trying to get my remaining wins in a few of the smaller modes incredibly frustrating; I load into games where my team is losing horribly 99% of the time, I stay in the game to see what the teams look like the next game and it's the exact same people on both teams and I'm on the team that gets completely wrecked again. So the time spent in both matches along with the ridiculous load times lead to me wasting literally 20+ minutes just to see if I'm even going to be on a team that has a chance of winning. It's absurd.

No, that sounds like a problem that needs to be fixed.

The maps in this game (at least for the most part) aren't really set up or laid out like they are in a traditional Battlefield game in that it would make sense to have vehicles parked somewhere that people could just hop into that would respawn, especially given that the bigger modes here cap out at 20v20 and it would make not insignificant portions of at least one if not both teams stay back at the spawn to try to get a vehicle. I'm not a fan of the powerup drop system and won't defend it, but having vehicles lying around like a traditional Battlefield game I don't think works here either.

No, that sounds like a problem that needs to be fixed.

I don't have any problem with vehicle pick-ups being tokens. I do however have a problem with players camping around the tokens and being in an At-At the whole match and not giving other players the chance to play one. If it were up to me I would make the heroes/At-At/At-St a once per match deal only.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I don't have any problem with vehicle pick-ups being tokens. I do however have a problem with players camping around the tokens and being in an At-At the whole match and not giving other players the chance to play one. If it were up to me I would make the heroes/At-At/At-St a once per match deal only.

I think teams work better if you have people who are good in vehicles and good on foot, I think as it is works realy well. I get its frustrating at times to nearly get a pick up token but that's just how it is. One thing I do think tho is the rebel could use some kind of walker themselves, Chewie did get in an AT-ST in jedi so why cant the rebels get in one to. In the endor maps where there is no air support to help take out an AT-ST it would help loads I think

Yep.

I kinda wish heroes would work like they did in the Beta. With the Health basicly acting like time.
Made them way more balanced. Now they are mostly used to farm kills...

Boogdud

Or it would be better if they just did what people asked the first week of release and make them spawn in random locations so assholes aren't sitting in one spot doing nothing waiting for someone else to die so they can peen.

MADGAME

Feeling optimistic about getting some sort of Bespin news tomorrow, but won't be surprised by radio silence either.

Or it would be better if they just did what people asked the first week of release and make them spawn in random locations so assholes aren't sitting in one spot doing nothing waiting for someone else to die so they can peen.

Like many others in this thread I've been playing the game since day one with very little gaps. Nowadays when I play any mode with heroes (mainly Walker Assault and Extraction), the same player is always getting the hero and either staying alive for multiple phases, or getting the hero token each time it is available. For the players who know the most probable spawn points, it's an easy win button. I don't mind not being the hero but when the same person on both teams is constantly the hero over and over going 84-2 or something every game there is something wrong with the meta. Not saying the player isn't good, when the rule set of the game allows one person to monopolize tokens there is something broken.

5taquitos

I want newwwwwwwwwws

BLOPS 3 will have released its third pack before our second even comes out. I know that's not an entirely fair comparison, but these stretches of nothing are killing me.

MrDaravon

Well I finally got 10 wins in every mode other than Hero Hunt. Still can't get a single win in that to save my life lol. Gonna mop up 100% of everything else before I go back to that, half hoping in the interim they'll patch that one to make top 3 all winners, or something at least.

Edit: Can't wait for school to be out everywhere and the next DLC pack to hopefully get more players back in. Right now any time I get on during the week it is just a complete shitshow with groups of super hardcore dudes. Just did 4 rounds of WA where the entire top 8 on one team HAD to have been one group of guys, they were all fucking ridiculous, they all had 5-10.0 K/Ds, and the game never split any of them off whatsoever. You obviously can't do anything about a party of 8 players going in together, but this is my experience way more than it's not. Last night I played on a team that had 5 or 6 clan dudes (all had the same tag) and it never split me off from them and we curbstomped like 9-10 WA matches in a row. We never had a game as the Rebels where we didn't take out both walkers before the end of the 2nd phase, and we had one game where we took out the walker on Survivors of Endor on the FIRST phase which I didn't even know was goddamn possible. Hilarious yes, but goddamn. I'm on PS4 which has the most players and it's still already gotten to the point where in any given match I usually recognize at LEAST one or two player names in every match in WA or Blast, and I already have players where if I'm not on their team I immediately quit because they consistently go 80-2 etc. I love the game but it's population issues on top of other stuff is becoming more and more of a problem.

Really hope Bespin hits soon with maybe some balance and other changes as well.

PrankT

MrDaravon, add me if you'd like: PrankT. I play sporadically, never talk on mic but can join a group. Also add Patriot_Infinity if you want to win and see him go like 100-0.

🎶Today is going to be the daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy🎶

3oD3YOfek7wJLRH8iI.gif

Ozorov

Cause it's Tuesday innit?
That's the day we Battlefront fans get our hopes up way to high and in the end go to bed extremely disappointed.

I asked a artist who has worked on Bespin today when we'll get some news. She thought they already had announced the release day :(.

Palpable

It always kinda bothers me when the Imperial commander says Luke Skywalker has joined the battle and is a "traitor" to the Empire. Traitor? He was raised in the Outer Rim and was never a part of the Empire.

5taquitos

It always kinda bothers me when the Imperial commander says Luke Skywalker has joined the battle and is a "traitor" to the Empire. Traitor? He was raised in the Outer Rim and was never a part of the Empire.

Eh, anyone aligned with the Rebellion would be considered a traitor to the Empire. And the Outer Rim was still under Imperial rule, just not very strict rule. There was a garrison in Mos Eisely.

Sledgehammer said:
Hey guys and gals...
We will have a small bit of news to reveal in the coming days. We will follow that news with a lot of coverage of Bespin just ahead of the content packs release.
The full details are coming, including a livestream with Dennis and the reveal of the official trailer. We will also have a lot of gameplay for you to see ahead of Bespin's release.
The Cloud City is a pretty cool place and we can't wait to show you more.

In the coming days™

Ozorov

Just a word on the official forums to keep the mob in check if you ask me.
It's basically the same answer they always give when asking for news but in a different wrapper.

Sound's like we're getting the first glimpse of it just days ahead of release. I'm cool with that. But a little more information from the developers would have been nice these past weeks, but it feels like this is how EA/Dice are rolling with Battlefront.

MADGAME

More nothing and fluff:

https://twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/740632479548215296

Also:
Hey guys and gals...
We will have a small bit of news to reveal in the coming days. We will follow that news with a lot of coverage of Bespin just ahead of the content packs release.
The full details are coming, including a livestream with Dennis and the reveal of the official trailer. We will also have a lot of gameplay for you to see ahead of Bespin's release.

More nothing and fluff:

Also:
Hey guys and gals...

Aka Trailer drop this Sunday, Livestream next thursday or so and release on June 21

Ozorov

More nothing and fluff:

Also:
Hey guys and gals...
Saw the bump. Expected to see that tweet here. Not dissapointed.

It's happening! Soon.

Top Bottom