• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Ozorov

Of course. It's going to be today innit?
probably not 😔
Can you check when we got the first Outer Rim info (star cards etc) and how long after it was released?

I mean the first official artwork (the one with Greedo and nien nunb outside jabbas palace) until it released

I cannot tell you how many drop zone games I've been in where a buddy of mine and I were matched with a bunch of people that did nothing but run around trying to rack up kills and completely ignoring the objective of getting pods. It ends up just being my friend and I trying to single handedly protect or take a pod.

I enjoy this game but it sure can be frustrating at times due to all of the players that ignore the objective and act like every mode is blast.

Can you check when we got the first Outer Rim info (star cards etc) and how long after it was released?

I mean the first official artwork (the one with Greedo and nien nunb outside jabbas palace) until it released

That was February 23rd. Outer Rim release date was March 22nd for the cool season pass holder dudes.
That's a month between. So if Bespin releases in June, the info has to come........

TODAY!

5taquitos

I would love to believe that we'll get news today. It seems kinda nuts that I've been playing the first pack for over two months now.

somme

Really looking forward to Bespin - this was actually the first game that tempted me to buy a season pass.

However my games seem to go from one extreme to the other; one match I'm amazing, destroying everyone. And the next I'm alive for all of ten seconds before I die.

GeeTeeCee

However my games seem to go from one extreme to the other; one match I'm amazing, destroying everyone. And the next I'm alive for all of ten seconds before I die.

I am personally very familiar with one of these play styles.

It's the second one. I'm terrible at everything but Fighter Squadron, where I'm actually pretty decent.

MrDaravon

Really looking forward to Bespin - this was actually the first game that tempted me to buy a season pass.

This is most of my posts in this thread lol.

I decided to go for my 10 wins in Droid Run last night....it took me 11 games to get 10 wins. I went 3 games in a row without dying, in part because two of those games we took all 3 droids and won the game that way within 1-2 minutes. The one game we lost we got completely wrecked. Then I decided to start working on HvV wins, the first two games I was playing with some great folks and we dominated 5-0 both games. 3rd game most of my team left and the people it replaced them with were total garbage and we lost 5-0. To be fair though I think you're probably even more likely to run into actual parties/groups of people in the smaller playmodes so I feel like the swings are even harder there than say in WA/Supremacy.

Edit: Really messing around in Hero Hunt for the first time. I'm....I'm gonna have to hit up a trophy/achievement site to get a group of people trading wins for that one aren't I? This is the dumbest shit of all time and takes an eternity. Can't fathom how long it would take to get 10 wins legitimately in this one. I can't even break top 3.

Hoodbury

I think I'm missing a control when flying. How do you lock on? Every time I go in a flying vehicle I get locked on and shot out of the sky in under 5 seconds. I tried the flying only mode for the first time last night and went 0-5.

5taquitos

I think I'm missing a control when flying. How do you lock on? Every time I go in a flying vehicle I get locked on and shot out of the sky in under 5 seconds. I tried the flying only mode for the first time last night and went 0-5.

Hold L2/LT to focus your reticule. This helps your auto-aim and will lock for your torpedo after a few moments.

I decided to go for my 10 wins in Droid Run last night....it took me 11 games to get 10 wins. I went 3 games in a row without dying, in part because two of those games we took all 3 droids and won the game that way within 1-2 minutes. The one game we lost we got completely wrecked. Then I decided to start working on HvV wins, the first two games I was playing with some great folks and we dominated 5-0 both games. 3rd game most of my team left and the people it replaced them with were total garbage and we lost 5-0. To be fair though I think you're probably even more likely to run into actual parties/groups of people in the smaller playmodes so I feel like the swings are even harder there than say in WA/Supremacy.

Edit: Really messing around in Hero Hunt for the first time. I'm....I'm gonna have to hit up a trophy/achievement site to get a group of people trading wins for that one aren't I? This is the dumbest shit of all time and takes an eternity. Can't fathom how long it would take to get 10 wins legitimately in this one. I can't even break top 3.

You only need ten for the diorama, for the trophy you only need one win. But yeah, despite the changes they made, it's still the worst mode out there.

Hoodbury

I cannot tell you how many drop zone games I've been in where a buddy of mine and I were matched with a bunch of people that did nothing but run around trying to rack up kills and completely ignoring the objective of getting pods. It ends up just being my friend and I trying to single handedly protect or take a pod.

I enjoy this game but it sure can be frustrating at times due to all of the players that ignore the objective and act like every mode is blast.
I had the same results last night. I have the challenge to win 3 drop zone matches and could only get 1 win. Every time I would claim the drop my team was nowhere to be seen and then 3-4 of the other team would all come together. It's like my team was just scattered doing who knows what. Probably trying to find a crack to hide in to pick off people running by some out of the way corridor.

Hold L2/LT to focus your reticule. This helps your auto-aim and will lock for your torpedo after a few moments.
Ah, this might help a ton, heh. Thanks.

MrDaravon

You only need ten for the diorama, for the trophy you only need one win. But yeah, despite the changes they made, it's still the worst mode out there.

Yeah, I'm looking at the diorama stuff. That's the only multiplayer one that seems fucked. The mission/survival stuff is also probably going to be a huge pain in the ass, but I have a friend who wants to do the survival stuff so I'll at least be able to co-op those. I've already gotten most of the other diorama stuff or I'm close/it's just timesink stuff (mostly the 10 hours in vehicles).

I imagine when that happens, it's just a bunch of kids playing

I know I call out my 12 year old when he doesn't play the objective, lol

Ambitious

Upload to youtube

Join me when you see that I'm playing WA. That sorta thing happens very rarely with me anymore.

Sorry, unfortunately I forgot to save the recording.

Same here:

It's mind-boggling how inconsistent my performance is in this game. In one match, I'm destroying the enemy team almost completely on my own, in the next one I barely hit anyone and end up with a K/D of 0.3 or something in that ballpark. It's just weird.

I don't post often, but I'd like to play with some of you guys. I play often and lately the people I get paired with online have been horrible. They constantly ignore the objective and treat the mode as if its Blast. And, dont even get me started on the Outer Rim DLC. Everyone on my team usually runs around like headless chickens getting blasted by the shock blaster.

Anyways, PSN is thegreatchamp831.

Lazzy128

Banned
Had a few games last night after a long break and really enjoyed it. Can't wait for Cloud City!

We should have some info in the next few days surely?

Maybe it's a good idea to make a list of people's gamer tags and add it to the OP?

I don't post often, but I'd like to play with some of you guys. I play often and lately the people I get paired with online have been horrible. They constantly ignore the objective and treat the mode as if its Blast. And, dont even get me started on the Outer Rim DLC. Everyone on my team usually runs around like headless chickens getting blasted by the shock blaster.

Anyways, PSN is thegreatchamp831.

I'll add you later ;-)

Had a few games last night after a long break and really enjoyed it. Can't wait for Cloud City!

We should have some info in the next few days surely?

Some idiot was spreading rumors that Bespin would be revealed yesterday, but he was obviously trolling.
My bet is that they'll reveal it in The Weeks Ahead™

Oynox

Maybe it's a good idea to make a list of people's gamer tags and add it to the OP?

Yeah it would be great to occasionally play with someone together on Xbox One as well. Add Oynox Slider on Xbox Live if you are interested. Right now I am into Doom and TW3 Blood and Wine but Battlefront still regularly gets a spin.

MrDaravon

Hero Hunt is maybe the biggest piece of shit mode in an online shooter I have played in years. Ignoring the huge advantage the player who is lucky enough to be chosen by RNG as the starting hero has, the mode is total dogshit otherwise, takes a million years, and unlike virtually every other online shooter FFA game only first place counts as a "win" as opposed to top 3/top 50%. I played for nearly 4 hours today and got ONE first place. It's so RNG dependent based on who gets the starting hero as well as what hero you can even choose since you can't choose the last one that was played as well. And virtually everyone playing it is just doing it for the trophy/diorama, just make top 3/50% count as a "win" like almost all other online FFA games do.

I think this is what is going to actually break me on this game; my OCD is bad enough where I literally can't play any other modes or do anything until I get this done, and short of god-tier luck in player matchups or hero selection I literally don't know that I can get this done lol.

5taquitos

Hero Hunt is maybe the biggest piece of shit mode in an online shooter I have played in years. Ignoring the huge advantage the player who is lucky enough to be chosen by RNG as the starting hero has, the mode is total dogshit otherwise, takes a million years, and unlike virtually every other online shooter FFA game only first place counts as a "win" as opposed to top 3/top 50%. I played for nearly 4 hours today and got ONE first place. It's so RNG dependent based on who gets the starting hero as well as what hero you can even choose since you can't choose the last one that was played as well. And virtually everyone playing it is just doing it for the trophy/diorama, just make top 3/50% count as a "win" like almost all other online FFA games do.

I think this is what is going to actually break me on this game; my OCD is bad enough where I literally can't play any other modes or do anything until I get this done, and short of god-tier luck in player matchups or hero selection I literally don't know that I can get this done lol.

Just pretend the diorama isn't there, it serves no functional purpose and no one else can even see it.

MrDaravon

Just pretend the diorama isn't there, it serves no functional purpose and no one else can even see it.

Can't, I have terrible OCD with games and I go all or nothing :(. Most of the other ones aren't really that bad, it's just this one, and it's just this one mode. Looking around online there's a metric ton of the same complaints about this mode, and there's been a petition on the official boards to have top 3 count as a win for this mode lol.

Edit: Just had my 3rd match today where I barely got second where the ONLY difference between me and first place was first place got to start the game as a hero so they had an extra hero round over me. Totally fair and balanced.

Edit: HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE GAME DIDN'T COUNT MY SINGLE HERO HUNT WIN. I was in that match from start to finish, got first place and the Victory pop-up, but it didn't increase my win count in the diorama nor is the Companion showing I have any wins in Hero Hunt. Fuck everything forever.

I feel you. I have only gotten first place one time since I picked the game up on launch. Horrible, horrible mode.

somme

Hero Hunt is pretty terrible as it is, but better than it was when you had to get the last shot on the hero to get to be the hero on the next round.

I managed to get first once, not sure how. I've only played it once since and it did not go well.

I was a tad worried after Overwatch came out in regards to the DLC especially.

But on the X1 I am finding games in the Outer Rim playlist thick and fast.

Awwwwww yeah

Ozorov

I'm hoping for some news before that and maybe the actual reveal at EA play. Only thing is: it will totally get overshadowed by BF1, so maybe we'll have to wait even longer... :-(

Yeah E3 won't be the best place to unveil a DLC, but I think they just have finished the DLC, or they maybe still are polishing it. One of the artist on Bespin tweeted two days ago that he's done working on it.

EA said they won't be doing a long stream a lá Outer Rim and only a shorter one that will show the new content mainly. I think we might see a 30-45 minutes stream from EA Play showcasing Bespin. And with the release two weeks after (21th), but hopefully on the 14th ;).

MADGAME

^^ I think they will pull another Outer Rim, releasing to season pass holders the last week of the month (28th), then availability to everyone else in July.

Kovet

what do people think of the bactabomb? its a paradigm shift imo it can really be used well in modes like drop one but it just breaks modes like cargo when on defence.

Ozorov

what do people think of the bactabomb? its a paradigm shift imo it can really be used well in modes like drop one but it just breaks modes like cargo when on defence.

I 99% of the time play big modes or extraction. It's good when used in the right moment

Orcus

Yeah it would be great to occasionally play with someone together on Xbox One as well. Add Oynox Slider on Xbox Live if you are interested. Right now I am into Doom and TW3 Blood and Wine but Battlefront still regularly gets a spin.
I added you. ORCU5 on Xbox Live.

Playing Battlefield Hardline made me wonder: do traits reset to the last level you reached if you die, just like Battlefield or do they reset all the way back to zero?

Wow, Berserker, Explosive Shot, and Bacta Bomb are really big fucking nuisances now. For a while they weren't, but after not playing for three weeks or so I see them everywhere and it really makes playing not fun.

Ambitious

I usually always use the EE3, but I've been trying the E11 for a while now. It feels good, but it's hard for me to hit moving enemies because of the slower shots.

Wow, Berserker, Explosive Shot, and Bacta Bomb are really big fucking nuisances now. For a while they weren't, but after not playing for three weeks or so I see them everywhere and it really makes playing not fun.

Give people the tools and they will abuse it.

Not sure if i will hang around with the game if they keep adding such shit...

Oh and i really wish they would go back toe way Heroes worked in the beta. With the Health basicly acting like time.

Made the game way more balanced. Now we have people hiding in bases and farming kills etc

MrDaravon

Broke 10,000 kills and made level 60 today with 72 hours played.

Man better than me, I also hit 60 last night at 76 hours played but only 6300 kills :(. I've crawled my K/D up from 1.01 when I started playing again a few weeks ago up to 1.14 which I'm honestly pretty happy about since I'm not usually top of the board K/D wise or anything. My win % has not budged from 59-60% at any time lol.

Except for one emote I haven't bought any emotes or cosmetic stuff, so I've dumped all my credits into having all the Hutt Contracts done with all Star Cards purchased, and I'm only about 33k or so credits away from having every Star Card upgraded which I hope to hit in the next week or so. Then I'll stash credits until the DLC hits so I've got some saved for that.

I feel like I've hit a pretty good groove with the game in terms of where I've settled with weapons/loadouts etc. When I play solo with all randoms in any of the larger modes it's a total shitshow depending on the quality of my randoms, I tend to do better in smaller modes solo. Playing with one or two friends with tend to do very well even in the larger modes, even that tiny bit of coordination really helps. I still think that some of the modes are total garbage, but balance-wise I feel the game is in pretty good shape except for the Berserker + Adrenaline Stim + Bacta Bomb bullshit that is getting more and more prevalent. They've GOT to do something about that, dumping a full "clip" into a dude and watching him take like 20% damage while he kills me instantly is ridiculous. I also do agree with the sentiment that they should revert Heroes to beta status where their health operates on a timer; while surviving for most/all of a WA match with 40+ kills as a Hero is hilarious, it's not very well balanced.

WillyFive

I hate that vehicle use is so limited in this game, having to hunt down a token just to fly in one. Especially when someone swoops in and grabs it right before you do.

Top Bottom