• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Who would you rather have? @_@

Yeah, you might be right. Like i said he's a complete player and world class but something just feels "off" nowadays. Maybe it's his injury or just mental exhaustion, but dont you expect players like him to step up in these moments, no matter what?

It just pained me to see that he couldnt even look at Robbens penalty in the CL final –when he should be the one taking it.

edit: i just looked at a Bayern forum and the users there are sharing similar sentiments about him.

what you're saying is gay geordies go to sunderland because the men look better

its ok i agree i mean its not my thing but when sexy pieces of meat like me frequent the place, i see the longing in the dirty geordies eyes

but then i see their gravy stained replica shirts and give them a cheeky smile... even if i were gay, they'd get nowt the scruffy smelly gits

Oh you.

Maybe this mystery sausage recipient was YOU?!

spidye

Yeah, you might be right. Like i said he's a complete player and world class but something just feels "off" nowadays. Maybe it's his injury or just mental exhaustion, but dont you expect players like him to step up in these moments, no matter what?

It just pained me to see that he couldnt even look at Robbens penalty in the CL final –when he should be the one taking it.

feel the same way. it pained me to see him on the other side of the field like a coward when the 19 year old alaba (I really like him) showed more balls than him in the penalty shootouts

Gomez is a good striker...but he's not up there with the greats I.e. Villa, Ronaldo, Shearer, Henry

and never should be compared to. those are world class playing strikers. gomez is the classic centre forward.
he works better if there's a second striker like müller behind him.

edit: i just looked at a Bayern forum and the users there are sharing similar sentiments about him.

He stepped up just fine at the Bernabeu. It was an aberration, and he definitely didn't look himself that game either.

fuenf

feel the same way. it pained me to see him on the other side of the field like a coward when the 19 year old alaba (I really like him) showed more balls than him in the penalty shootouts

thanks, it's good to know that i'm not imagining things.

and never should be compared to. those are world class playing strikers. gomez is the classic centre forward. he works better if there's a second striker like müller behind him.

this! and his teams arent exactly set up to help him either (Robben..).

Anyway i'm off. Enjoy the night!

And it's finally BAAAAYEEEERN time again.

He stepped up just fine at the Bernabeu. It was an aberration, and he definitely didn't look himself that game either.

Dont get me wrong i'm not talking about his penalty miss, just the way he's carrying himself. In fact he did exceptionally well shooting the last pk (on both occasions, Cech was simply too good) but i think that Gustavo and Kroos were the most influential Bayern players at Bernabeu.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Have you seen the reports that Juve are front runners to sign Gaston Ramirez? Another transfer target I want badly, but it'd be so much better losing out to Juve than Spurs...
I hope not, we don't really *need* him right now. He's fantastic, but let's keep looking for a striker first.

Marotta don't do this....

Zabojnik

Have you seen the reports that Juve are front runners to sign Gaston Ramirez? Another transfer target I want badly, but it'd be so much better losing out to Juve than Spurs...

Don't worry, it was confirmed to be bullshit. Interesting player to be sure, but there's no way in hell Juve is paying something like 15-18M€. Not even with Marotta's beloved co-ownership formula. :) We're pretty much covered in the midfield anyway. If anyone, we'll sign Verratti.

elsk

Banned
you guys disgust me. :)

Could be true, these past months have been devastating. Like i said before i really like him as a player but i just think that he's not the right player sometimes.

Schweini was the main reason why Bayern trashed everyone in the group stage of the CL. He was, easily, the best midfielder in the world at that point. The two injuries, specially the last one really fucked up his form.

fuenf

Schweini was the main reason why Bayern trashed everyone in the group stage of the CL. He was, easily, the best midfielder in the world at that point. The two injuries, specially the last one really fucked up his form.

okay let's hope that it's just the injuries. but it doesnt matter anyway, i'm not even sure why i should follow football anymore. it's always the same :(

and i think you were right yesterday, i dont think another Bundesliga title would do much for me.

and i think you were right yesterday, i dont think another Bundesliga title would do much for me.

At Dortmund's expense after they spent big money to get Marco Reus? Come on. I can't wait for the Bundesliga season to start.

And Bayern should be primed for another deep run in the champions league. Believe!

Zabojnik

I guess Italy is now qualified for the 2013 Confederation's Cup? Along with Brazil, Mexico, Japan, Spain, Uruguay and Tahiti.

Jesus Christ, no rest for ItalJuve next year too. Do we really need another international competition, Fifa?

fuenf

At Dortmund's expense after they spent big money to get Marco Reus? Come on. I can't wait for the Bundesliga season to start.

And Bayern should be primed for another deep run in the champions league. Believe!

LOL that would be awesome. BELIEVE! :D

I guess Italy is now qualified for the 2013 Confederation's Cup? Along with Brasile, Messico, Giappone, Italia, Spagna, Uruguay and Tahiti.

Jesus Christ, no rest for ItalJuve next year too. Do we really need another international competition, Fifa?

Have fun!

Zabojnik

Gaston Ramirez will be better than Suarez in a couple of years. Then again Suarez may improve too. :)

I see your bet and raise you a Mattia Destro. I think we'll be hearing about him a lot in the next few years, unless he ends up at Inter, which I'm afraid is a real possibility. Gabbiadini is another to look out for. I'd take either one of them ahead of Ramirez, tbh.

PaulLFC

So the previously-locked Sigurdsson thread on RAWK has been reopened and an Icelandic poster has claimed that Sigurdsson has snubbed Tottenham and decided to join Liverpool, but can't say anything until the start of July (presumably Monday 2nd) due to the loan deal with Swansea still being in effect until the end of June. Strangely the mods haven't instantly locked it like usually happens if someone's claims to have "ITK info" can't be verified, so presumably they think there's something in the claims. We'll see next week whether there is or not, by the looks of it.

Kyoufu

So the previously-locked Sigurdsson thread on RAWK has been reopened and an Icelandic poster has claimed that Sigurdsson has snubbed Tottenham and decided to join Liverpool, but can't say anything until the start of July (presumably Monday 2nd) due to the loan deal with Swansea still being in effect until the end of June. Strangely the mods haven't instantly locked it like usually happens if someone's claims to have "ITK info" can't be verified, so presumably they think there's something in the claims. We'll see next week whether there is or not, by the looks of it.

Maybe the mods are desperate.

GorillaJu

The mods typically only let a thread stay open for 1) an article from what they deem to be a legitimate source (The Times, BBC, The Guardian, some others), 2) info from one of the few respected twitter sources (Tony Barrett, Duncan Jenkins, Neil Jones. If they have left a thread open otherwise, it's usually because they've got direct PMs from supposed ITKs who don't want to reveal their sources.

I'm resigned to losing the race for the Gylf but I'd still be delighted if something came of it.

Kyoufu

The mods typically only let a thread stay open for 1) an article from what they deem to be a legitimate source (The Times, BBC, The Guardian, some others), 2) info from one of the few respected twitter sources (Tony Barrett, Duncan Jenkins, Neil Jones. If they have left a thread open otherwise, it's usually because they've got direct PMs from supposed ITKs who don't want to reveal their sources.

I'm resigned to losing the race for the Gylf but I'd still be delighted if something came of it.

Let's pray we get the signings we deserve. Sigs will be very very influential in your attack and Debuchy will be very very influential in our defence.

Let's hold each other and pray.

GorillaJu

Not sure I can condone this alliance, but desperate times call for desperate measures. May the muppet-shaped gods of the transfer window smile upon us all...

Salazar

Not sure I can condone this alliance, but desperate times call for desperate measures. May the muppet-shaped gods of the transfer window smile upon us all...

Can't lie. I hope it goes tits up.

The Anderson fanclub on Redcafe are mindbendingly thick said:
Say we buy someone like Martinez, who do you let go?

Carrick, Scholes, Cleverley, Anderson, Martinez, Jones, Kagawa and Powell

Overkill?

I know the answer is going to be "Anderson", but I think that is mental. As I have said in other threads, he played more games than Cleverley this season and was very good in most of them. Excuse him for having a couple of off days as obviously he isn't like Rooney or Nani who never have bad games (oh, wait).

He's got European experience (2 Finals) and has 4 Premier League medals to his name as well as a better injury record than Cleverley. So we should we let Cleverley go instead? No, of course not, you'd think I'm mental for even suggesting it but compare both players and what they have achieved, Anderson's a mile ahead and surprisingly has played more games (Anderson at United vs Cleverley at Utd Reserves/Watford/Wigan/United) yet people always call for his head. That's what is mental for me.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
this new barca kit is a champions league winning kit. everytime we get a weird kit we win a champions league, I hope that tradition holds.

alba, a 100% villa, a fully rested messi, a more integrated Alexis :drools

international tournaments are good and all, but nothing like club football.

607254096.gif

hahahaha VDB " You second, second..... the fuck? Whatever"

elsk

Banned
Can't wait for the new season to start. Club football is the best football.

My local club changed coach, we had Mario Zanabria as coach for like 2 seasons. He is kind of a Boca Juniors and Newell's Old Boys legend (as player):

Mario_Zanabria_1974.jpg

Now the best honduran coach is going to coach the team, hoping for a great tournament :D

sneaky77

this new barca kit is a champions league winning kit. everytime we get a weird kit we win a champions league, I hope that tradition holds.

607254096.gif

yeah Del Bosque came out after the game and said Cesc wanted to go fifth so he wasn't going to argue about something like that.

Messi

607254096.gif

The yellow collar kit was not weird, it was awesome.

Ugh, apparently Capello is now the favourite to be the new coach of the Russian national team.

If we must have a foreigner in charge can we at least get someone who would try to play an entertaining brand of football?

Blablurn

The other thread taught me that dortmund fans are the biggest groups of shitheads on the internet. So bitter, so miserable. Enjoy your soulless team flopping out of the champions league again :)

Zabojnik

The other thread taught me that dortmund fans are the biggest groups of shitheads on the internet. So bitter, so miserable. Enjoy your soulless team flopping out of the champions league again :)

Fight! Fight! Fight! I fully expect you guys to take this at least to Juve / Inter levels of animosity next season! For yours, but mostly for our entertainment. :)

Salvadora

Didn't know the Giroud deal was done. 15 million euros is an absolutely fantastic deal. Not surprised other clubs offered so much more.

elsk

Banned
Didn't know the Giroud deal was done. 15 million euros is an absolutely fantastic deal. Not surprised other clubs offered so much more.

Wow, that much? He was coming for 9-10m to Bayern according to the german media.
He looks like a nice #9, it will be interesting to see how he performs at Arsenal!

Salvadora

Wow, that much? He was coming for 9-10m to Bayern according to the german media.
He looks like a nice #9, it will be interesting to see how he performs at Arsenal!

Yeah, I'm very intrigued to see how we use Giroud and Podolski next season. We have a lot of dead weight at the club so we need to be buying & selling all summer. Nice to see Wenger taking a hands on approach. Interesting that Giroud was miffed by not being contacted by Di Matteo, although I don't think he wields anywhere near the same power as Wenger in the transfer market.

Salvadora

So how will Arsenal play up front next year? Is Giroud to be considered a possible replacement for RVP?

I think it has to be the case, we can't have RVP, Giroud & Podolski (I know he can play on the wing but I'd rather he didn't) fighting for the same position & that's disregarding Chamakh & Park who won't be around next season, probably. I hope he stays but I think I'm resigned to losing him.

jtb

Banned

It was his release clause, so it just came down to which club he wanted to go to and the contract offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom