• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
208957_425427707495381_723841629_n.jpg

City photoshop is best RVP photoshop, so I guess that settles that. Congrats, dc!

iUkTaIr1vkPZ2.gif

So? I know that they do, however, it doesn't mean that I have to approve of it.
Of course it's hard for a club to just fire them because they cost transfer fees for the most part.
In the past, FSV Frankfurt gave their ramadaning players a warning because the contract they signed didn't allow for crazy diets. Which I thought is absolutely fine/normal because it also doesn't allow doping, etc. In normal contracts you also have alcohol & drug abuse clauses.
/edit

Again, religious doesn't have equal fasting/abstaining from work on Sundays. Keep pushing that agenda, it still doesn't make it any more true.
My atheist ivory tower is just fine, thank you very much.
I'm not saying you have to approve. Just that sacking them is clearly not the best answer because many players do fast and there is no or little problem.

I agree that when you sign a contract priority has to be given to that contract, but it isn't as simple as, well if you want to fast your sacked. Clubs have done the right thing in trying to work around it and for now it's working...so I don't see it as a big problem really.

Edit - And just on a point of fact, fasting is obligatory for Muslims although in some circumstances allowance can be made. But it isn't a choice really.

Hindle

Banned
Welcome one and all....wait a minute

Ok get the fuck out

Oh no not in my town!

Bloody dingles get everywhere now there's even been one on tv this week!

Fuck you Jeff! :D I gotta say waiting for my account to be activated whilst Blackburn were on the verge of being relegated was horrible. Seeing your comments god dam it, I had so many jokes avaliable.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, that TuttoJuve page has some pretty interesting stuff. Like ...

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/546369_379293708795605_670935260_n.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/600423_379318282126481_765003738_n.jpg[IMG]

Dat ... Del Piero jersery.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was checking it out a few minutes ago [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LlCww.gif
LlCww.gif

Seems as though Fergie-san and RVP have met a couple of times over the last few weeks. Think Fergie really wants him.

RVP has been truly wined and dined lately, meetings with all 3 clubs who want him. I actually feel sorry for Arsenal.

Except you're the one pushing agenda. ;p
You called me a bigot even though I clearly stated that I'd fire those players not for having certain religions, but for trying to act like competitive athletes, yet also feel like they have to subdue themselves to voluntary stuff their religion contains.

I'm sure there are compromises between players and clubs in the Bundesliga and other leagues, but naturally in England they succumb to every religious peculiarity as stupid as it might be (just like the state does, see: no police dogs in certain areas because they might bite Allah's spirit in the ass and ppl. might take offense, etc).
That South American keeper was fired btw. afair, even though he played in Spain or Italy.

/edit
1) I'm not saying you have to approve. Just that sacking them is clearly not the best answer because many players do fast and there is no or little problem.

2) I agree that when you sign a contract priority has to be given to that contract, but it isn't as simple as, well if you want to fast your sacked. Clubs have done the right thing in trying to work around it and for now it's working...so I don't see it as a big problem really.

3) Edit - And just on a point of fact, fasting is obligatory for Muslims although in some circumstances allowance can be made. But it isn't a choice really.
1) I'd fire them if their performance/work output would clearly be hindered by it and from what I've seen in sports in school all the ppl. who tried to do that and still do sports were all fucked up..

2) Yet you wrote a whole article on it, but whatever, that's where we differ I guess.

3) yes and those certain circumstances could very well be running 13km per game to feed your family, lol

K1LLER7

Seems as though Fergie-san and RVP have met a couple of times over the last few weeks. Think Fergie really wants him.

RVP has been truly wined and dined lately, meetings with all 3 clubs who want him. I actually feel sorry for Arsenal.
It seems weird for Fergie to go out and actually state he's made a bid and wants a player. It's been revealed in the past by clubs yet he doesn't usually make a comment on it.

Zabojnik

Good to see some girl next door types in there for a change.

Sure, sure, but
t

5741212348_bd9401610c.jpg

And I think I spoke too soon on the whole Juve - Suarez affair. Cash only? Impossible, sure. However ...

krasic20.jpg

30M + Krasic. It can be done! And we'll even throw in Ziegler as a bonus.

Ashes

Banned
You called me a bigot even though I clearly stated that I'd fire those players not for having certain religions, but for trying to act like competitive athletes, yet also feel like they have to subdue themselves to voluntary stuff their religion contains.

I'm sure there are compromises between players and clubs in the Bundesliga and other leagues, but naturally in England they succumb to every religious peculiarity as stupid as it might be (just like the state does, see: no police dogs in certain areas because they might bite Allah's spirit in the ass and ppl. might take offense, etc).
That South American keeper was fired btw. afair, even though he played in Spain or Italy.

Keep rationalising that bigotry. Now you're just like any other bigot. Intellectually dishonest.

Keep rationalising that bigotry. Now you're just like any other bigot. Intellectually dishonest.
Well, I don't give a shit about your opinion of me if you fail to rationalize it and basically just retort with cheap verbiage (aka. NO U!) & smileys.´
Lemme just fart in your general direction before this thread is closed.

Messi

olivia-wilde-wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-99.gif

Am I really reading this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom