• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

How can you gets get me mixed up. I try to make it as obvious as possible.

Cat avatar.
PR posts.

What more can I do?

Also I thought Fady was Greek but he now lives in Abu Dhabi for work. IIRC.

Wilbur

Banned
Missing the United game because of football coaching, arse. The idea of 8 hours of straight football after 5 hours sleep does not roll with me.

Oscar confirmed he had a medical at Chelsea but said he hasn't signed anything (and won't until after the olympics).

In other news, DYBALAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

irw1e.jpg

elseanio

Thought it would take longer to get to 20k

I haven't don't anything for a new thread, so unless someone else has something it won't be anything special/new :p

Rad-

£10m, what was Fergie thinking?

Top scorer last year. Captain. League rival. Shirt seller.

I'd have hung up the phone if I were Arsenal. Absolutely insulting, he's easily worth £20m+

Very injury prone, almost 29, one year left on contract and wants to leave. 10m is a tad too low but I wouldn't pay 20m for him either. About 15m is his proper value imo.

I wouldn't sign footballers that took their religion more serious than their work and I'd fire their asses if they suddenly realized they need to listen to imaginary voices & shit. Like that South American keeper who suddenly decided he can't work on Sundays.
Fuck that.
---------edit-------
15:00 Ajax Cape Town - Manchester U.
16:00 Nürnberg - Borussia Dortmund
19:00 Ajax Amsterdam - Celtic
19:30 Fenerbahce - Newcastle U.
20:45 FC Porto - Celta de Vigo

Ashes

Banned
I wouldn't sign footballers that took their religion more serious than their work and I'd fire their asses if they suddenly realized they need to listen to imaginary voices & shit. Like that South American keeper who suddenly decided he can't work on Sundays.
Fuck that.
---------edit-------
15:00 Ajax Cape Town - Manchester U.
16:00 Nürnberg - Borussia Dortmund
19:00 Ajax Amsterdam - Celtic
19:30 Fenerbahce - Newcastle U.
20:45 FC Porto - Celta de Vigo

At least you're an honest bigot. You know there are some things more important than kicking a ball at the weekends.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
TuttoJuve:"The credibility of English newspapers on transfers is highly questionable but now even the Times is reduced to copying The Sun!"

DSppj.gif
DSppj.gif

Arnie

Not a fan of these Juve links to Suarez, wouldn't normally be too bothered, but when it's the main story on the BBC it's hard to ignore. Would take a phenomenal amount of money to get Liverpool to sell though, and a significant profit on our investment. We bought him for £22 million, so we'd want at least £10 million on top of that, probably more, considering the length remaining on his contract.

Times reporting that Fulham want Adam in a part exchange for Dempsey, which I'd be happy about if that also makes way for Joe Allen. I'm not sure we'll get Allen though, so it does make me wonder if flogging him's the correct move.

At least you're an honest bigot. You know there are some things more important than kicking a ball at the weekends.
Whatever. It's their job, they get paid for kicking the ball on the weekends. Don't like it? Go find some other job.
Those things aren't even mandatory (fasting, abstaining from work on Sundays) and if I were to decide whether or not to employ such a person I'd absolutely decide against it.
It's not even comparable to wearing a headscarf or something, it literally diminishes their output.

Whatever. It's their job, they get paid for kicking the ball on the weekends. Don't like it? Go find some other job.
Those things aren't even mandatory (fasting, abstaining from work on Sundays) and if I were to decide whether or not to employ such a person I'd absolutely decide against it.
It's not even comparable to wearing a headscarf or something, it literally diminishes their output.
I urge to read the article I posted a few pages back.

Football clubs do deal with their players fasting and in a much better way than just firing them.

Zabojnik

Not a fan of these Juve links to Suarez, wouldn't normally be too bothered, but when it's the main story on the BBC it's hard to ignore. Would take a phenomenal amount of money to get Liverpool to sell though, and a significant profit on our investment. We bought him for £22 million, so we'd want at least £10 million on top of that, probably more, considering the length remaining on his contract.

Times reporting that Fulham want Adam in a part exchange for Dempsey, which I'd be happy about if that also makes way for Joe Allen. I'm not sure we'll get Allen though, so it does make me wonder if flogging him's the correct move.

I'm sure Conte would *love* to have a player like him, but you can stop worrying. It's up there with Cavani to Juve for 40-50M€ as far as transfer absurdities go.

Arnie

I'm sure Conte would *love* to have a player like him, but you can stop worrying. It's up there with Cavani to Juve for 40-50M€ as far as transfer absurdities go.

I hope so. I don't know where Juve would get the money for RVP and Suarez. Would be an absurd double purchase.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Jojo stripped of the captain's armband.

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

Yeah, I told you Arnie I wouldn't worry about it. We can't afford them both, or even Suarez alone.

GorillaJu

Jojo stripped of the captain's armband.

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

Yeah, I told you Arnie I wouldn't worry about it. We can't afford them both, or even Suarez alone.

What did he do? Sorry I haven't been following this one. Did he publicly declare he wants to move to Juve or something?

It will come down to Suarez actively wanting to leave IMO. I doubt he will be desperate for any kind of move right now. Maybe if Liverpool aren't in the CL next year he will start getting impatient.

Arnie

It will come down to Suarez actively wanting to leave IMO. I doubt he will be desperate for any kind of move right now. Maybe if Liverpool aren't in the CL next year he will start getting impatient.
Exactly. The only way a move will happen is if Suarez pushes to leave; part of me is nervous that the whole racism row, plus the club sacking Dalglish, will offer Suarez an incentive to quit. He's reiterated his happiness at the club, and his willingness to stay back in April, but you have to wonder whether anything's changed due to the manager changeover. What also worries me is with Suarez going to the olympics, if it all does come to a head and he goes, it'll be really near the end of the window.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What did he do? Sorry I haven't been following this one. Did he publicly declare he wants to move to Juve or something?
Viola Coach Montella has reflected that the situation is on the player’s mind, even if the player has already informed him of his intentions.

“Football today is like this, we must be prepared for these instances. For our part we have expressed our will to keep him, now it falls to Stevan to assess the situation, if he hasn’t already done so, then, there must be a team willing to invest in him. He’s an extraordinary player who any Coach would want to work with.

“I have spoken with him first, with the promise that I would not then speak publicly. I know his intentions, he has been training well but it is understandable that at this moment he is thinking about things.

“Is he motivated or thoughtful? Both. I consider him in all effects a Viola player. It would be easy to curry favour with the fans. I just hope that he stays.”

Ashes

Banned

And you'd be out of your job if the player happens to be Messi or Ronaldo. Lol. Players get their boots polished by the biggest clubs, and you'd fire them fire them for fasting? That's one of the most idiotic things I've heard in some time. Sweet dreams in your religion free ivory towers.

Zabojnik

Nothing. Apparently they made Pasqual the new captain and it seems that Jovetic didn't take it very well. He's pissed at Fiorentina, Fiorentina are annoyed with him because he isn't declaring his intentions, one way or another.

EDIT: Well, more or less. What Yurt posted. :)

Now, if I were Della Valle, I would sell Jovetic RIGHT NOW, for as much as I can realistically get, then sign a couple of decent players. Some Serie A veterans and maybe a promising youngster or two. Because let me tell you, with the current squad ...

8774078.jpg

... Serie B isn't that far off. Even with Jovetic. Terrible, terrible team.

I urge to read the article I posted a few pages back.

Football clubs do deal with their players fasting and in a much better way than just firing them.
So? I know that they do, however, it doesn't mean that I have to approve of it.
Of course it's hard for a club to just fire them because they cost transfer fees for the most part.
In the past, FSV Frankfurt gave their ramadaning players a warning because the contract they signed didn't allow for crazy diets. Which I thought is absolutely fine/normal because it also doesn't allow doping, etc. In normal contracts you also have alcohol & drug abuse clauses.
/edit
And you'd be out of your job if the player happens to be Messi or Ronaldo. Lol. Players get their boots polished by the biggest clubs, and you'd fire them fire them for fasting? That's one of the most idiotic things I've heard in some time. Sweet dreams in your religion free ivory towers.
Again, religious doesn't have equal fasting/abstaining from work on Sundays. Keep pushing that agenda, it still doesn't make it any more true.
My atheist ivory tower is just fine, thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom