• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

150441_340.jpg

We don't have that kind of money, it's that simple.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They'll take City's money time and time again. It's proven.

I feel sorry for them. They are charged the most absurd ticket prices in the league but they still can't compete with the big boys.

dc89

I feel sorry for them. They are charged the most absurd ticket prices in the league but they still can't compete with the big boys.

Whoa. I said this once and suggested the fans may be pissed off with the fact they achieve top 4 and that's it and they have to lump it or like it and I was jumped on.

Be careful dude.

Clegg

I imagine United want to sign Lucas before the end of the Olympics. Interest will probably skyrocket if he has a good tournament.

Sao Paolo will want to string out this saga for as long as possible to start a bidding war. Still can't see United actually signing him.

BBC never used to get involved with transfer rumours. Has that changed or do they just have really reliable sources now?
Nope they've definitely changed tact. It makes sense I guess, stories about transfers attract loads of hits.

I am sure it's sourced and not just complete speculation, but in the past they would report stories with hard facts behind them, only.

RVP still going to end up at City IMO. I don't see United or Juve offering north of £20m. I think City will and they will get their man.

At this mount Mansour may aswell start delivering barrels of oil to the Emirates through the year as pre-payment for the usual summer acquisition.

I imagine United want to sign Lucas before the end of the Olympics. Interest will probably skyrocket if he has a good tournament.

Sao Paolo will want to string out this saga for as long as possible to start a bidding war. Still can't see United actually signing him.
There's that story which suggests Sao Paolo lose 10% of the fee at the end of this month though...so if they are wanting to sell I would guess they will want to do so ASAP.

Feorax

Apparently Juventus' bid is £28 million, so we'd make £6 million on him.

Dream on Juve, he'll cost more than that.

In other news, The Times reporting Fulham want Charlie Adam as part of a deal for Dempsey. Not entirely sure why...

LegoArmo

Isn't there some kind of joint ownership with Lucas where the club own 80% and his representatives own 20%, and that's due to change in August to 30%. So selling sooner benefits both Sao Paulo and United.

Or what Viva said.

K1LLER7

There's that story which suggests Sao Paolo lose 10% of the fee at the end of this month though...so if they are wanting to sell I would guess they will want to do so ASAP.
Plus there was the story that Moura had offered to lower the amount he gets and United have met his parents/agent.

Clegg

Forgot about that story.

Still think Sao Paolo are looking to start a bidding war though.

Forgot about that story.

I don't think they're gonna have much luck tbh. Not in the next 10 days when clubs know their position weakens by the day.

Plus...I really can't see any other clubs coming in for him, not at the current price.

I doubt we will get him also, it just seems crazy...I don't see anybody paying £30m+ for him this summer.

K1LLER7

Forgot about that story.

They've tried but nobody is interested it seems. Inter don't have the funds and Madrid are busy with getting Modric. If United want him and have actually offered 35m, they're probably in the best position.

Zabojnik

In other news, The Times reporting Fulham want Charlie Adam as part of a deal for Dempsey. Not entirely sure why...

You don't get it. There's no way in hell, heaven or on this planet Juve is offering 35M€ on RVP. I can't even say it with a straight face. If, I repeat, if we somehow manage to offload Melo (8-10M€), Krasic (7-8M€) and Ziegler (3M€), we could maybe, I reapeat, maybe bid 25M€ for Robin. And before that he has to agree to a salary of about 6M€/year, which seems to be more or less our cap. Juve have a 5-year industrial plan, which includes aligning ourselves to the FFP regulations. There will be no crazy bids, no insane transfers.

Zabojnik

You don't get it. There's no way in hell, heaven or on this planet Juve is offering 35M€ for RVP. I can't even say that number with a straight face. If, I repeat, if we somehow manage to offload Melo (8-10M€), Krasic (7-8M€) and Ziegler (3M€), we could maybe, I repeat, maybe bid 25M€ on Robin. And before that he has to agree to a salary of about 6M€/year, which seems to be more or less our cap. Juve have a 5-year industrial plan, which includes aligning ourselves to the FFP regulations. There will be no crazy bids, no insane transfers.

GorillaJu

You don't get it. There's no way in hell, heaven or on this planet Juve is offering 35M€ on RVP. I can't even say it with a straight face. If, I repeat, if we somehow manage to offload Melo (8-10M€), Krasic (7-8M€) and Ziegler (3M€), we could maybe, I reapeat, maybe bid 25M€ for Robin. And before that he has to agree to a salary of about 6M€/year, which seems to be more or less our cap. Juve have a 5-year industrial plan, which includes aligning ourselves to the FFP regulations. There will be no crazy bids, no insane transfers.

He's talking about Suarez :)

And he's right. We could sell but not for 28m. Better for us if he stays at least a year more, and if he wants to leave (likely), sell him for 32+

I thought it was meant to disappear when Hazard didn't happen!
It was but then we signed Kagawa which took care of half that pot.

People were beginning to speculate we had no money again...them BAM. £30m for Moura. Now everyone thinks we got the dollars. Gill and Fergie just need to see it out until the start of the season.

LegoArmo

It was but then we signed Kagawa which took care of half that pot.

People were beginning to speculate we had no money again...them BAM. £30m for Moura. Now everyone thinks we got the dollars. Gill and Fergie just need to see it out until the start of the season.

It's probably the dollars we get from selling Nani to Anzhi.

Because I don't like Manchester United
That explains it!

Are we actually gonna get a proper explanation for this phenomenon? I really don't mind I don't think anybody is offended...it just doesn't make sense why Arsenal would sell to Man City but not Man United, assuming both bids are equal.

BTW, Juve fans, would you guys be happy if you signed Berbatov?

LegoArmo

Arsenal fans should hate Chelsea and City a lot more than they hate United, if they hadn't been bankrolled by billionaires Arsenal would still be a top dog in the Premier League.

GorillaJu

That explains it!

Are we actually gonna get a proper explanation for this phenomenon? I really don't mind I don't think anybody is offended...it just doesn't make sense why Arsenal would sell to Man City but not Man United, assuming both bids are equal.

No one likes the team that wins every year. Doesn't need much explaining.

I don't mean this to sound rude but Liverpool and ManU fans(not all) come across as more aggressive than passionate. While City fans often are quite nice.That's just the ones I have dealt with though.

That being said I'm starting to hate City at a fast rate.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't mean this to sound rude but Liverpool and ManU fans(not all) come across as more aggressive than passionate. While City fans often are quite nice.That's just the ones I have dealt with though.

That's because a lot of United and Liverpool fans have jumped on the club because of history and trophies. City haven't had that yet.

WJD

In my experience Liverpool fans are more aggressive/defensive and United fans are just generally clueless. These being the more "mainstream" fans of course.

Jensen

In my experience Liverpool fans are more aggressive/defensive and United fans are just generally clueless. These being the more "mainstream" fans of course.
I haven't met too many fans other than City, United, Liverpool and that assessment is similar to what I have experienced. City fans, in general, strangely still have that small-club syndrome.

But I do think football out of every sport in the world has the worst "bottom-level" fans who take the sport far too seriously.

Zabojnik

No. Not because Berbasex isn't a classy player, but because that's not who we were promised. Personally, I think even RVP is stretching it, given his age, injuries and wage. I realize it may seem arrogant of me to think so, given that with our limited budget (~ 60M, of which we already we spent 30M+ for Isla and Asamoah, plus 11M for Giovinco, 4M for Boakye ...) can't exactly afford to be picky if the opportunity to sign someone like Robin arises. On the other hand, Marotta & co. have been talking about a 'top player' for three years now and it's time to make true on that promise.

Having said that, if I had to choose between a pippa like Damiao for 20-30M and GayForBerba for far less, I'd certainly go with Berba. Btw, how much is he making at United?

Jensen

No. Not because Berbasex isn't a classy player, but because that's not who we were promised. Personally, I think even RVP is stretching it, given his age, injuries and wage. I realize it may seem arrogant of me to think so, given that with our limited budget (~ 60M, of which we already we spent 30M+ for Isla and Asamoah, plus 11M for Giovinco, 4M for Boakye ...) can't exactly afford to be picky if the opportunity to sign someone like Robin arises. On the other hand, Marotta & co. have been talking about a 'top player' for three years now and it's time to make true on that promise.

Having said that, if I had to choose between Damiao for 20-30M or GayForBerba for far less, I'd certainly go for Berba. Btw, how much is he making at United?
When he signed it was reported that he would be earning around £90,000(115,000 euros) per week.

I'd rather we just sell RVP to Juve for £15million,get it over with and buy a replacement.
If we wait longer and sell to United or City they both become stronger and we don't have time to fill the hole.

Any team has its arsehole fans, period.

I've known two City fans in my life and they were terrible people and supporters. I know quite a few Liverpool fans who are quite insufferable (girlfriend's mother, for instance, has rosier glasses than Cyclops). My best mate is a United fan.

Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom