• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] Mass Effect: Andromeda is $13.25 on Amazon

MrBS

$13 wouldn't stop me from buying just about any game OP, including this one. As others have said at that point its a matter of is the game worth your time. My vote is no. I put about 20 hours into Andromeda and it felt like I was putting in work to get to the fun almost immediately. I thought I'd return to it after I got my new PC build up and running and while I've returned to a few games to see that 4K goodness in action I cannot stomach the idea of more Andromeda.

Still not worth it.

1li1sj.gif

And perfection.

I liked it enough to play through once. It's not worth it for the story but if you like third-person shooters with a bit of exploration, I say go for it.

Dunan

I have the ME trilogy on PS3 and have played the first three hours or so of ME1. I had been looking forward to a glorious odyssey of space games but hearing all this negativity about ME3 and Andromeda it feels like I don't even want to start it.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
*Presses 'Switch Platform' button and changes to PS4*
*Checks Price*

Oh well.

Fury451

Banned
Still not worth it.

I paid full price for it when it came out, I don't even hate it as much as some people, and even I have to agree that it's hard to recommend at any price. If you really love the series there's some fun to be had, but it's largely a gigantic misstep in almost every way. It gets boring incredibly quickly, and basically everything is a swap of stuff you've already seen.

That said, at that price it's hard to say don't try it out if you're interested

autoduelist

Geez man, this game really can't catch a break around these parts.

I put over 100 hours and managed to get all 55 achievements. It's a 8/10, just like Inquisition. Definitely not as bad as many of you are making it out to be, especially after the massive patches it received over the past few months.

I say go buy it.

Man. I bought this earlier in the thread, but even the mention of Inquisition in this post made me race over to Amazon to cancel. I still have collectible/crafting material PSTD, and I only made it through like the first town.

It was in the preparing for shipment process.... so I won't know if the cancellation worked for a bit.

Arghhh. I'm sure I'll enjoy the combat [i hope?] but I can wait for sub $10 for this.

tebunker

Banned
*Presses 'Switch Platform' button and changes to PS4*
*Checks Price*

Oh well.

did you look at the ps4 deluxe edition price? $16 too much for you?

I am debating it but I am more wondering if I really want to commit time to something I don't really want to play

Madness

Got to be worth it for this price surely. SURELY?

It isn't price man. It could be free and still be a shit game to play. I have over 100+ hours into it. It is a solid 6.5 to 7. You will slog through hours of crap. A good 10 hours just to start. A good 30+ hours to get into thr meat of the game and story. The animation outcry was a red herring for how shittily designed the quests and game actually was.

The question is, do you eant to spend 50+ hours bored, slogging or forcing your way to play. If so buy it, play it and move on.

Marjorine

This game depresses me. And it's the gift that keeps on giving with threads like these, that remind me that one of my fave series is probably dead due to Andromeda being such a flaming pile.

Neith

Banned
With how many games are out there, and then so many other things to do, no one could convince me this shite is worth my time. EA done fucked up.

Rixiden

Neo Member
Well they completely abandoned single player and threw away the franchise, but hey the multiplayer is worth it!

I say it's worth the price. I'm currently playing through it and it's not that bad. It ain't Mass Effect 1 and 2, but I'm definitely enjoying it more than 3. Thank goodness for those patches tho.

Soar

Try out the demo and see if it clicks with you. For me the animation and squadmate lines were to distractingly annoying for me to proceed. I know this is very petty but I just can't get over the duck mouth animation.

This game gets more underserved hate than probably anything I have ever seen in my 25 years on this planet. I'm not even just talking about video games or media. I mean anything.

They should do studies on this game. So much to learn about human behavior, marketing, social media, the gaming industry, etc.

Eh... still not worth it to me. Even knowing there are mods on PC to eliminate some of the time sink, excess material, I just have such a backlog of other, probably better games I could be playing instead. I play BioWare games for the characters and the stories and by most accounts, even getting rid of all the timesink garbage, the story and characters in MEA seem just kind of "ok" but nothing to really write home about.

HariKari

I have the ME trilogy on PS3 and have played the first three hours or so of ME1. I had been looking forward to a glorious odyssey of space games but hearing all this negativity about ME3 and Andromeda it feels like I don't even want to start it.

1-3 are great. ME3, especially with the DLC (get it), is fantastic until the last mission or so. Don't let the stank of Andromeda make you miss one of the best trilogies out there. A different team did it and it's mercifully separate from the original trilogy's storyline.

BasilZero

Still $49.99 on Origin

lmao

Probably wont be $13.25 on there till another few years.

I bought ME3 Digital Deluxe for $15 almost two years ago which is 3 years after the game came out.

Edit: Standard is $39.99 regular price, blurgh.

Arklite

This game gets more underserved hate than probably anything I have ever seen in my 25 years on this planet. I'm not even just talking about video games or media. I mean anything.

They should do studies on this game. So much to learn about human behavior, marketing, social media, the gaming industry, etc.

You're tunnel visioned. Even now Marvel Infinite is the butt of every joke. Lots of games get undue amounts of flack, and Marvel is merely ugly while Andromeda was a legitimate $60 beta at launch.

That said, Andromeda is easily worth ~$15. There's plenty of content and if you like the themes, locales, and interactions of past Mass Effects then this game hits all the major points. Just not the finer points.

Ploid 3.0

At $13-14, the PC version is well worth giving a try, especially if you use this mod list:

Just make sure you don't do any Additional Tasks and stop the planet quests once you hit 100% viability, especially if all that's left if just helping people out. That stuff does have a little pay off at the end, but isn't necessary or particularly rewarding.

wow that's a lot of mods, does the PC version still have Denuvo?

Still $49.99 on Origin

lmao

Probably wont be $13.25 on there till another few years.

I bought ME3 Digital Deluxe for $15 almost two years ago which is 3 years after the game came out.

Edit: Standard is $39.99 regular price, blurgh.

Darnit, I was just about to check.

Man this game gets lower and lower every month on offer and I still say "ehhh, still seems a bit steep." Hearing it's not worth the time is what stopped me from playing this. Maybe one day when I get mistakenly overhype for Anthem, I'll impulse buy this.

At $13-14, the PC version is well worth giving a try, especially if you use this mod list:

Just make sure you don't do any Additional Tasks and stop the planet quests once you hit 100% viability, especially if all that's left if just helping people out. That stuff does have a little pay off at the end, but isn't necessary or particularly rewarding.

Not all heroes wear capes. Thanks for saving me hours.

joecanada

Man. I bought this earlier in the thread, but even the mention of Inquisition in this post made me race over to Amazon to cancel. I still have collectible/crafting material PSTD, and I only made it through like the first town.

It was in the preparing for shipment process.... so I won't know if the cancellation worked for a bit.

Arghhh. I'm sure I'll enjoy the combat [i hope?] but I can wait for sub $10 for this.

Lol welcome to the new bioware... I'll be waiting till next decade for their next good game I suppose. On the upside 2020 is only like 2 years away !

prag16

Banned
Every time, the "lol it's a piece of shit not worth $0" brigade descends on these topics. Wonder how many of them have played more than the free trial.

It's a flawed game that I paid full price (well minus Prime discount) for and got more than my money's worth. The key is not to play it as a 60-100 hour game. Play it like a 30-40 hour game like the rest of the Mass Effect games and you're in much better shape.

-Main missions
-Loyalty missions (and most of the rest of "allies and relationships" category)
-Heleus missions enough to get planets viable
-DO NOT do any "additional tasks"
-Profit

A lot of things get a ton of undeserved hate, to be fair. A LOT of things. But this is definitely up there. Got some deserved hate too, but the undeserved hate almost completely drowned out and trivialized that. Still my GOTY for now. Thought PUBG might surpass it, but now I'm not so sure since I can only play that game more if I rebuy it on a new Steam account (my dumb ass didn't have two factor authentication enabled, and my account was compromised for 17 hours during which the asshole thief got me banned from PUBG for cheating... guess he was mad that I didn't have any trading cards or any such shit of value on my account, and did it for spite...).

16.63 $ for DELUXE PS4 is excellent price, stop whining USA.

Buy this game, play it sell it on Ebay for 10$ easily...where is the problem?

:)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Every time, the "lol it's a piece of shit not worth $0" brigade descends on these topics. Wonder how many of them have played more than the free trial.

It's a flawed game that I paid full price (well minus Prime discount) for and got more than my money's worth. The key is not to play it as a 60-100 hour game. Play it like a 30-40 hour game like the rest of the Mass Effect games and you're in much better shape.

-Main missions
-Loyalty missions (and most of the rest of "allies and relationships" category)
-Heleus missions enough to get planets viable
-DO NOT do any "additional tasks"
-Profit .

Meh, even the main missions are meh (though the last part was rather good, I admit--although "good" is probably not the right term, "better than the rest" is the one that I should use), and the loyalty missions were also nothing to write about. It's amazing (ly awful) just how little you have as a player to make decisions that influence the game, even if the game touted so proudly on the loading screen about how much world-changing Ryder's decision going to be (meh).

Also, Angara was lame as fuck, especially when you compare it to say, Geth.

Also, coming from a 1000 hours or so of ME3 MP, the MP for this game also IMO awful on several kinds of levels.

I wouldn't call this overall a "terrible" game, but I would call it terrible in the sense that it disappoints my expectations of a follow up game to a franchise I loved so dearly.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I'll probably keep this bookmarked if I ever decide to buy this game.

Malo

Banned
Ended up cancelling my Amazon order. Don't really have time to play it and my backlog is pretty sizeable at the moment.

Megatron

This game has been slowly dropping even since this thread was created. Its now under $10.50 new at Amazon for the regular edition, while the deluxe is $11.94 (ps4) or 11.36 (xb1) I finally gave in and bought the deluxe.

Top Bottom