• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

So I wake up and my new GAF identity has been STOLEN?!

What da feck!

Milhouse now!

Milhouse_Future.png

Among the collectors of us, it was already known for a year. But I do think the most forgot the announcement. ThreeA is doing Halo figures. Who is ThreeA? ThreeA is a company which does high quality status. One of the founder is Ashley Wood, the guy who did MGS Portable Ops cutscenes, the cover of the Art Of Building Worlds limited edition book. Now kotaku showed the first pic of a Halo Figure. It's Carter. But it is the best looking Carter until yet. Give me the Anniversary and Halo 4 Chief please!

Edit.: Btw ThreeA is producing the badass Metal Gear: REX.

TheOddOne

Among the collectors of us, it was already known for a year. But I do think the most forgot the announcement. ThreeA is doing Halo figures. Who is ThreeA? ThreeA is a company which does high quality status. Founder is Ashley Wood, the guy who did MGS Portable Ops cutscenes, the cover of the Art Of Building Worlds limited edition book. Now kotaku showed the first pic of a Halo Figures. It's Carter. But it is the best looking Carter until yet. Give me the Anniversary and Halo 4 Chief please!
Ohh shit that looks awesome.

Carice van Houten is a terrible actrice, every time she says that line I cringe.
Glad I'm not the only one (sorry Plywood). Most of the casting has been spot on, but her and Asha Yara are...questionable at best.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Masterful trolling, Tunavi.

Among the collectors of us, it was already known for a year. But I do think the most forgot the announcement. ThreeA is doing Halo figures. Who is ThreeA? ThreeA is a company which does high quality status. Founder is Ashley Wood, the guy who did MGS Portable Ops cutscenes, the cover of the Art Of Building Worlds limited edition book. Now kotaku showed the first pic of a Halo Figures. It's Carter. But it is the best looking Carter until yet. Give me the Anniversary and Halo 4 Chief please!
Fuck. I would be all over it but I've only a little love for Carter. None of the Reach characters would be worth it for me. Need more time with them, more than we got.

Spiders

Among the collectors of us, it was already known for a year. But I do think the most forgot the announcement. ThreeA is doing Halo figures. Who is ThreeA? ThreeA is a company which does high quality status. One of the founder is Ashley Wood, the guy who did MGS Portable Ops cutscenes, the cover of the Art Of Building Worlds limited edition book. Now kotaku showed the first pic of a Halo Figure. It's Carter. But it is the best looking Carter until yet. Give me the Anniversary and Halo 4 Chief please!

That might just be the coolest action figure I've ever seen.

Gui_PT

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGG my wallet!

original.gif

Shamelessly copied from a kotaku poster.

Myyke

Neo Member

*Googles ThreeA Metal Gear Rex*

*Sees price*

*Tries to convince himself he didn't want one anyway*

Myyke

Neo Member
You don't even like metal gear you hobo!

I don't have much love for the Metal Gear series now, but when I was young and supple and Japanese quirkyness didn't annoy me Metal Gear Solid was pretty much permanently in my Playstation.

Metal Gear Rex is the coolest looking Mech ever designed in my eyes (Aside from MechaKyleJ of course) and it even had the ability to roar like a dinosaur.

monome

this is good

yet, I'm already enamored with the techier Spartan IV armor.

That said, I'll buy the Didact statute, and I won't check the price beforehand.

Find a random (Dutch) movie she plays in and you'll have a pretty big chance you'll find what you search ;)

Google has shown me the greatness of the Dutch women.

I don't have much love for the Metal Gear series now, but when I was young and supple and Japanese quirkyness didn't annoy me Metal Gear Solid was pretty much permanently in my Playstation.

Metal Gear Rex is the coolest looking Mech ever designed in my eyes (Aside from MechaKyleJ of course) and it even had the ability to roar like a dinosaur.

JdBYe.gif

Find a random (Dutch) movie she plays in and you'll have a pretty big chance you'll find what you search ;)

Very nice.

Not really.

kylej

Banned
Playing MP made me realize I LOVE the (smooth, long) race tracks and HATE the (jump, brake) puzzle tracks. Game is cracky.

You have seen the Trials map editor yes? You have seen Forge in Halo: Reach yes?

You know what to do Frankie. You know what to do.

tonystarejeml(1).gif

WJD

I'm back from Coachella!(which by the way was fucking awesome and huge props to thezerofire for being such an awesome guy!) I know you guys missed me, right?

So, folks, if I ever move to CA, I know what street to move to. I bet a bunch of y'all already live here.

sW9bD.jpg

yes i know there's an e. closeenough.png

Does that sign say 1/2 MILF?

Because I certainly hope so.

Overdoziz

Banned
You have seen the Trials map editor yes? You have seen Forge in Halo: Reach yes?

You know what to do Frankie. You know what to do.

tonystarejeml(1).gif
Someone created a map in which you play as the shadow of your bike/rider and you drive on a shadowtrack. Shit is insane.
Controls for the editor are really annoying though.

Gazzawa

Thanks again Elzar 4 da GR beta key. Its downloaded so I will try play it later. Can't wait for some Operation Metro tonight. LMG-Extended Mag-bipod-prone here we go.
Havent played reach lately as im doing an insanity renegade run on me3. I felt really bad after the tuchunka mission. Whoever wrote that mission should have written the rest of the game. brilliant.

Just seen this mentioned in a thread on the gaming side. Man what a badass scene.

Halo 2 return to sender.

So what was your favourite cutscene(s) throughout games halogaf?

I have always been a bit partial to the arbiter cutscene.

I really liked Halo 3's cutscenes.

These 4 stood out for me personally:

The ending of floodgate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWESaDacO0I

The ark beginning of the mission
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9bhsReKbI8

The covenant, also the beginning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpLrYUtQwVU

The covenant, the end cutscene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqRR4DPPfbY&feature=fvst and this one because they go together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYqnZuwk3q0

I played Halo 1 back in X-Mas 2001, so I didn't really know anything. The Flood reveal just knocked me and my little brother straight on our asses.

Of course now we're probably get gonna extensive gameplay videos of the Didact or whatever the fuck 3-4 months before the game even comes out.

Karl2177

Thanks again Elzar 4 da GR beta key. Its downloaded so I will try play it later. Can't wait for some Operation Metro tonight. LMG-Extended Mag-bipod-prone here we go.
Havent played reach lately as im doing an insanity renegade run on me3. I felt really bad after the tuchunka mission. Whoever wrote that mission should have written the rest of the game. brilliant.

Rannoch is also an amazing series of missions. In fact all of the game was brilliantly done, except for the ending.

Cutscenes:

Well yesterday I posted a list of my favorite Halo 3 cutscenes. There are too many to list from Halo 2, but I think my favorite cutscene is the Flood reveal.

I played Halo 1 back in X-Mas 2001, so I didn't really know anything. The Flood reveal just knocked me and my little brother straight on our asses.

Of course now we're probably get gonna extensive gameplay videos of the Didact or whatever the fuck 3-4 months before the game even comes out.

First ever playthrough, I skipped it that cutscene by accident, needless to say, we were (my friend was there) petrified about what was going to come through those doors.

Cutscenes:
Reach: none of them stood out​

None at all? I really liked arming of the bomb on the pelican cutscene, especially when you see dot track Jorge and see the scale.

Top Bottom