• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Blade Runner 2049' trailer #4

Happy to see Villeneuve didn't skimp on atmospheric vista/cityscape pans. I'm not a super fan of his, but the man knows how to construct a scene and set some mood. This is the first footage that's made me hopeful. Unfortunately I'm fully expecting an underperforming slow thriller that the masses find too ponderous to really embrace which will make studios even more hesitant to hand out these kinds of budgets to these kinds of movies. But we'll see.

On another note, Ana de Armas is just.... whew, fam.

Yeah. I hate how this is feeling more and more likely that it will flop

People should care too. I can't really see WB or any other studios continuing this kind of big budget output when they see how much money they will lose as opposed to going the Disney route with average crowd pleasers and wildly successful properties.

Plus what if this throws a wrench in villeneuves plan to adapt dune next. Hoping for the best with this one

People should care too. I can't really see WB or any other studios continuing this kind of big budget output when they see how much money they will lose as opposed to going the Disney route with average crowd pleasers and wildly successful properties.

Plus what if this throws a wrench in villeneuves plan to adapt dune next. Hoping for the best with this one

Tracking seems to be solid at 40-45m so far.

Want to say most of the risk exposure is on Alcon Entertainment, not WB/Sony but point still stands for you

Jarmel

Banned

I'm starting to think that cyberpunk is just box office poison. I have to see though how the reviews turn out.

Movie doesn't really look very Cinema Noir. The pacing, the environment, the score, is what made the original Blade Runner great. This has none of it, by the trailers. It's just too actiony.
I'm actually quite turned off from it now.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member

It's weird. I thought there'd be more excitement for a new Blade Runner. Guess I'm out of touch.

People really think the dude that has made 3 of the best movies that have come out in the last 4 years or so is going to mess this up ?

Jarmel

Banned
There is much more excitement for a new Blade Runner today compared to the excitement for Blade Runner back in the day.

Are we sure about that? I looked up how much the original Blade Runner made in its opening weekend as a percentage of its budget.

6,150,002/28,000,000= 0.21964

So 21.96%

I then did this for the projected opening weekend for Blade Runner 2049 and its estimated budget.

40,000,000/185,000,000= 0.2162

21.62%

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
https://youtu.be/T0kobbjpdUg

Movie doesn't really look very Cinema Noir. The pacing, the environment, the score, is what made the original Blade Runner great. This has none of it, by the trailers. It's just too actiony.
I'm actually quite turned off from it now.
Lmao.
We haven't even seen the movie. The trailers feature plenty atmospheric scenes. They are TRAILERS, they're supposed to show flashy action to get butts in seats.

Simo

Wait, the embargo doesn't drop until release day?

Nope? Social media embargo is up this Tuesday as the LA film press saw it Friday night. They can't talk plot specifics though.

Full review embargo is up Monday October 2nd at 9am.

I also caught a rather spoilery tv spot the other night I wished I hadn't. :/

Top Bottom