• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kim Jong Un Issues Statement on Trump

the general dismissal of NK as this being normal is frighting. this is as close to nuclear war as the worlds been since 1962. there is no mil-mil communication to downplay this and both leaders are afraid of backing down to not look week to their "base"

there is a very real chance of a nuclear war. yes it might be 10% but that means it happens 1 out of 10 times. That's insanely high with these weapons.

They do it they'll cause an EMP that will disable half the ships in the Pacific. That would be an act of war.
EMP that will disable half the ships in the pacific?

thats not how these things work, if you seriously belief that you have no idea what your talking about

Dr.Acula

Banned
The point is, put Trump in the same situation as Un and he'd probably have grown up to be pretty much the exact same person and loved it. Trump doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything but himself. The ONLY reason he's any different is because he grew up in the west where he would have been put down hard if he walked too far over the line. There's a reason why Trump kisses up to every dictator and authoritarian piece of shit he's ever met; he looks up to them and wishes he could be in a similar situation. If the man could shut down the US and become god king like his followers wish for, he wouldn't even think twice about it except to wonder if it would get in the way of his playing golf every other weekend.

Un is a piece of shit and no one to look up to, but it's really telling that he can even put out a measured response like this when Trump seems to be nearly incapable of doing anything but bluster like a baby. There's not a single person in here who thinks Un is a good person or someone to look up to, they're more flabbergasted that our goddamn president can basically be this easily outplayed by the words of an insane despot. The end.

Truthfact.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...un-for-his-firm-hand-with-executed-uncle.html

“You’ve got to give him credit. How many young guys - he was like 26 or 25 when his father died - take over these tough generals, and all of a sudden... he goes in, he takes over, he’s the boss,”

“It’s incredible. He wiped out the uncle, he wiped out this one, that one. This guy doesn’t play games.”

That's something Trump said about Kim Jong Un.

Trump was talking about Kim's uncle:

His comments appear to be a reference to the disappearance of Jang Song Taek, who married the sister of Kim's father and predecessor as supreme leader, Kim Jong-Il.

He was accused of being a counter-revolutionary, was stripped abruptly of all his posts and his image digitally removed from regime photographs. North Korea announced his execution following conviction by a special military tribunal.

Trump admires Kim for that.

As you say, if the script were flipped, Trump would a) totally accept the leadership of NK, and b) would totally be a murderous dictator.

Shauni

I can't believe the hate for trump has some people seeing Kim as poised and rational. Take your hate blinders off for a sec and remember who this guy is. I hate trump, I really do. But the way he is handeling them right now is the only way to go about it. Kim is shook and this unprecedented speech shows that. He isn't getting any kind of handout this time from threats and now he's acting rational for once. His bark didn't work and this is his wimper seeking sympathy.

You are half right, half so wrong it's almost disorienting coming from the first half

kyser73

Trump might be shitty but he’s not a dictator that starving his people and has fucking prison camps.

No, he's a white supremacist who presides over a state & private security apparatus that can murder & incarcerate African-Americans with impunity, and is attempting to dismantle a healthcare option that when gone will result in people being unable to afford medical care.

So yeah, he might not be a dictator, and he might not be putting people in camps, but let's not pretend that the US can speak from some position of moral authority about incarceration or citizen welfare.

brian577

Banned
the general dismissal of NK as this being normal is frighting. this is as close to nuclear war as the worlds been since 1962. there is no mil-mil communication to downplay this and both leaders are afraid of backing down to not look week to their "base"

there is a very real chance of a nuclear war. yes it might be 10% but that means it happens 1 out of 10 times. That's insanely high with these weapons.

EMP that will disable half the ships in the pacific?

thats not how these things work, if you seriously belief that you have no idea what your talking about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfish_Prime#Explosion

They wouldn't detonate the thing at sea level unless they want to risk vaporizing a few ships.

No, he's a white supremacist who presides over a state & private security apparatus that can murder & incarcerate African-Americans with impunity, and is attempting to dismantle a healthcare option that when gone will result in people being unable to afford medical care.

So yeah, he might not be a dictator, and he might not be putting people in camps, but let's not pretend that the US can speak from some position of moral authority about incarceration or citizen welfare.

I appreciate your point, but you did literally nothing to prove that Trump has less of a moral position than Kim Jong Un. Are you going to act for one second like North Korea would be more progressive in racial issues than Trump, rather than the opposite? At the very least Trump isn't torturing and murdering his own chosen class, not that that is much solace since he's doing the same to everyone else.

they want to prove to the US that they are capable of retaliation and striking targets, that their program is done and operational.

they want to stop all the nonsense and doubts about their program that make people like the donald wantonly threaten distruction

they want the US to stop talking as if they can end this militarily without millions dying and the second nuclear war ever

yeah this would be a huge difference from launching empty ICBMs

if they test something that works it changes the game but could also escalate things super fast

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Kim Jong enslaves his people, commits ethical cleansing, runs political torture camps, has state run media which controls everything, and starves his people to fund a nuclear program (45% of children have malnutrition) - oh and fired ICBMs over Japan and threateded nuclear war numerous times.

Repulsive doesn’t even begin to describe Kim Jong. People actually supporting anything he says is just ludicrous - giving him any credit for anything other than stepping down, turning himself in to the UN, and being prosecuted for war crimes is just insane.
Y’all are delusional in this thread, acting like he’s taking some moral high ground with his bs. Oh what fucking ever, keep launching rockets you asshole and deal with your sanctions.

Who is doing that? All we're doing is laughing at how easily he outplays Trump.

At the very least Trump isn't torturing and murdering his own chosen class
If he could get away with it, he probably would. The US' system of checks and balances, as broken as it is, is what stops Trump from being like Kim, not his morals or his personality.

lmao

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I know man, whataboutism is so hard. Maybe he needs to use an anti airgun on his own staff? Create concentration camps? Starve your entire population? Threaten other countries with nuclear annihilation to the point where the entire world is against you? Wanting to test nukes in the ocean again? I think the last nuclear bomb tests were some 20 years ago with India and Pakistan(Outside of NK), last non-underground was in the beginning of the 80's.

Versus failing at repealing Obamacare every single time so far and blaming him for a complete failure in our countries government system, that anyone refuses to address in power.

Of course they are equal! No, this is one of the few fucking cases where he can speak. Because at the very least, we do seem to have some sense in the government in keeping a status quo in this world, out of Trump's hands. Not dropping another nuke in the world. The last thing we need is anything about Un being normalized at all.

Who is doing that? All we're doing is laughing at how easily he outplays Trump.

If he could get away with it, he probably would. The US' system of checks and balances, as broken as it is, is what stops Trump from being like Kim, not his morals or his personality.

lmao

You say that, then ignore the fact that the North Korean media, ran by the state, says things like "it would be perfect for Obama to live with a group of monkeys in the world’s largest African natural zoo and lick the bread crumbs thrown by spectators." They're not on the same fucking level and it's a joke to compare them.

Dr.Acula

Banned
You say that, then ignore the fact that the North Korean media, ran by the state, says things like "it would be perfect for Obama to live with a group of monkeys in the world’s largest African natural zoo and lick the bread crumbs thrown by spectators." They're not on the same fucking level and it's a joke to compare them.

Yeah, NK said Obama should live in Africa, and Trump said Obama was born in Africa.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You say that, then ignore the fact that the North Korean media, ran by the state, says things like "it would be perfect for Obama to live with a group of monkeys in the world's largest African natural zoo and lick the bread crumbs thrown by spectators." They're not on the same fucking level and it's a joke to compare them.
Why did you ignore everything I said and what does Kim's other speeches have to do with this?

If Trump could get away with calling Obama a monkey, he totally would. For fuck's sake he got away with his birther shit which he did for years! Not to mention calling Mexicans rapists, etc.

Politics and US law is what's stopping Trump from being like Kim, not his moral compass.

kyser73

I appreciate your point, but you did literally nothing to prove that Trump has less of a moral position than Kim Jong Un. Are you going to act for one second like North Korea would be more progressive in racial issues than Trump, rather than the opposite? At the very least Trump isn't torturing and murdering his own chosen class, not that that is much solace since he's doing the same to everyone else.

I know man, whataboutism is so hard. Maybe he needs to use an anti airgun on his own staff? Create concentration camps? Starve your entire population? Threaten other countries with nuclear annihilation to the point where the entire world is against you? Wanting to test nukes in the ocean again? I think the last nuclear bomb tests were some 20 years ago with India and Pakistan(Outside of NK), last non-underground was in the beginning of the 80's.

Versus failing at repealing Obamacare every single time so far and blaming him for a complete failure in our countries government system, that anyone refuses to address in power.

Of course they are equal! No, this is one of the few fucking cases where he can speak. Because at the very least, we do seem to have some sense in the government in keeping a status quo in this world, out of Trump's hands. Not dropping another nuke in the world. The last thing we need is anything about Un being normalized at all.

Did I say they were equal? No, I did not.

Kthulhu

Choosing between Trump and Kim Jong Un....

Is like choosing between a bottle of piss laced with kool-aid, or dog crap that was laid to rest in the sun all day and then thrown on bread.

Pass me some of what you're smoking.

I utterly despise Trump, but Kim is worse, it's not even close.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Did I say they were equal? No, I did not.

"let's not pretend that the US can speak from some position of moral authority about incarceration or citizen welfare."

So what you call it then? Equal? Sort of equal? Close? Same?

Either they can speak on moral authority, indicating some resemblance of a better ground to stand on or they can not, indicating a weaker or similar position.

I can't believe I'm living in a world where a dictator is telling the united states president what the UN stands for lol

Exactly my thoughts. Joke aside (lol, "a frightened dog barks louder"), it's fucking amazing that Kim Jong Fucking Un is explaining to the US President what the UN is about.

Fucking hell.

Megatron

I really thought this would be the thread where people would be on Trump's side. I hate the guy too, but some people really need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Zomba13

Never thought I'd think "You know, that Kim Jong Un has a point". Fucking Trump.

Kim Jong enslaves his people, commits ethical cleansing, runs political torture camps, has state run media which controls everything, and starves his people to fund a nuclear program (45% of children have malnutrition) - oh and fired ICBMs over Japan and threateded nuclear war numerous times.

Repulsive doesn't even begin to describe Kim Jong. People actually supporting anything he says is just ludicrous - giving him any credit for anything other than stepping down, turning himself in to the UN, and being prosecuted for war crimes is just insane.

Well, yeah, but If Kim Jong Un said "The sky is blue and 2+2=4!" I'm not going to say "That man is a liar! He's wrong and no one should ever say he was correct on this matter of fact!" Because that is something Trump says.

Repulsive doesn’t even begin to describe Kim Jong. People actually supporting anything he says is just ludicrous - giving him any credit for anything other than stepping down, turning himself in to the UN, and being prosecuted for war crimes is just insane.

Yeah I'm going with this.

I won't celebrate anything he says. And honestly, he sounds scared.

Tamanator

Rocket Man is the dotard. For the first time in decades, the North Korean regime is scared. People are blind if they think that the status quo can last. But I guess since it involves Trump we all have to be blindly supportive of North Korea...

Hypron

Rocket Man is the dotard. For the first time in decades, the North Korean regime is scared. People are blind if they think that the status quo can last. But I guess since it involves Trump we all have to be blindly supportive of North Korea...

Regardless of how much of a piece of shit Kim is, dotard describes Trump well. Listen to a Trump interview from 10-20 years ago and any of his current speeches. The difference is stark.

You are half right, half so wrong it's almost disorienting coming from the first half

I think drawing a line in the sand in terms that Kim understands was the right call. You may not like the way trump said it, but it's the only language monsters like Kim really absorb into there thick skulls. This speech being so out of character should be evidence enough he's shook. Old flexing and threatening tactics aren't working so now he's acting all shocked by trump, fuck that.

The pot calling the kettle black

To be honest, Kim ain’t been doing much talking.

He’s been building and testing nukes and missiles and not giving any single fucks.

Trump has been the one doing all the talking about if you don’t stop I’m gonna do this and that and fire and fury and totally destroy NK and blah blah blah.

Doc_Drop

I think drawing a line in the sand in terms that Kim understands was the right call. You may not like the way trump said it, but it's the only language monsters like Kim really absorb into there thick skulls. This speech being so out of character should be evidence enough he's shook. Old flexing and threatening tactics aren't working so now he's acting all shocked by trump, fuck that.
Or Kim has found a stupid enough world leader to be able to antagonise to force the relevancy of his dictatorship.

He's not scared. He's (really his apparatus) is using the threats to play the victim and keep control over his populace because the only thing that strengthens his control is anti American sentiment which Trump is giving him. If Kim really want to be obliterated there are numerous ways he could have done so.

Trumps talk is worthless because he's not launching a first strike. Kim knows as long as he saber rattles the US won't do anything.

He's not scared. He's (really his apparatus) is using the threats to play the victim and keep control over his populace because the only thing that strengthens his control is anti American sentiment which Trump is giving him. If Kim really want to be obliterated there are numerous ways he could have done so.

Trumps talk is worthless because he's not launching a first strike. Kim knows as long as he saber rattles the US won't do anything.

Exactly. That statement he made was for us. I can see him running videos of Trump threatening to destroy the entire country to his people right now just to show them how much a threat the west is to their very lives. Probably working double time on those nukes now.

bitbydeath

Didn't he just condemn over 25 million people to die? I don't think we should be playing favourites with either.

Or Kim has found a stupid enough world leader to be able to antagonise to force the relevancy of his dictatorship.

His regime was already relevant before trump. not everything can be pinned on trumps arrogance and stupidity. That being said I think his straight forward bullish approach to Kim is the right move.

I agree. This issue isn't funny and NK's citizens are living a completely Orwellian life.

For those into new words

Orwellian" is an adjective describing a situation, idea, or societal condition that George Orwell identified as being destructive to the welfare of a free and open society"

They are basically brainwashed and living in constant fear. Free thinking is destroyed and any anti government talk will get you locked into a camp never to be seen again as your mate grassed you into the police for a slice of bread. On top of that your family will also be punished.

Raining fire and brimstone down onto these citizens would be a crime. Although I believe the regime is one of the worst on earth, solving the problem with force can't be the way. China needs to act more than it is.

Top Bottom