• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kim Jong Un Issues Statement on Trump

numble

I know you guys hate to hear this, but it looks to me like Trump has this guy legitimately rattled. Some choice, non-DPRK-like quotes:

I just want to go back to playing the game, I make threats and you relieve sanctions and let me continue to build a nuclear arsenal.

Shit... we aren't supposed to be the ones who feel threatened. Let me consult grandpa's Western Strategy manual.

(This is just weird because NK has threatened/promised nuclear annihilation of the US, I'm not sure how this is more ferocious a declaration of war)

Usually with NK you would hear rhetoric of total annihilation, they will smite the cocky Yankees and reduce General Washington's farmland to ashes with their impenetrable patriotic forces, etc. Now it seems like the dog got barked back at and is whimpering a bit.

I can see that too. How odd. How is he playing victim yet the populous of NK are the real victims :\

shut the fuck up and deal with the sanctions you dumb ass bitch. chuckling while your country has the potential to waste away because the US isn't going to give you a seat at the big kid's table for acting like a psychotic piece of shit (who has no leverage like other countries) is pathetic. enjoy your eventual downfall

the only thing i agree with trump on 80% (versus other topics which are close to 0%)

YUP

this is one scenario where trump's mostly bullshit "america first, give no budge" is actually beneficial. tell them you will erase them from the earth and to shut the fuck the up and let the pieces fall into place. the day we give NK equal opinion/footing on the world table because they are not only threatening to give other countries a nuclear holocaust but actively firing missiles over them, is a dark day for humanity and gives a very dangerous precedent. more and more i'm thankful that the one country who got nukes first was the US, it terrifies me to imagine what germany in the 40s or NK now would have done if they were the first. use them responsibly? uhhhhhhhh NOPE

This was my read as well.

I disagree. Usually you hear threats to the US from the media in their country, i.e., their equivalent of Fox News, not the head of state. I don't think he has ever threatened or promised "total annihilation" or "nuclear annihilation" of the US. I am happy to be proven wrong with citations.

fakefaker

really now? it's not our job to educate you on the leader of NK's atrocities and his father's. read up before sticking your head up your bum and crab walking to this thread fam thanks

Of course Kim has committed atrocities. No one's debating that. But saying Trump isn't two steps away from being the same evil dictator is just naive. Also, I'm not sticking my head into my bum, you need to get your head out of yours.

Oersted

Trump: "Reflection, huh? Fair enough."

*spends next three hours admiring self in mirror*

john-cena-donald-trump.jpg

Of course Kim has committed atrocities. No one's debating that. But saying Trump isn't two steps away from being the same evil dictator is just naive. Also, I'm not sticking my head into my bum, you need to get your head out of yours.

Obviously your head is up your bum if Trump is only two steps behind someone who keeps child sex slaves to feed him caviar.

Gragen

I hate these threads because of posts like this. There are procedures in place that would keep any potus (trump) from becoming anything close to a dictator. Don't be naive.

you're saying trump is two steps away from kim jong fucking un and have the gonads to tell me to get my head out of my ass? ok right, like i said, you're on the internet and can jump on wikipedia any second to read about what him and his father have done to his country and the citizens. it's not gaf's job to play let's learn history 101 and show you.

these drive-by comments sourced in ignorance serve what exactly? gaf doesn't have upvotes, or karma, or credit of any kind. you're not getting high-fives for being needlessly and witlessly ignorant of a topic for the sole purpose of posting one-liners.

both men are evil. true. but life is a gradient and on the evil one they aren't even close, let alone two steps away. people like you are why the left eats itself, how do you reason with someone like you?

I can't believe the hate for trump has some people seeing Kim as poised and rational. Take your hate blinders off for a sec and remember who this guy is. I hate trump, I really do. But the way he is handeling them right now is the only way to go about it. Kim is shook and this unprecedented speech shows that. He isn't getting any kind of handout this time from threats and now he's acting rational for once. His bark didn't work and this is his wimper seeking sympathy.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
You people siding with Baby Face Lunatic Shithead? You people worry me.
On one hand, you have a gigantic piece of shit, on the other hand, another gigantic piece of shit. Basically a giant shitdick measuring contest between the two.

i really hope Dennis Rodman became an undercover fed agent when he retired from balling and is going to poison or snap the neck of Kim one day, and become the hero america needs.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
On one hand, you have a gigantic piece of shit, on the other hand, another gigantic piece of shit. Basically a giant shitdick measuring contest between the two.

While I love watching Trump get embarrassed by anybody, it's not a competition at all between who the bigger shit head is.

Eylos

Banned
I think who should handle the situation is the South Korean/japan government mostly, Trump should only support what they think its best and consult they before talking about NK.
They are the main target If shit happens.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Logically speaking, there is a huuuuge diffference in the level of shittiness between these two shitheads. To suggest they both suck is one thing, but to think that they're even close at all in magnitude? That's just ignorant of history. Body count alone is lopsided as hell.

Logically speaking, there is a huuuuge diffference in the level of shittiness between these two shitheads. To suggest they both suck is one thing, but to think that they're even close at all in magnitude? That's just ignorant of history. Body count alone is lopsided as hell.

The point is, put Trump in the same situation as Un and he'd probably have grown up to be pretty much the exact same person and loved it. Trump doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything but himself. The ONLY reason he's any different is because he grew up in the west where he would have been put down hard if he walked too far over the line. There's a reason why Trump kisses up to every dictator and authoritarian piece of shit he's ever met; he looks up to them and wishes he could be in a similar situation. If the man could shut down the US and become god king like his followers wish for, he wouldn't even think twice about it except to wonder if it would get in the way of his playing golf every other weekend.

Un is a piece of shit and no one to look up to, but it's really telling that he can even put out a measured response like this when Trump seems to be nearly incapable of doing anything but bluster like a baby. There's not a single person in here who thinks Un is a good person or someone to look up to, they're more flabbergasted that our goddamn president can basically be this easily outplayed by the words of an insane despot. The end.

Mikey Jr.

Kim sounds like a fucking idiot, lol.

Makes fun of Trump, but says the exact same shit, about he will destroy America, Guam, lol.

Both numbskulls.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
CNN is reporting NK foreign minister said his country could test hydrogen bomb over Pacific Ocean.

edit: beaten

I know you guys hate to hear this, but it looks to me like Trump has this guy legitimately rattled. Some choice, non-DPRK-like quotes:

I just want to go back to playing the game, I make threats and you relieve sanctions and let me continue to build a nuclear arsenal.

Shit... we aren't supposed to be the ones who feel threatened. Let me consult grandpa's Western Strategy manual.

(This is just weird because NK has threatened/promised nuclear annihilation of the US, I'm not sure how this is more ferocious a declaration of war)

Usually with NK you would hear rhetoric of total annihilation, they will smite the cocky Yankees and reduce General Washington's farmland to ashes with their impenetrable patriotic forces, etc. Now it seems like the dog got barked back at and is whimpering a bit.

Not sure I agree with that. It's still the same old game except the roasting is ratchted up to another level.

All Trump's dumbass hypocritical statements will result in is more blatant testing of nukes/ICBM to show that sanctions aren't doing shit.

snap

Banned
Kim sounds like a fucking idiot, lol.

Makes fun of Trump, but says the exact same shit, about he will destroy America, Guam, lol.

Both numbskulls.

north korea always says that shit, they live for it

trump saying it makes him look like a dumbass

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Scary to think the fate of the world depends on one of these two getting their feelings too hurt.

"North Korea could test hydrogen bomb over Pacific Ocean, says foreign minister"
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/21/politics/kim-jong-un-on-trump-comments/index.html

so they want to test out in the open now?

they want to prove to the US that they are capable of retaliation and striking targets, that their program is done and operational.

they want to stop all the nonsense and doubts about their program that make people like the donald wantonly threaten distruction

they want the US to stop talking as if they can end this militarily without millions dying and the second nuclear war ever

brian577

Banned
CNN is reporting NK foreign minister said his country could test hydrogen bomb over Pacific Ocean.

edit: beaten

Like they were going to fire a missile towards Guam and "envelope it in fire"?

Don't take their more bellicose statements seriously.

brian577

Banned
This is the exact attitude that is going to lead to them doing this.

They can do this. They might.

They do it they'll cause an EMP that will disable half the ships in the Pacific. That would be an act of war. Not to mention all the radiation in the atmosphere. Nukes are more than just big explosions, there is reason above ground tests are banned.

Top Bottom