• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II launches November 10, 2017

wished they refined the familiar system instead of demolish it and try somethign new.

it was a perfectly fine jumping off point for the combat system. they could have really fine tuned it and explored it in so many more ways this time. disappointed how this is turning out. went from a day 1 to a wait and see how it turns out unfortunately. battle and kingdom building are turning me off

This look so damn beautiful and gorgeous. The charm is what got me through the first game despite its numerous flaws so any improvements here are welcome. Familiars weren't the problem per se, it was the atrocious AI and sluggish input methods (the game didn't know whether it wanted to be turn based or real time) that hurt the flow. This looks much better.

It's pretty strange they have chibi characters in the overworld. I prefer they keep things consistent like in the first game.

Gematsu link
Online Multiplayer
“There will be multiplayer,” Hino said. “You will be able to play online with your friends in various capacities.”

Returning characters
Asked whether we’d see returning characters, Hino said, “Although I can confirm that there will be all sorts of cool characters in this sequel, for now the characters that are returning will remain secret. I would love for our fans to play the game and enjoy the surprises.”

YouTube Link

elixia

one of my most hyped games in 2017. holy hell this game is pretty! and with the revamped battle system as well, I couldn't ask for more! first game was good but battle system was a bit meh for my taste so I'm super excited for this!

august: warriors all stars
september: Ys VIII
november: NNK2

2017 has been epic so far

addik

Just a question: I remembered the devs hinting that this game has a sort of kingdom building mechanic. Has it been explained how this mechanic worked? I'm really interested to know, but I can't seem to find if it had been on google.

Thanks, guys!

Just a question: I remembered the devs hinting that this game has a sort of kingdom building mechanic. Has it been explained how this mechanic worked? I'm really interested to know, but I can't seem to find if it had been on google.

Thanks, guys!

If I understood it correctly your kingdom grows during the game and it grants you stronger abilities in combat but it's supposedly largely optional and you don't need to spend a ton of time on it if you don't want to. We still haven't seen it in action doe.

The overword army battles might be tied to it too, who knows.

If I understood it correctly your kingdom grows during the game and it grants you stronger abilities in combat but it's supposedly largely optional and you don't need to spend a ton of time on it if you don't want to. We still haven't seen it in action doe.

The overword army battles might be tied to it too, who knows.

Kingdom building and army battles... is this the spiritual successor to Suikoden I've been waiting for? Probably not, but I'll settle for an actual successor to NNK. Wonder if we get to staff our kingdom too....

Exentryk

Can't wait to visit Yoda!

giphy.gif

Shin-Ra

Fighting on the overworld.

TlfzUMt.gif

I think L5 should remove facial features casting shadows, eyebrows at least. It really makes them look like they're floating.

Txx3

Neo Member
this game has the worst storytelling i have come across in a long time ...

now check this out ...your the president of the United states ( at least it looks like it)
you get transprorted to another dimension, where Mouse people try to overtrowh the Cat emprie Mindblow right :eek:...you as the president of the USA, find yourself not even in a different world ..you even find yourself in a different body (you but younger) o_O. So what reaction did you think would be appropiated from him for such a situation as this is happening to him ....yeah exactly ..he was like ...hmmm ok :rolleyes:.

the...fu...! who wrote this??? a 3 year old!?

next thing you know ....you running around with this dude (the President of the USA) ...who just did swap dimensions and u for some reason also now are a great swordsman, also u cool with the fact that u bassicaly can use magic ...its like ..okay ..whatever :rolleyes:

how do people not get annoyed with such thing????

Top Bottom