• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II launches November 10, 2017

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is the first worth picking up? This one looks pretty good, never got the chance to play any game of this franchise.

It is, but battles and team AI can be frustrating.

maxcriden

I don't think there is another developer who makes such beautiful looking games with consistently bland music and mediocre gameplay like level 5.

E.g Nino Kuni, Professor Layton, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud 2. Even Dragon quest 8 and 9 were amongst the best looking Dragon quest titles but worst ones in terms of gameplay.

Just curious, what do you dislike about Layton's gameplay? It's a puzzle game featuring (IMO top-shelf) brain teasers. Is it more the PnC-style adventure game wrapping you don't care for?

wmlk

Battle looked nice, but with the move to action it's more about you anticipating and attacking rather than making use of the mechanics. Not inherently a good or bad thing, but here it's a definite improvement over the slow, plodding, automated feel of the original.

I still would like better mobility options in combat. Evan moves really slow and the arenas are large.

Gonna miss the best familiar of them all

ninokunivbue9.jpg

Awesome news! Man this year just keeps on delivering :D. Definitely want to play this - Ni No Kuni 1 was a really fun game and has a special place in my heart as my first ever JRPG so hopefully they can make the sequel much much better :D.

I'm hoping especially that familiars won't be as hard to catch, the pacing will be better, and the magic and charm of the first game will remain.

Dazza

I can't believe it's coming out this year

I think I have to get a second job just to afford all these must have games.

After watching all 9 minutes.. I can honestly say this is going to be one of those games I can drink Cognac with and relax. It's endearing. I am in love with this game so far.

Franziska

Was honestly expecting a mid-2018 or so date.

The second half of 2017 is going to be lit. New Wolfenstein, New Xcom (basically), Sonic Mania, Tokyo Xanadu and now this.

Top Bottom