• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II launches November 10, 2017

Mifec

I don't think there is another developer who makes such beautiful looking games with consistently bland music and mediocre gameplay like level 5.

E.g Nino Kuni, Professor Layton, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud 2. Even Dragon quest 8 and 9 were amongst the best looking Dragon quest titles but worst ones in terms of gameplay.

Dragon Quest 8 had great music though...

kromeo

I don't think there is another developer who makes such beautiful looking games with consistently bland music and mediocre gameplay like level 5.

E.g Nino Kuni, Professor Layton, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud 2. Even Dragon quest 8 and 9 were amongst the best looking Dragon quest titles but worst ones in terms of gameplay.

DQ9 was the worst looking in the series, nothing wrong with the gameplay though

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm probably going to double dip. PC for a first playthrough with all the bells and whistles, PS4 for the Trophies (if the Platinum isn't too frustrating).

I got burned out partway through the first, but I'm excited to see if any of the story or gameplay changes in the second make it more my speed.

I like many of those games, but I agree that the music is usually bland and uninspired. I think the gameplay in NNK2 looks way better than the first one though.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I dont believe it will be day 1 pc, even if they say it will be. I dont think anyone else should get their hopes up either. Bound to be some type of "delay".

Ventara

Wow, I was not expecting it that soon. Amazing news! I've been looking forward to playing it as the first game was one of my favourites. This year truly has been amazing for gaming.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I dont believe it will be day 1 pc, even if they say it will be. I dont think anyone else should get their hopes up either. Bound to be some type of "delay".

Even though it's standard practice for Namco these days?

Hell yes. Earlier than I expected in that it's actually sticking to that 2017, that's awesome.

Year of Dreams just never ends. I'm loving all these Japanese games.

Earlier than I expected, that's AWESOME!

Totally. Especially since they've been on radio silence for so long regarding this. Loved the first one even if battle system got a little shallow, it still was a really fun, lighthearted RPG with a deep monster training aspect. Loved the world and art aesthetic so I'm all in for this.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
IGN Live has this on and it looks incredible. No more leveling up familiars to streamline things is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Top Bottom